Tyrone v Monaghan - Healy Park, Omagh - 16/04/2023 16:00

Started by CK_Redhand, April 12, 2023, 04:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 16, 2023, 05:51:54 PM
Canavan should been MOTM
100% - shouldn't be afraid to give it to one of the losing team. OHanlon was Monaghan's vest player

Quarterbackk

Quote from: tyrone08 on April 16, 2023, 05:53:29 PM
Quote from: Quarterbackk on April 16, 2023, 05:51:42 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on April 16, 2023, 05:49:22 PM
Quote from: Quarterbackk on April 16, 2023, 05:47:04 PM
This is what happens when you play with athletes  and not footballers.  Michael O Neil, Frank burns, Kieran mc Geary, Cormac Quinn. Pure shite.

LOL one of those players won footballer of the year

And never beat the dubs and can't shoot. Wise up. What did your half forward line score today.

You can tell me to wise up all you want but the fact  is he won footballer of the year. Nothing will change that lol.

He did and well deserved.

trueblue1234

Great game. Needed that after some of the sh!te served up recently. Pity bout the result but Monaghan well deserved that, especially cause of that finish for the goal!!

Still have hope for the rest of the year. Some of the attacking play was great. Badly need to sort out some of the defensive problems. Thought McCurry took some wrong options but great ball winner.
Ref was poor, but for both teams with some questionable decisions for both sides.

Have to settle for Sam now.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

yellowcard

Kilpatrick, Beggan, McCarthy, O'Hanlon and McCurry all played well but Canavan was the best player on view today.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Fair play to Monaghan, fantastic second half performance to turn it around and some effort to stick in the goal at the end. If they can maintain that level of performance and intensity they will be tricky for most teams. Test for them will be can they maintain it or was today their performance of the championship. Deserved winners today.

From a Tyrone point of view the first half was decent and five point lead probably didn't quite reflect their performance. Second half simply not good enough though and the team got weaker with the subs for me. Also felt my concerns over lack of scorers were correct, Canavan and McCurry apart there wasn't enough threat. Not beyond them to still be a serious threat as the championsip goes on but plenty to work on.

Proper game of football anyway and Ulster Championship alive and kicking.

WT4E

Ref was poor
Tyrone half forward line was a problem before ball was thrown in
Meyler had a great 1st half but had a complete nightmare for the goal, showed the lad goal side
Why did they feel the need to change munroe for mcnamee. Mcnamee might have saved the goal that Morgan should have
Kind of feel like that monaghan deserved it cause they took on the goal when it was on unlike our two fisted points in 2nd half.
Doogan not up to it

yellowcard

Fair play to Vinny Corey too. He took on a job that nobody else wanted, kept them up against the odds and turned around that game at half time today which looked very unlikely. Made a few bold subs today that worked out massively, he has been manager of the year so far to date. Also that second half was great to watch, high energy front foot stuff.

Wildweasel74

thewobbler

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 16, 2023, 06:00:17 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 16, 2023, 05:54:54 PM
O'Hanlon got motm!

Mcmanus on BBC. I'd agree it should have been Beggan or Canavan.

McCarthy for me. The main reason for the turnaround

cadhlancian

Excellent game off football , fair play to Monaghan , dug in when they needed to . Hard to win any games with that starting HF line of ONeill , McGeary and Burns . There needs to be at least some form of scoring threat from that line - there isn't . Surprising decision to take off Donnelly near the end when the game was in the melting pot and experience was key , plus he can kick a point , maybe injured ?
Thought Kilpatrick played well and Canavan was immense . A couple of times in the second half McGeary received the ball around the 45 and had a chance to drive past his man in behind - both times turned and went back and recycled .

tbrick18

Quote from: thewobbler on April 16, 2023, 06:35:45 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 16, 2023, 06:00:17 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 16, 2023, 05:54:54 PM
O'Hanlon got motm!

Mcmanus on BBC. I'd agree it should have been Beggan or Canavan.

McCarthy for me. The main reason for the turnaround

O'hanlon was consistently good over the whole game. Deserved motm in my view.

Monaghan actually much the better side in the 2nd half. If they'd put in a full 70 like that, they'd have won by 6 or 7.
Tyrone might still pull sometout of the bag in AI series but I'm not sure they are contenders any more. Management look out of their depth.

Monaghan will be hard to beat if they can maintain that level.

Cunny Funt

Life in the old dog yet, fine second half performance by Monaghan to win and outscore Tyrone  2-9 to 0-8.  Sets up intriguing semi final v Derry who i doubt will concede a score as big as 2-17 but they are conceding goals so an area for Monaghan to exploit.  Plenty of soul searching for Tyrone after that defeat, 5 points up at half time and lost their way badly.

marty34

Quote from: marty34 on April 16, 2023, 12:46:24 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 16, 2023, 12:28:09 PM
No body ruling Monaghan out, but their age profile is against them. You can't play a lad of, 36 at Midfield

Don't rule lads out because of their age.

That's silly.

Tut tut!

blanketattack

Could have a potential round robin group of Dublin, Monaghan, Derry and Tyrone.