European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I wonder how the night would have gone for Liverpool had it been Ajax in the final who were more deserving of the honour than Spurs?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 01, 2019, 11:30:09 PM
I wonder how the night would have gone for Liverpool had it been Ajax in the final who were more deserving of the honour than Spurs?

I'd say the younger Ajax would have won 3-0. They in no way would have been bullied by Liverpool.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 01, 2019, 11:44:19 PM

I'd say the younger Ajax would have won 3-0. They in no way would have been bullied by Liverpool.

In fairness Liverpool didn't bully anyone tonight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2019, 11:54:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 01, 2019, 11:44:19 PM

In fairness Liverpool didn't bully anyone tonight

Did I say they bullied Spurs?

thejuice

Poor game alright. Barcelona must be really kicking themselves watching it. But it's good lesson for them not showing up.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

Quote from: thejuice on June 02, 2019, 09:59:35 PM
Poor game alright. Barcelona must be really kicking themselves watching it. But it's good lesson for them not showing up.

Is this the same Barcelona that lost the Cupa del Rey to Valencia last week?

Milltown Row2

Barca were rubbish. Serious lack of back bone, brilliant on the front foot, not one player ready to roll his sleeves up when it gets tough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Anyone watching this England v Holland Nations league semi final? 2nd and 3rd goals conceded by England was really stupid play by Stones and Barkley

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 06, 2019, 10:20:55 PM
Anyone watching this England v Holland Nations league semi final? 2nd and 3rd goals conceded by England was really stupid play by Stones and Barkley

Comedy of errors, no sympathy for Barkley as he tried to get a player sent off earlier.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

From the Bunker

The worst thing of all for England is they have to hang around now for a dead rubber 3rd place game on Sunday! The last thing they need!

Cunny Funt

TabClear

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 24, 2019, 03:14:17 PM
https://www.the42.ie/san-siro-4695207-Jun2019/ Sad to see the end of another famous stadium.

More serious issues for Milan. Banned from Europe for a year for FFP violations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48801681

There will be a few clubs looking on nervously at this. Federations seem to be starting to implement meaningful punishment. AC would be considered one of the old European giants albeit they have struggled in recent times so it is not an insignificant move,

laoislad

PSG and Madrid both wearing Away kits is a bit bizarre, don't see the need for it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

A brilliant goal by scored by Bale, ignored by most all of his teammates, was eventually disallowed by VAR, quite correctly for a foul hand ball.. The BT commentator seemed to think that such a handball is only a foul under the new rules, what an idiot, it would have been a foul in any year had the ref noticed it.

imtommygunn

Quote from: laoislad on September 18, 2019, 08:39:23 PM
PSG and Madrid both wearing Away kits is a bit bizarre, don't see the need for it.

Agreed. Took me a minute there to figure out what was going on.