McKenna Cup

Started by Against the Breeze, October 12, 2007, 10:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Against the Breeze

Any word of the groups or the fixtures for this year?

Black and white

no Mickey Harte hasnt decided yet

bingobus

I heard most of the games where to be played under lights midweek and the whole thing be over very quickly.

orangeman

Why don't Tyrone use the Mc Kenna cup as their trials ? Good competitive matches -

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: orangeman on October 12, 2007, 01:34:02 PM
Why don't Tyrone use the Mc Kenna cup as their trials ? Good competitive matches -

This is a very good option, also let the players play for the university teams thereby not reducing the number of players receviing exposure but increase it to it max potential. Yes it is nice to win something early in the year and breed confidence but there is no point doing this to the detriment of the development of the Squad

Maguire01

Most importantly, will the Ulster Council have listened to any of the feedback from this year's competition regarding:
Prices (£7)
Programmes (or lack of - and no club details)
and most importantly....
Venues (did somebody mention Irvinestown?)

Lets see prices capped at a fiver and a requirement for all venues to have a covered stand capable of holding at least 500. Lets not punish the hardcore fans who go turn out for their counties at this time of year. Let lessons be learnt and let the Ulster Council demonstrate that they're listening to the grassroots.

David McKeown

Absolutely Maguire01.  Also could somebody remind the guys at the gates that universities are involved and that there should be student prices.  Ive been refused a few times in the past.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

orangeman

I've heard students complain a lot - there should be a student discount ok.

fcuksake

matches under lights..

thanks Armagh fcuked...We've hardly got a pitch, never mind lights...
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

fcuksake

Quote from: fcuksake on October 14, 2007, 09:24:03 PM
matches under lights..

thanks Armagh fcuked...We've hardly got a pitch, never mind lights...

Sorry, 'THATS ARMAGH FCUKED'.. ::)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

FermPundit

Brewster Park won't be ready until April so Fermanagh wouldn't have a venue suitable for hosting mid week games during the winter.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ziggysego

Be chancy about Omagh then, 'cause they kept blowing a fuse today.
Testing Accessibility

Muzz

Think they got the whole thing sorted near the end though ziggy.  They had the lights on in the stand and the control tower was still lit aswell as the mic working too.  Took them long enough mind you!!!

Maguire01

Quote from: FermPundit on October 14, 2007, 09:27:56 PM
Brewster Park won't be ready until April so Fermanagh wouldn't have a venue suitable for hosting mid week games during the winter.

Was Brewster Park not supposed to have been ready for last year's championship? What's going on there? I'm not going back to Irvinestown!

FermPundit

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 14, 2007, 09:52:02 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on October 14, 2007, 09:27:56 PM

Was Brewster Park not supposed to have been ready for last year's championship? What's going on there? I'm not going back to Irvinestown!

I think I'm right in saying Brewster Park was due to ready for the middle of the summer just gone but because of the bad weather that we experienced during those months the completion date was put back. I don't really mind how ling it takes as long as the job is done properly.

I agree with your comments about Irvinestown. It's was a disgraceful venue for any match let alone an intercounty one. There was enough complaints about the state of the ground from within the county that I'll be very surprised if the county board fix any games here for the forseeable future.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.