BRING BACK THE SUNDAY GAME THEME MUSIC

Started by G@@, April 06, 2007, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Bud Wiser

One of the reasons I signed the petition was because apart from the current sig tune on RTE being rubbish, there was nothing to get the hairs standing up on the back of the neck like watching the Artane Boys band, or the Garda band, marching under the bowl of stands at the Canal end of Croker and them playing the old tune with the crowd going mad waving flags.  Not alone have they taken away the best intro for any sports program on RTE or any other station but they took that special little piece out of Croker and other grounds in doing so.  Danny Lynch and Peter McKenna should try and get the bands to retain it at Croker.

Cloc Mor

Anyone got a recording of the music they could put on here?

Bud Wiser

It was recorded by Seamus Deireanach and is called "Jagerlatein"

A quick troll through Google under James Last or the title brings some interesting results.
"Jagerlatein" according to one result suggests that translated it means "Hunting Is Great"

Now that The Tudor Rooms in Barrys has closed and turned into a lap dancing club I can only assume that this means hunting in the blood sports side of things.

Therin may be the very reason why it is no longer with us.  Can you just imagine the colours of The Peoples Republic and Crossmaglen Rangers being waved madly by 82,000 people at the AI Hurling Final in September and all to the tune of "Hunting Is Great" and for Danny Lynch and Peter McKenna to come in on Monday morning to find one wall left of a burnt out shell with the words "Ban Blood Sports" written on it!!!!.

Cloc Mor

Great to hear it again.  So much better than that piss they have at present.  Bring it back alright.

sam03/05

How do I download this? Do I need to sign up to magaupload thingy??

neilthemac

just click on the link where it says download. then wait for the download to begin...

Fishead_Sam

Ya I used to love that song, all my brother ever said you could hear was me yellping and roaring as I tore up the hall, the oulde lady shouting at my not to be yelping like an animal and not to break the back of the couch as I vaulted over it to take my seat on front of the t.v. it got the hairs on the back of the kneck up and the blood boiling. If I can recall I used to throw a few up Maigh-Eo s in for good measure even the game was probably Down V Derry or Kerry V Limerick.

stew

Here, that music is not the best at all boys, in fact it is pretty bad to be honest.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."