Senior Football Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoischat

Now that the championships have finished up, we look towards awards season. Think the Leinster made a go of an "All-Star Team" as well as a player of the year, young player of the year:

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)
2. Shane Murphy ( Emo)
3. Shane Carney ( Emo0
4. David Seale (Portlaoise)
5. Darren Strong ( Emo)
6. Kieran Lillis (Portlaoise)
7. Cahir Healy (Portlaoise)
8. Evan O'Carrol (Crettyard)
9. Donie Kingston (Arles-Killeen)
10. Brian Smith (Portlaoise)
11. Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise)
12. Nigel Murphy (Emo)
13. Paul Cahilane ( Portlaoise)
14. Paul Lawlor (Emo)
15. Mick Lawlor (Emo)

Player of the year: Shane Murphy (Emo)
Young Player of the Year: Sean Moore (Ballyfin)

Some strange enough calls in that. Any opinions?

SCFC

I thought Seale was the best defender in the championship and possibly the best player all year.

Laoischat

Agreed David Seale was a real gem this year. Himself, Brian Smith and Shane Murphy would be my 3 nominations for Player of the year.

No arguments with Sean Moore for Young Player

The Melancholy Sloth

Brody, Seale, Cotter, Healy, Lillis, Boyle, Smyth, Dillon, Cahillane and Rodgers would all be valuable additions to the Laois squad this year. Here is hoping Lillis can get these lads on board.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

St Vincents gone.... Portlaoise must gain confidence from that.

Dublin SFC Final - Ballyboden St Endas v St Vincents
First Half:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hmie_aWZ_4&feature=player_embedded#t=20
Second Halfhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5JMseUs2Ewk#t=20

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Jimmy P

"Brody, Seale, Cotter, Healy, Lillis, Boyle, Smyth, Dillon, Cahillane and Rodgers would all be valuable additions to the Laois squad this year. Here is hoping Lillis can get these lads on board. "

Boyle and Brody and Dillon were there this year were they not? Not really an addition then.

Of the rest Healy will hurl away Id imagine. Smyth would be worth a look along with Cotter and Seale however Rogers and Cahilane have been in before and offered nothing. Neither that young anymore either  and generally if they havnt established themselves by now as inter county they they are not going to make it. Same goes for Lilis but im sure his father will be anxious to give him another go.

Laoischat

Wasn't overly impressed with Lillis this year, was solid throughout but nothing major. Was announced Tuesday as player of the year and with his dad in charge will definitely be involved at some level.

Healy will continue to commute for hurling.

Cahilane maybe, but whether he will fully commit needs to be looked at. Is he still in Wexford?

Seale and Cotter showed well, and are both under 25. Cotter has some serious size about him too.

Bruno's passed it with regards inter county.

Other than that, I cant see many more even coming close to the panel.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Jimmy P on November 05, 2015, 01:00:26 PM
"Brody, Seale, Cotter, Healy, Lillis, Boyle, Smyth, Dillon, Cahillane and Rodgers would all be valuable additions to the Laois squad this year. Here is hoping Lillis can get these lads on board. "

Boyle and Brody and Dillon were there this year were they not? Not really an addition then.

Of the rest Healy will hurl away Id imagine. Smyth would be worth a look along with Cotter and Seale however Rogers and Cahilane have been in before and offered nothing. Neither that young anymore either  and generally if they havnt established themselves by now as inter county they they are not going to make it. Same goes for Lilis but im sure his father will be anxious to give him another go.
I think Smyth commutes from the UK to play so that rules him out. I agree with the rest although Cahalane is only turning 26 this year...

Lake County

Off the track a bit but i have taken up a managerial job in offaly and i'm wondering is there any stats men in the laois area who might be available if anyone knows?

SpeculativeEffort

Looks like the big guns in Kerry don't have a safety net like they do in Laois...

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=247970