Craigavon - the lost city!

Started by Bacon, December 03, 2007, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon

Did anyone see the progrtamme on BBC about Craigavon. Named after the leader of the Unionist Party it was the flag-ship progrect of the 1960s for Unionist Northern Ireland.
I thought Emerson went easy on it! No surprise there.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

David McKeown

Yeah thought it was a good show but when I studied it in school (in Craigavon) the first thing we were taught was that it was in the wrong area place and to be a success it needed to be further north and west, there seemed to be no mention of that
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

saffron sam2

Emerson came across as a real smug wee p***k, moreso even than he ever did whilst posting on this board.  That is an achievement.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

illdecide

who was that guy Emerson? and is he one of us?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

SeanSouth

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 04, 2007, 08:40:26 AM
Emerson came across as a real smug wee p***k, moreso even than he ever did whilst posting on this board.  That is an achievement.

Is he an ex-poster Sam? The thing that i find about him in his various columns is he always slags the Shinners then the DUP, thus not being accused of being biased or heaven forbid actually have a political leaning.

behind the wire

He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Donagh

Looks like we're all about to get the Craigavon education system (Dixon Plan).

Lecale2

How come Craigavon has a different education system from the rest of the north?

Donagh

The new city required a radical new system of education to cope with the expected large influx of people.

Chrisowc

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 04, 2007, 09:12:12 AM

Is he an ex-poster Sam? The thing that i find about him in his various columns is he always slags the Shinners then the DUP, thus not being accused of being biased or heaven forbid actually have a political leaning.

You do know you can have a political leaning between extremes?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Zapatista

Quote from: Chrisowc on December 04, 2007, 10:36:41 AM

They are hardly extreme.

SeanSouth

Sorry i should have elaborated, every party usually gets a touch. In conclusion, i think he is a p*ick.

Chrisowc

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 04, 2007, 10:40:41 AM

Sorry i should have elaborated, every party usually gets a touch. In conclusion, i think he is a p*ick.

Fair enough ;D
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

lurganblue

i watched this show last night too. at the end of it the first thing i thought was...
is that it? why didnt they go on to show what it is really like now?
lets be fair lads... the vast majority of it is a dump. no point painting a rosie picture!

Donagh

Quote from: lurganblue on December 04, 2007, 10:50:35 AM
i watched this show last night too. at the end of it the first thing i thought was...
is that it? why didnt they go on to show what it is really like now?
lets be fair lads... the vast majority of it is a dump. no point painting a rosie picture!

I think the point was to show the lost city, i.e. the one that was meant to be, as opposed to the one we were left with.