The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 09, 2014, 12:09:05 AM
The Harps can't be half bad if they beat Maghery.  Who was the lad who scored a rake of points in the match?

Ultan Lennon.

Rufus T Firefly

This last few days have been really hectic and the excitement is beginning to build to what should be a great week-end. I see our own placard at the Monaghan Road junction!

Looking forward too to the 'Up For The Cup' night this Friday, in the Club, to celebrate 25 years since lifting McKillop with victory over St Pauls - great memories and a great opportunity by starting the weekend by seeing out the old and finishing the weekend with bringing in the new!!!   :)

brokencrossbar1

Big week for your lads but I suppose the experience gained from losing in 2009 will be useful to keep the players minds on the job,  fair bit of expectation I suppose as this would be seen as a good time to beat our boys as they really have only had 1 reasonably competitive game in the championship to date and the beating your lads gave us in the league will have bouyed up their confidence.  I suppose it's like every other year for our boys but I know that some of the bodies are really feeling it this year.  Lots of wee niggles and issues but no major ones bar 1 or 2.  Big change for the Young Irelanders to add on number 21!!!!

RealSpiritof98

Thinking that Cross are vulnerable is a mistake too many people have made down through the years. However i feel you are somewhat genuine in talking your chances down. If we do the unthinkable on Sunday I think it will be much more significant than the Pearse Ogs win in relation to the Cross machine going forward. Many a supporter would love to see an ultra competitive Championship year on year where 1 of 4/5 teams have every chance and Victory for us would i feel re-ignite a few years of uncertainty. That's not a slight on Cross, they deserve to be where they are and one can only admire what they have achieved.

general_lee

Thoughts on the ref? I just hope he isn't intimidated by Cross like so many of his peers.

maddog

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on October 13, 2014, 11:36:57 PM
This last few days have been really hectic and the excitement is beginning to build to what should be a great week-end. I see our own placard at the Monaghan Road junction!

Looking forward too to the 'Up For The Cup' night this Friday, in the Club, to celebrate 25 years since lifting McKillop with victory over St Pauls - great memories and a great opportunity by starting the weekend by seeing out the old and finishing the weekend with bringing in the new!!!   :)

Sounds like it could be a good night. I'll be tuning in on Sunday, good luck and cmon the Harps. If 89 is to be repeated the shambles will be busy for a week anyway

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: maddog on October 17, 2014, 12:20:51 PM

Sounds like it could be a good night. I'll be tuning in on Sunday, good luck and cmon the Harps. If 89 is to be repeated the shambles will be busy for a week anyway

The Shambles will be a shambles for a lot longer id that happens!!!

maddog

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2014, 12:28:18 PM
Quote from: maddog on October 17, 2014, 12:20:51 PM

The Shambles will be a shambles for a lot longer id that happens!!!

I'd say you lads are that used to them its just a couple of pints and sandwiches after the match and off to training for the Ulster.

Walter Cronc

How many of the Harps minor side who lost the Ulster final to Glen will be starting?

ogshead

Quote from: The Iceman on August 25, 2014, 05:08:41 PM
heard rumours that some of the OG's lads made big money on them losing to the harps?

Heard rumours that some of the HARP's lads made big money on them losing to Cross by more than 15 points

stew

Quote from: ogshead on October 20, 2014, 11:58:58 AM
heard rumours that some of the OG's lads made big money on them losing to the harps?

Heard rumours that some of the HARP's lads made big money on them losing to Cross by more than 15 points

Shurre you did hou Muppet! !!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ogshead

Quote from: stew on October 27, 2014, 03:14:21 AM
Quote from: ogshead on October 20, 2014, 11:58:58 AM

Shurre you did hou Muppet! !!

I was just wanted to see the reaction if I changed a few words around from the previous post

RealSpiritof98

Commiserations to Bennydorano and family on the passing of his father the great Paddy Kelly. The club wont feel the same without seeing paddy there. Great man.

maddog

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 03, 2014, 10:12:47 AM
Commiserations to Bennydorano and family on the passing of his father the great Paddy Kelly. The club wont feel the same without seeing paddy there. Great man.

Too true. RIP Paddy

stew

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 03, 2014, 10:12:47 AM

Well said. Paddy was a great man, not once did I ever see him raise his voice in anger, he just went about his business quietly and raised a hell of a family
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.