Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culchy1

hi slim dont tar me way the same brush as that jj eejit!
i know who ur on about.
anything i said bout him was tongue firmly in cheek.
im sure the big man was wile worried bout what somebody like me was sayin anyhow.
id say jj is a current county panellist there a couple of them floatin about here.

SlimShady

bein a county panellist means f**k all really if yer slabberin about other men on the panel or men that should be! but no, he was only askin about who you were.

that reserve final isnt on this weekend, I'd say it will be played next Saturday, possibly at our place.

clubs dont want anyone on their pitch at this time of year but as theres 2 games on ours on Sunday I'd imagine we'll probably get that reserve final.

culchy1

its black eye friday next week, it'll be some craic on sat if its on!
wud it be on ur new pitch up the back.

what r the johnnies like slim!
our team will be the same that played yous in mccormick cup
minus 1 player a half back.

SlimShady

i only watched the Johnnies once and that was against us in the semi-final. The're a good team with a lot of young players and a couple of old heads too- Locky McCurdy, Donal Kennedy and their keeper-all with SFC medals under their belt.

they have that same old Johnnies style about them though-if they are getting it tight, then start a fight. that happened us and with a load of cubs on our team we didnt need it, got a man sent off and they won by 2 i think.

you'll get it tight, very tight.

Cromagh

Kevin O Boyle is a gud young player but Slim - he was by no means your best player. I thought decent clubs didnt hand out them awards!! ;D

Are you telling me that if he had of got injured you wouldnt have won the championship

SlimShady

where did i say that Cromagh?

he's a great player and would get on any club team in Ulster-FACT!

culchy1

whats the predictions for the u21 final?

probably be tight with the conditions bein a factor.

not long til mckenna cup lads, how will antrim cope without their students,
are there many?

Blacksheep

What has this to do with Armagh Harps??   ::) ADMIN!
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

slow corner back

I reckon Bredagh hurlers would be welcome in the Antrim leagues, sure havent the half of them played for Antrim clubs already, although many years ago in most cases!!!!

Cromagh

Slim

You are getting carried away with yourself! Yes hes a good player but a bit light to be included in every team

Ballinderry - McGuckian, McOscar, Crozier/Wilson - dont think so
bELLAGHY - mCgOLDRICK, O'Neill, Doherty/McShane

St Galls - McRory, Brady, McLean

Cross - Bellew, Kernan, Hughes

Are you telling me Slim that he would get on any of the above - well if he would why the hell has Jody Gormley not picked him for the county - oh thats right he wouldnt know anythinh.

So Slim dont get carried away - Hes a good wee player that had a decent year. A bit early to be making sweeping statements about him -time enough in 3/4 years before you could make a decent judgement - that is if you could actually make one ;D

SlimShady

Ah Cromagh, you have shown yourself up on this site yet again.

If you knew anything about what you're talking about then you'd know that Kevin O'Boyle is on the Antrim panel,  :D ;D

what a stupid jabrone you are  :D

he played in the friendly last week for St Marys against Antrim and starred!!

stick to what you know Cromagh- not much  :D

Cromagh

Stand corrected Slim >:(

But still stick with my point - he wudnt get on every team in Ulster

johnjoe

Cromagh, who is Mc Rory of St galls?

Kevin O Boyle is a class act, and will play county football for years. Best man to man marker around, support play  O Boyle is just another of the top class Antrim footballers that will match Derry at any age group. Remember there was nothing at all between our minor or u-21 sides last year,and our second team gave youse all you wanted at Maghera in the mc Kenna cup. I know that Antrim football does respect and fear some counties, but we have no fear whatsoever of playing a grossly overrated and arrogant county like Derry.

Bring on June, I cant wait to get a kick at youse!

imtommygunn

McRory is the St Galls midfielder - right?? Mark. Hatrdly a good comparison as he is a midfielder.

Kevin O'Boyle is a tidy wee corner back and there's not too many in Antrim. He'd be needing a few eggs in the morning before making a good county footballer but he's young yet.

Unfortunately it's no coincidence that a lot of the good young footballers in antrim were schooled in derry. O'Boyle, Crozier, Michael McCann and you could go back to further years for Rony Hamill, Kevin Brady. Some would argue Owen Doherty though I wouldn't meself...

I think some of them other Cargin seniors went there too.

It would leads you to ask if our underage coaching is good enough. The unfortunate answer is - probably not.

Edited - add madden to that list.

hightower

any word off u21 final result