Armagh v Tyrone [Athletic Grounds, Sun 5th June, 1.30]

Started by tiempo, May 23, 2022, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

8)I think we know where the MMA comes from. Lets call it as it is. Armagh havent built a defence in the last 5 years so it is a question of whether they bring the mma in their dna or just try and outscore Tyrone, because Armagh have great talent up front.
Tyrone are average this year in particular on scoring so if Armagh try to play football they can outscore Tyrone and we can all have a good game to watch..

tonto1888

Quote from: rrhf on June 02, 2022, 11:08:28 AM
8)I think we know where the MMA comes from. Lets call it as it is. Armagh havent built a defence in the last 5 years so it is a question of whether they bring the mma in their dna or just try and outscore Tyrone, because Armagh have great talent up front.
Tyrone are average this year in particular on scoring so if Armagh try to play football they can outscore Tyrone and we can all have a good game to watch..

the state of this

Tyrone Dreamer

Hard not to agree that if Armagh had spent more time on football and not MMA since Geezer took over they probably would have been better of for it.

WT4E

I know he had a good few of them at the MMA but did they organise weekly team sessions of it?

yellowcard

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 02, 2022, 12:14:32 PM
Hard not to agree that if Armagh had spent more time on football and not MMA since Geezer took over they probably would have been better of for it.

Geezer retired from playing about 15 years ago so you don't have to worry about him anymore. He will have no influence on the field of play. But sling a bit of mud if you want to believe that, it's just deflection tactics from your own teams ill discipline. The irony is that your captain is a boxer and he will be on the pitch on Sunday.

illdecide

MMA talk and now boxing...boring. Change the record lads and discuss the match
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

God14

Have a feeling this match could be very defensive minded, not far removed from what we saw in Clones last Sunday.
Even back in the McKenna cup game, I recall Armagh had got mass bodies behind the ball, and broke at pace on the counter.
They ran away from Tyrone in the second quarter with tactics youd associate with Rory Gallagher.
Tyrone have really struggled against Ulster opposition this year, as they have left 3 men ahead of the ball mostly.
Logan and Dooher will have to change tact now.
Unfortunately Tyrone need to master two templates going forward
One for the shite Rory Gallagher type stuff coming back into vogue in Ulster
And then a second more expansive version for when you meet the Quality southern opposition in the wide open spaces of Croke Park.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: God14 on June 02, 2022, 04:57:36 PM
Have a feeling this match could be very defensive minded, not far removed from what we saw in Clones last Sunday.
Even back in the McKenna cup game, I recall Armagh had got mass bodies behind the ball, and broke at pace on the counter.
They ran away from Tyrone in the second quarter with tactics youd associate with Rory Gallagher.
Tyrone have really struggled against Ulster opposition this year, as they have left 3 men ahead of the ball mostly.
Logan and Dooher will have to change tact now.
Unfortunately Tyrone need to master two templates going forward
One for the shite Rory Gallagher type stuff coming back into vogue in Ulster
And then a second more expansive version for when you meet the Quality southern opposition in the wide open spaces of Croke Park.

So Tyrone don't play plenty men behind the ball? 15 lads all playing their positions? When did this last happened? Can certainly remember big Plunkett Donaghy's team doing that back in the day at Casement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Tyrone had to change to the Jimmy mcguinness brand of football after continually losing to donegal.  Unfortunately they learnt that this brand of football wasn't much use against the kerrys and dublins of the world.  When dooher n logan came in, it was much more adventurous and it paid dividends last year.  With derry playing the Jimmy mcguinness brand I think it leaves many teams between the two styles

yellowcard

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 31, 2022, 08:15:43 PM
Oisin O'Neill has hurt the ankle/achilles throughout the year hence his lack of involvement. He won't play this season again to give it the best chance to fully recover.

There is an interview in todays Irish News with Oisin O'Neill where it says that he is back fit and available again. Given our absences at midfield he has to start if available.

NotedObserver

Quote from: yellowcard on June 02, 2022, 10:12:53 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 31, 2022, 08:15:43 PM
Oisin O'Neill has hurt the ankle/achilles throughout the year hence his lack of involvement. He won't play this season again to give it the best chance to fully recover.

There is an interview in todays Irish News with Oisin O'Neill where it says that he is back fit and available again. Given our absences at midfield he has to start if available.
[/quote

Game changer for Armagh for me. Rian Oneill needs to be close to goal

Aaron Boone

It's good to have a solid match-up this weekend, but I don't think the big-guns of Kerry, Derry or Dublin will be losing much sleep. 

Eire90

is the throw in time ok i personally think 1.30pm on saturday is good

lenny

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 02, 2022, 11:23:55 PM
It's good to have a solid match-up this weekend, but I don't think the big-guns of Kerry, Derry or Dublin will be losing much sleep.

lol, love it.

Derryman forever

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 02, 2022, 11:23:55 PM

🤣👍