NEW LAOIS MANAGER

Started by Unlaoised, August 03, 2016, 10:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

I know we've had some discussion in the last thread about it but I think it deserves a thread of its own...

I hear John Sugrue is not interested in it as he is building a new house.

I have heard Evan's from Tipp will be approached how true that is I don't know.

I think they should get back Sean Dempsey as a selector or be some way involved  but it needs to be a modern appointment with experienced selectors who are currently watching the championship here in Laois at moment .

I agree with Wolly I think there is still one kick left in this bunch of players!

LAOIS ABÚ

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 03, 2016, 10:23:52 AM
I think they should get back Sean Dempsey as a selector or be some way involved  but it needs to be a modern appointment with experienced selectors who are currently watching the championship here in Laois at moment .

I would doubt you are suggesting that Sean Dempsey would be a modern appointment? Sean had fantastic success in developing underage football but the type of football he tried to play with the seniors was more suited to the 70s than the 2010s. Would love to see him involved with coaching and development squads again as he was remarkably good.

SCFC

Please not Jason Ryan. He was ran out of Kildare.
Not sure about Evans either though he seems likeable.
I'd like something a bit fresh and left field. Johnny Doyle? Pauric Joyce?

County baller

While The Heath collapsed against Portlaoise at the weekend Donie Norton has made huge strides with their squad. He has experience with Justin McNulty as a selector. Could he be a candidate?

Don Draper

No to Norton. John Doyle, like Glen Ryan before him, can f**k off.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on August 03, 2016, 11:40:14 PM
No to Norton. John Doyle, like Glen Ryan before him, can f**k off.

ha ha.....nice one....

Heard an Ex Dublin player has thrown his hat in the ring but he has other options I didn't hear who though
LAOIS ABÚ

High Fielder

I don't mind who gets it as long as the players are happy and want to play for him. I don't want some friend of a friend, some journeyman or someone who believes they are owed the job to get it. I want the best we can get, fully endorsed by the players

Unlaoised

Quote from: High Fielder on August 04, 2016, 10:41:00 AM
I don't mind who gets it as long as the players are happy and want to play for him. I don't want some friend of a friend, some journeyman or someone who believes they are owed the job to get it. I want the best we can get, fully endorsed by the players

Well said !!!
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Pat Ryan is probably out now anyway

Tony

Pat Ryan, like Lillis, is a very, very nice man. He's a very good all-rounder and has done excellent work for multiple sports in Laois.  I wouldnt mind seeing him involved in the background somewhere. However, I don't think he's anywhere near what we should be getting into the main job. I can think of a lot lot worse though. But as Don says, prob has a lot more to think about at the moment than Laois Football.

Tony

Quote from: High Fielder on August 04, 2016, 10:41:00 AM
Well said High Fielder. But the reality is that nobody will be liked by everybody.  Let's just get the most competent, committed and smartest guy we can get who can man manage as well (wishful thinking but there are men like that around). Not holding my breath but would be very dissappointed with a TOF/sean d/lillis style appointment. At least if we have someone decent with a very good tactical brain and good man management - everyone should be happy with that regardless if they're playing or not.

south Laois

It's gone very quite regarding our next manager. What's the latest rumours doing the rounds?

Unlaoised

I was told talks are on going and they have approached 4 guys ...

All I was told was one was a Laois man the other 3 were not and that Cunningham wasn't interested...

My source is usually spot on!
LAOIS ABÚ

GAA-SMART

Paul Curran is one of the names being mentioned? Jason Ryan, John Evans names have also been circulated?

Don Draper

Paul Curran?

Get the f**k out of here.