Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 30, 2020, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 15, 2020, 02:59:01 PM
Seen 'The Gentlemen'.

Took a wile to get going, but was class in the end.  Hugh Grant was superb as the sleazy photographer and the fella , he he was interviewing, was as cool as hell.

I had a Matthew McConnaghy hard on this week, so I watched a Time to Kill. Great show. Some amount of great actors and actresses in it.

Watched the gentlemen last night as well. Good show. Hugh Grant was brilliant I though. And I wouldn't be his biggest fan.

Like a lot of his films. Ed TV, Killer Joe, Mud, Interstellar and the Lincoln Lawyer are all brilliant too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jell 0 Biafra

Frailty is another great McConaughey movie.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 30, 2020, 08:56:48 PM
Not a movie but anyone any thoughts on mandalorian? Looks ok thus far though more building up than anything.
I have enjoyed it and wouldn't be the biggest Star wars fan in the world

imtommygunn

Yeah I would watch Star Wars though am not a big fan boy or anything and think it's decent.

gallsman

Watched Syriana recent for first time in years. Great movie.

Orior

I watched Rocketman at the weekend. Great film. Taron Egerton is a great actor.

The film would make you feel a bit sad for Elton, and of course it would cause he had a lot of input to it.

His parents were show to be insensitive and rather cruel. It was a different generation, and the vast majority of people thought homosexuality was wrong (a jailable offence).

Elton is a musical genius, a terrific showman, but still a bit of a tosser.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tbrick18

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 30, 2020, 08:56:48 PM
Not a movie but anyone any thoughts on mandalorian? Looks ok thus far though more building up than anything.

Any good streams for this?

imtommygunn

BenDover

If your on O2 Disney+ is at a reduced rate, OH signed up for £3.99/m and there's a 7 day free trial atm for new sign ups

DrinkingHarp

Unbroken (2014)

Great movie
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

cadhlancian

TigerKing .......that's all , close the thread 😂😂

Taylor

Quote from: cadhlancian on April 01, 2020, 05:30:52 AM
TigerKing .......that's all , close the thread 😂😂

Wrong thread cad..........head over to TV show thread and fill yer boots

extra time

12th man. Brilliant film.

lurganblue

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2020, 10:12:05 AM
I just got disney+.

Anyone finding that their Disney plus is buffering a right bit.  For example, I watched the Simpsons movie with the kids last night and it stopped to buffer 3/4 times... probably 10 seconds each time.  I'm streaming it through the firestick app.  The firestick is brand new so should be up to date.

JimStynes

Quote from: lurganblue on April 01, 2020, 11:59:19 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2020, 10:12:05 AM
I just got disney+.

Anyone finding that their Disney plus is buffering a right bit.  For example, I watched the Simpsons movie with the kids last night and it stopped to buffer 3/4 times... probably 10 seconds each time.  I'm streaming it through the firestick app.  The firestick is brand new so should be up to date.

I have it on the sky box and it's been fine. I have watched all I need to watch on it. Seems pretty obvious but unless youre into marvel or have kids then there isn't much on it worth talking about. Watched Mighty Ducks the other day though.