Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: JimStynes on April 01, 2020, 12:01:47 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on April 01, 2020, 11:59:19 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2020, 10:12:05 AM
I just got disney+.

Anyone finding that their Disney plus is buffering a right bit.  For example, I watched the Simpsons movie with the kids last night and it stopped to buffer 3/4 times... probably 10 seconds each time.  I'm streaming it through the firestick app.  The firestick is brand new so should be up to date.

I have it on the sky box and it's been fine. I have watched all I need to watch on it. Seems pretty obvious but unless youre into marvel or have kids then there isn't much on it worth talking about. Watched Mighty Ducks the other day though.

True.  Remember the Titans is on the schedule for tonight.

Main Street

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on April 01, 2020, 03:56:14 AM
Unbroken (2014)

Great movie
The book is a must read.
It's an incredible story captured from beginning to end in a book by Laura Hillenbrand.  This film stops half way through.
The 2 second part of the book was covered by a film sequel which didn't rock any boats.

JoG2

Quote from: lurganblue on April 01, 2020, 12:11:05 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 01, 2020, 12:01:47 PM
I just got disney+.

Anyone finding that their Disney plus is buffering a right bit.  For example, I watched the Simpsons movie with the kids last night and it stopped to buffer 3/4 times... probably 10 seconds each time.  I'm streaming it through the firestick app.  The firestick is brand new so should be up to date.

I have it on the sky box and it's been fine. I have watched all I need to watch on it. Seems pretty obvious but unless youre into marvel or have kids then there isn't much on it worth talking about. Watched Mighty Ducks the other day though.

True.  Remember the Titans is on the schedule for tonight.

Miracle with Kurt Russell is on Disney+ by the looks of it. Great show

Newbridge Exile

I just got disney+.

I have it on the firestick as well and touch wood  have had no issues so far with streaming

cadhlancian

Quote from: Taylor on April 01, 2020, 08:15:28 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on April 01, 2020, 05:30:52 AM
TigerKing .......that's all , close the thread 😂😂

Wrong thread cad..........head over to TV show thread and fill yer boots
Apologies 🙈🙈
My bad

lurganblue

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 01, 2020, 09:08:12 PM
I just got disney+.

I have it on the firestick as well and touch wood  have had no issues so far with streaming

Update, maybe that was a blip for me. Watched all of Solo last night and no buffering at all. That film got a bad rap and didn't do too well. It's not a classic but it was ok. Some starwars fans have too high an expectation I think. I'd actually be more interested in a sequel to it than the first, given the ending.

JPGJOHNNYG

I liked solo too. Thought the guy wasn't right for the role but he did his best. The rest of the cast was good. I like rogue one and solo probably more than the new trilogy to be honest.

imtommygunn

I think Rogue one is fantastic. Yet to see the latest starwars.

gallsman

Rogue One is the best of all the Start Wars films in my book.

Not a movie, but have just watched One Man, Two Guvnors, the play that James Corden (who I hate) won the Tony Award for Best Actor for. Very, very, very funny. The National Theatre are showing recordings of famous plays ever Thursday for the next few weeks. Once they air, they'll stay available for streaming for 6 days.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: gallsman on April 02, 2020, 10:03:16 PM

Not a movie, but have just watched One Man, Two Guvnors, the play that James Corden (who I hate) won the Tony Award for Best Actor for. Very, very, very funny. The National Theatre are showing recordings of famous plays ever Thursday for the next few weeks. Once they air, they'll stay available for streaming for 6 days.

I agree. Captured the spirit of the original Star Wars, was a great bit of storytelling, and the visual effects were not overdone but used just right. I like how you get to see a Star Destroyer broken up piece by piece, whereas in the original trilogy they'd have just put in a big explosion.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 02, 2020, 10:05:55 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 02, 2020, 10:03:16 PM

I agree. Captured the spirit of the original Star Wars, was a great bit of storytelling, and the visual effects were not overdone but used just right. I like how you get to see a Star Destroyer broken up piece by piece, whereas in the original trilogy they'd have just put in a big explosion.

Rouge One was fantastic. A good stand alone movie but how it merged into the original New Hope was superb. Agree that it's as good as Eps 4, 5 and 6.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mrdeeds

Watched Contagion. Excellent movie. Great cast and obviously very topical.

gallsman

A Fish Called Wanda starting on BBC 1. Classic.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on April 12, 2020, 09:14:00 PM
Watched Contagion. Excellent movie. Great cast and obviously very topical.

Yep! Though I did leave it with knots in my stomach, wife refused to watch it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

The theory of everything was on tonight. I thought the French doctor in it looked like Frank Le boeuf the former Chelsea defender. I checked on imdb afterwards and it was. I saw the movie when it first came out 6 years ago and didn't spot Frank Le Boeuf.