Tyrone v Monaghan - Healy Park, Omagh - 16/04/2023 16:00

Started by CK_Redhand, April 12, 2023, 04:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on April 16, 2023, 07:17:03 PM
Turned her off at half time. Getting the impression I shouldn't have.

You weren't the only entity to switch off at half-time FFS, alas!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Watcher

Jesus they were 2 very soft goals conceded by Tyrone.  Meyler and Morgan would normally be reliable enough in preventing goals but both will be disappointed with their attempts for either goal

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on April 16, 2023, 07:15:57 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 16, 2023, 07:08:06 PM
Matty D 3 points from play and a leader, taking him off was a terrible decision. Did Ruairi touch the ball?

Also Dooher with fourth official, pure harassment.

Ref gave Monaghan some handy ones to keep them in it

For someone who has so much talent and should be a leader for that team I thought Petey Harte was very poor and didn't get on enough ball as he should have!!

Watched Harte against us in Ulster club. He was miles off it physically in that so don't know what Tyrone think he can do at this stage.

JoG2

Boys a dear, Tyrone's finest wee Trailer on the naughty step?? Of all days!!

tyroneman

Near post goal, am sure Morgan will be disappointed, although the defence also seemed to have gone AWOL.

tyrone08

The annoying thing about Monaghan is they can produce brilliant displays at times however once they have any sort of scalp they seem happy to disappear again for another year.

They always seem like a team to be happy in Division 1 without any actual desire to go on and win anything, 2 ulster titles in 35 years back that up

Itchy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 16, 2023, 06:35:39 PM
Game was won at Midfield 2nd half.

It was. You'd have to wonder how Tyrone had all these clever set plays in the 1st half on kick outs and then it was like a different team in the 2nd half. They handed Monaghan a foot in the door and they duly burst the door open.

yellowcard

Tyrone have a few players who have regressed badly since winning the All Ireland in 2021. McGeary, Burns, McNamee, Sludden have not done much since the AI win. I don't know what's happened with McShane either as he has fallen off a cliff since apparently getting a golden handshake to resist Aussie Rules. Some of them probably have their best days behind them but it's not like they're too old either. Id say it's as simple as them simply not retaining the hunger after scaling the peak. Without that manic desire Tyrone look average and Monaghan had that in spades in the second half. Tyrone barring a few exceptions couldn't really match it.

I don't see them having much of an impact on the AI series either, they could make a quarter final but based on all known form they will probably limp out. Unlike Mayo, the 5 week gap will be of no benefit to them.

Armagh18

Quote from: An Watcher on April 16, 2023, 08:12:35 PM
Jesus they were 2 very soft goals conceded by Tyrone.  Meyler and Morgan would normally be reliable enough in preventing goals but both will be disappointed with their attempts for either goal
No defender likes a forward as good as O'Hanlon running at them, he did really well but yesh should have been stopped. Morgan and the whole country were expecting the lad to fist a point for the second one, but still Morgan must do better there!

thewobbler

Quote from: tyrone08 on April 16, 2023, 08:17:34 PM
The annoying thing about Monaghan is they can produce brilliant displays at times however once they have any sort of scalp they seem happy to disappear again for another year.

They always seem like a team to be happy in Division 1 without any actual desire to go on and win anything, 2 ulster titles in 35 years back that up

That's one of the most insulting things I've read on GAA Board.

A county that has decimated the natural bar set by their population levels, for 2 generations now.

And you describe them as a failure.

It's not just insulting. It's retarded.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armagh18

Quote from: thewobbler on April 16, 2023, 08:22:37 PM

A county that has decimated the natural bar set by their population levels, for 2 generations now.

I think they're maybe victims of their own success tbh. Just had a look at the population list there and the counties most similar to them are Sligo, Fermanagh, Carlow and Roscommon. Ok Roscommon do rightly but the others have nowhere near the pedigree Monaghan have. Seriously punching above their weight and unlike 3 of those, there would be a not insignificant number of people in Monaghan who wouldn't exactly be GAA inclined shall we say.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thewobbler on April 16, 2023, 08:22:37 PM

You do know what "decimate" means, ie, to destroy a tenth, literally?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

SouthDublinBro

Monaghan thrive in the early stages of the competition when the refereeing standards are much weaker. This "Cullen" from Fermanagh will not be getting any big games in the near future.

Schkite

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on April 16, 2023, 08:50:03 PM

Monaghan thrive in the early stages of the competition when the refereeing standards are much weaker. This "Cullen" from Fermanagh will not be getting any big games in the near future.

I almost admire the dedication in keeping this troll account going over several years