Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Westmeath's story concerning dropping to Div.4 is very like our situation, we can learn from that and come bouncing back up next year..

QuoteTom Cribbin says his Westmeath squad is made up of a nice blend of youth and experience as they switch their focus to the Leinster SFC.
The Lake County finished with 13 points to spare over Wexford in yesterday's Allianz FL Division 4 decider and, shortly after the final whistle, their manager told RTÉ Sport: "We have a very strong panel this year and a lot of good young lads are coming through.
"We also have good leaders in Paul Sharry, Ger Egan, John Heslin, Kevin Maguire and James Dolan to bring the young lads to the next level."
He continued: "Our panel wasn't strong enough last year. Three or four of our key players got bad injuries. We didn't perform without them.
"We've dealt with it now. We're back up to Division 3.
"We're starting to play good football and there is a good shape to our team."
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

So genuinely did not think I would say this but if Sean Moore is worth a shot on Laois Panel so is Jody Dillion.  His decent and being on a county panel might get more out of him.

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 09, 2017, 06:26:38 PM
So genuinely did not think I would say this but if Sean Moore is worth a shot on Laois Panel so is Jody Dillion.  His decent and being on a county panel might get more out of him.
Between Gareth Tynan and Jody Dillon you're on a massive scouting hot streak at the moment. Any other gems out there?

O moore parklife

I'm not a creedon basher and I know how the laois inter county scene goes but my p':s was boiled  this week.2 lads called up to county after being overlooked for league all year purely to be used as tackle dummies for 6 weeks cause the "real seniors" are wrapped in cotton wool. Club are in a heap without them. If they were in genuine contention  I'd wish them well.

SCFC

Quote from: O moore parklife on April 09, 2017, 10:39:14 PM
I'm not a creedon basher and I know how the laois inter county scene goes but my p':s was boiled  this week.2 lads called up to county after being overlooked for league all year purely to be used as tackle dummies for 6 weeks cause the "real seniors" are wrapped in cotton wool. Club are in a heap without them. If they were in genuine contention  I'd wish them well.
Shane Nerney? Who's the other Od's player?

Faugheen

Quote from: clonadmad on April 05, 2017, 01:02:06 PM
There are close to 1100 boys in primary schools in Portlaoise Parish,how many of these would be playing or getting coached in the parish clubs?.

id wager no more than 20%-30% at the very most.

As for Graiguecullen,dont think ive ever seen them travel to an U8/10 Go Games fixture and the amount of underage games they conceded last year across all the age groups was nothing short of a disgrace.

Don't know where you are getting your facts from Clonad..Pure horsesh1t. Graiguecullen u8/10s missed 2 blitzes last year... Got to the final of the u12 shield, competed in u14 league and chamionship and the u16 championship. The walkovers you probably refer to are at u16 where they had to pull out of the league due to lack of numbers.                                                                     
     BTW, I never seen Clonad at an u8/u10 blitz. Does that mean they never travel ???

Also congratulations to Graiguecullen U14 who will represent Laois in this years football Feile after winning the B section over the weekend.

clonadmad

Except it's not horseshit

When I get a chance later I will give you the exact number of games your club conceded by age group last year.

Don Draper

Quote from: Faugheen on April 10, 2017, 11:00:56 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on April 05, 2017, 01:02:06 PM
There are close to 1100 boys in primary schools in Portlaoise Parish,how many of these would be playing or getting coached in the parish clubs?.

id wager no more than 20%-30% at the very most.

As for Graiguecullen,dont think ive ever seen them travel to an U8/10 Go Games fixture and the amount of underage games they conceded last year across all the age groups was nothing short of a disgrace.

Don't know where you are getting your facts from Clonad..Pure horsesh1t. Graiguecullen u8/10s missed 2 blitzes last year... Got to the final of the u12 shield, competed in u14 league and chamionship and the u16 championship. The walkovers you probably refer to are at u16 where they had to pull out of the league due to lack of numbers.                                                                     
     BTW, I never seen Clonad at an u8/u10 blitz. Does that mean they never travel ???

Also congratulations to Graiguecullen U14 who will represent Laois in this years football Feile after winning the B section over the weekend.

Are Graigue in B underage? Jesus, thats not confidence inspiring. Who's in the A then?!

Zooming around

Quote from: O moore parklife on April 04, 2017, 08:42:23 AM

The GDAs (Begley excused) are not working out. Is that a job for life, or do they actually have targets? Can they just churn out year after year of muck and be allowed to continue?

Couldn't agree more donnie brennan and james kelly have turned into council workers appointed through nepotism lazy no vision but untouchable should be a clean sweep every 3 -5 years
[/quote]

By all accounts James Kelly is finishing up ie being sacked in three weeks time. Looks like you got your way and got a man sacked from his job based on the opinion of cowardly faceless keyboard warriors. Hope you're happy.

redsetanta

The CB are even worse than we thought. They are now sacking their employees after dropping in here for 5 minutes. Would someone please tell them that you can't believe everything you read?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on May 16, 2017, 02:08:34 PM

The GDAs (Begley excused) are not working out. Is that a job for life, or do they actually have targets? Can they just churn out year after year of muck and be allowed to continue?

Couldn't agree more donnie brennan and james kelly have turned into council workers appointed through nepotism lazy no vision but untouchable should be a clean sweep every 3 -5 years

By all accounts James Kelly is finishing up ie being sacked in three weeks time. Looks like you got your way and got a man sacked from his job based on the opinion of cowardly faceless keyboard warriors. Hope you're happy.
[/quote]

I didnt realize we had such power.

In that case.........

Handy and Kavanagh out!!!!

O moore parklife

[/quote]
Yes I'm sure a few posts on a group that only a handful of people take part it lost him his job not his incompetence.
Good man

clonadmad

[/quote]

Kelly wasn't sacked,he left this job after getting a better paid position in another organization.

Best to climb down off your high horse now son,you look foolish enough there as it is.

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on May 16, 2017, 11:04:43 PM

Kelly wasn't sacked,he left this job after getting a better paid position in another organization.

Best to climb down off your high horse now son,you look foolish enough there as it is.
[/quote]

You're the one on the horse. Be careful when you fall off. The ground is quite hard these days.

He was sacked. He applied for, and got, the other job after being told he was sacked.

Perceptions are everything. Just because he didn't play for Laois doesn't mean that he was a bad coach. At least he has a f**king car anyway.