Author Topic: Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3  (Read 47673 times)

Junior Ex Laoistalk

• View Profile
Re: Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3
« Reply #705 on: April 09, 2017, 11:09:47 AM »
Westmeath's story concerning dropping to Div.4 is very like our situation, we can learn from that and come bouncing back up next year..

Tom Cribbin says his Westmeath squad is made up of a nice blend of youth and experience as they switch their focus to the Leinster SFC.
The Lake County finished with 13 points to spare over Wexford in yesterday's Allianz FL Division 4 decider and, shortly after the final whistle, their manager told RTÉ Sport: “We have a very strong panel this year and a lot of good young lads are coming through.
“We also have good leaders in Paul Sharry, Ger Egan, John Heslin, Kevin Maguire and James Dolan to bring the young lads to the next level.”
He continued: “Our panel wasn’t strong enough last year. Three or four of our key players got bad injuries. We didn't perform without them.
“We've dealt with it now. We're back up to Division 3.
“We're starting to play good football and there is a good shape to our team.”
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 09, 2017, 06:26:38 PM »
So genuinely did not think I would say this but if Sean Moore is worth a shot on Laois Panel so is Jody Dillion.  His decent and being on a county panel might get more out of him.

Don Draper

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 09, 2017, 09:15:37 PM »
So genuinely did not think I would say this but if Sean Moore is worth a shot on Laois Panel so is Jody Dillion.  His decent and being on a county panel might get more out of him.
Between Gareth Tynan and Jody Dillon you're on a massive scouting hot streak at the moment. Any other gems out there?

O moore parklife

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 09, 2017, 10:39:14 PM »
I'm not a creedon basher and I know how the laois inter county scene goes but my p':s was boiled  this week.2 lads called up to county after being overlooked for league all year purely to be used as tackle dummies for 6 weeks cause the "real seniors" are wrapped in cotton wool. Club are in a heap without them. If they were in genuine contention  I'd wish them well.

SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 10, 2017, 01:17:10 AM »
I'm not a creedon basher and I know how the laois inter county scene goes but my p':s was boiled  this week.2 lads called up to county after being overlooked for league all year purely to be used as tackle dummies for 6 weeks cause the "real seniors" are wrapped in cotton wool. Club are in a heap without them. If they were in genuine contention  I'd wish them well.
Shane Nerney? Who's the other Od's player?

Faugheen

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 10, 2017, 11:00:56 AM »
There are close to 1100 boys in primary schools in Portlaoise Parish,how many of these would be playing or getting coached in the parish clubs?.

id wager no more than 20%-30% at the very most.

As for Graiguecullen,dont think ive ever seen them travel to an U8/10 Go Games fixture and the amount of underage games they conceded last year across all the age groups was nothing short of a disgrace.

Don't know where you are getting your facts from Clonad..Pure horsesh1t. Graiguecullen u8/10s missed 2 blitzes last year... Got to the final of the u12 shield, competed in u14 league and chamionship and the u16 championship. The walkovers you probably refer to are at u16 where they had to pull out of the league due to lack of numbers.                                                                     
     BTW, I never seen Clonad at an u8/u10 blitz. Does that mean they never travel ???

Also congratulations to Graiguecullen U14 who will represent Laois in this years football Feile after winning the B section over the weekend.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:04:30 AM by Faugheen »

clonadmad

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 10, 2017, 11:30:13 AM »
Except it's not horseshit

When I get a chance later I will give you the exact number of games your club conceded by age group last year.

Don Draper

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 10, 2017, 11:34:25 AM »
There are close to 1100 boys in primary schools in Portlaoise Parish,how many of these would be playing or getting coached in the parish clubs?.

id wager no more than 20%-30% at the very most.

As for Graiguecullen,dont think ive ever seen them travel to an U8/10 Go Games fixture and the amount of underage games they conceded last year across all the age groups was nothing short of a disgrace.

Don't know where you are getting your facts from Clonad..Pure horsesh1t. Graiguecullen u8/10s missed 2 blitzes last year... Got to the final of the u12 shield, competed in u14 league and chamionship and the u16 championship. The walkovers you probably refer to are at u16 where they had to pull out of the league due to lack of numbers.                                                                     
     BTW, I never seen Clonad at an u8/u10 blitz. Does that mean they never travel ???

Also congratulations to Graiguecullen U14 who will represent Laois in this years football Feile after winning the B section over the weekend.

Are Graigue in B underage? Jesus, thats not confidence inspiring. Who's in the A then?!

clonadmad

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 10, 2017, 11:58:20 AM »