Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

The Harps and cross should be a nice game

illdecide

That for sure is the tie of the round (Harps v Cross), no better time to get them than the first round....
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Spiritof98

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on February 08, 2007, 08:30:13 AM
Looks like well make it passed the 1st round this year then. 

Even you's cant mess this one up. Depends on armagh but you mighten have a c'ship game till after the summer.

Quote from: illdecide on February 08, 2007, 08:52:11 AM
That for sure is the tie of the round (Harps v Cross), no better time to get them than the first round....

Might as well pit ourselfs against the best, could be defeating the all ireland champions, that would be nice.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Candyman

what a challenge!!! better now than in the final though... ;)

Aghdavoyle

A bland enough draw i suppose, leaving all of the competitive (if there are any outside of cross) still there for the quarters.

I don't like our draw myself but we should be capable of getting through. Harps will be in a great position against cross, especially if the first round is played in early may as its supposed to be.

anportmorforjfc

good draw for us. Looking towards quarter final  :D

illdecide

Do any of you's lads know what date the first round of league fixtures are for?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

TYP you're a bit hard on Westmeath there, but have the right idea using the gif of the table , the table feature on this board is tricky.

------------   F    A  Diff Pts
Westmeath22004-212-18   9 4
Kildare 21101-230-24   2 3
Louth 21012-252-22   3 2
Armagh21011-190-23  -1 2
Laois 21011-171-18  -1 2
Derry21011-213-17  -2 2
Down 20111-273-25  -4 1
Galway20020-140-20  -6 0
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laughinpaddy

Any body heading to casement tonight to see the nab and coleraine reply?  Has the makings of a good one especially after the drawn game.

the Nab boys are bound to be feeling the strain of having so many tough games in such a short space of time.  But hi i wouldn't mind swapping places with them!
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Spiritof98

Sorry, out with the wife, she'd take some look at me if I was going to belfast to watch are country neighbours.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

pintsofguinness

Six inch nail
QuotePints, hes not banned from half enough. (mackin)

You mentioned a while back on this thread about the suspensions dealt out to Cullyhanna, I didn't comment at the time as I thought I would hold fire until I heard for sure what the suspensions were.  Yet again the Armagh County Board have shown themselves to be a gutless showers of shites!  With all the violence that day, Cullyhanna never picked up one meaningful suspension as most them are being served over the winter period.  As I said at the time, the neutrals were the people to listen to and they all said that the scenes were a disgrace.  However, the county board have managed to drag the thing out from September until January (while all but one of their players in the dock coutinued playing) and then hand out a couple of suspensions which will only serve to encourage Cullyhanna and other clubs to resort to violence when things are going against you.

Are there any neutrals on the board who were at the match, what are your opinions?  You may think that I should let sleeping dogs lie, however as the suspensions have only recently been handed out I think that this is a very relevant topic.

Laois and Donegal county boards have recently taken drastic steps to stamp out this sort of shite in their counties, and I felt that left it easy for our county board to do something similar.  Its a pit that they don't feel that this shite needs to be stamped out in Armagh.

Laughin Paddy
Wasn't at the match myself Six Inch Nail but from all accounts it was a disgrace.  You mentioned that the County board is a gutless shower of shites, i couldn't agree more, but from my point of view these two teams involved were never going to recieve meaning ful suspensions, -without sounding anti-south armagh- due to the fact that the large proportion of the county board who hold high officialdom are from south armagh.  imo if the two teams involved had of been mid or north armagh teams the suspensions would have been more severe.

I've just moved that off the Louth V Armagh thread because someone will be giving out  ::)

anyways, paddy you're talking there like two teams needed punished.  No harm to you but you've obviously no idea what went on that day. Silverbridge 6 points up with 4 minutes to play, would you tell me why we'd want to fight? FFS we're not even a physical team, never mind a dirty one.  The Bridge received correspondence from the county board about 4 weeks after the row stating that we couldn't expect any punishment because our boys didn't do anything. 

There was a while after the game it was rumoured nothing would be done because officials said they couldn't pin point the culprits (I still don't know if that was true or not).  I'd great hope when I heard reports went in and what I heard was in them.   Mal Mackin was reported to have struck 9 times.  Maybe he got off so lightly because he was ringing players apologising and crying that he was "sent out to do it". :D You have to laugh! What gets me is that I didn't notice Mal in the main row nor did I notice him doing anything (though I heard later he was stuck in it). However...Cormac McEvoy, who I think would have played with UUJ with Mackin?? and a fella who I've never seen lift his fists, on or off a football field, got caught up in the main row and had the blood pumping out of his face, the manager stripped off his shirt to stop it and as Cormac was kneeling down along the fence with Fitzpatrick's shirt to his face he was attacked by that thug casey and almost pushed through the wire of the stand. It was after this that big brave mal plucked up enough courage to run around the field after McEvoy throwing thumps at him. 

Ciaran McKeever, who was left injured 2 minutes into the first game when he ran 20 yards to clatter into the back of one of the lightest and youngest players on the field, was reported to have been contantly on the field, with his crutches, and refused to move for any offical or the referee.  He was then reported to have went to the intermediate final and threaten the officals who put in the reports about the game, he told them what he'd do with them if he ever seen them in Cullyhanna and so on.  This is the new Geezer? Don't make me f**king laugh. 
All of St. Pat's players, apart from young Reel that plays in the middle of the field and their keeper was reported for fighting. Not one of our players was reported, what does that tell you paddy?

Pure calculated thuggery went on that day and anyone who was there will tell you the same.
Just what I saw was...
Damien McCann jumped by 3 players and beaten on the ground
Cormac McEvoy being attacked 3 times.
Daniel McKenna, part of the management, attacked as he was helping McEvoy.
Ryan Hamill decked.
Brendan Bellew decked.
St. Pat's manager running in on the blind side of Liam Campbell, hitting him a thump and running to the ref.
Barry Campbell left with bite marks on his chest and fingers.
Nicolas Traynor headbutted - he'd to receive stitches.
Anthony Malley - going to the aid of Traynor, knocked to the ground and receiving several kicks to the face until Jimmy McKee dives in to protect him, rushed to the hospital. 

I've seen many brawls at games and players losing tempers, players being decked and so on but this was not like any of that and they've basically got off without punishment.  Even look at the high profile brawls there was last year and all the fuss that was raised over any of them, not one of them even came close to being as bad as what went on that day. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

Any word as to how Ballymacnab and Coleraine game ended tonight?

pintsofguinness

beat by 3 points and missed a penalty according to someone on orchardcounty.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile