TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

The equaliser with queen Latifah as the equaliser :o

(Denzel was great and arguably better than Woodward but latifah certainly is not)

screenexile

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 26, 2021, 07:53:32 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 24, 2021, 09:12:07 PM
Agree. Wider scope of characters for sure.

The subtleties of eg Gareths faces while Brent sings and as you say Jim and Dwight had some great interactions. Loved big Kevin (and the scotch egg eating Keith) Stanley was a ledge, big Darryls last episode where they did the song and dance could be watched again and again too.

Would rewatch US Office anytime. Big time commitment tho. UK Office has already been watched several times 😊

US Office has restarted this week on sky showcase/comedy. Its almost as if i was meant to rewatch.

On another note ill add Jimmy Carr to my list of stars i refuse to watch.

Wifey is watching The Missing on iplayer, Jimmy Nesbitt one. Any good? Im just watching bits of it..

Im rambling i know 😎

The Missing is tripe!

quit yo jibbajabba

Shes 4 episodes in Screen i may let her find this out for herself 😃😉

screenexile

Kin was very average. Aidan Gillen ruined it for me with the constant overacting meh.

After seeing it high up on the top 100 list a few pages back I started watching the Leftovers?

It's pretty bonkers and the first season is a bit of a slog but the second season is a brilliant bit of TV right up there with anything I've seen. Started season 3 last night I hope it's as good.

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2021, 12:59:51 PM
Kin was very average. Aidan Gillen ruined it for me with the constant overacting meh.

After seeing it high up on the top 100 list a few pages back I started watching the Leftovers?

It's pretty bonkers and the first season is a bit of a slog but the second season is a brilliant bit of TV right up there with anything I've seen. Started season 3 last night I hope it's as good.
How about skipping the first season and just starting with the second season, would anthing of note be missed?

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on October 29, 2021, 02:41:47 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2021, 12:59:51 PM

How about skipping the first season and just starting with the second season, would anthing of note be missed?

Yeah probably it's a fairly complicated story and can throw you down a few different roads before leading you back to where you should be so you would definitely need season 1 under your belt before tackling the 2nd season.

The first season isn't terrible it's watchable just not as good as the second season.

nrico2006

Gillen was terrible in Kin.  I liked it due to it being set in Ireland but it wasn't anything special to be honest.

I watched The Leftovers when it was on and although it was a bit nuts, I still thought it was very good.  Theroux was brilliant in it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Thought Kin was average enough too but I don't think I'm giving a spoiler by saying the finale opened the prospect of it getting interesting going forward?

Harold Disgracey

A very Godfatheresque finish to Kin.

armaghniac

Women's lib, they are taking over.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: armaghniac on October 31, 2021, 11:29:39 PM

Thought it twas a good ending. Now youve hilighted this it was crap and im havin nahin more to do with it. snakes with tits the lotta them

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 31, 2021, 11:52:25 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 31, 2021, 11:29:39 PM

Thought it twas a good ending. Now youve hilighted this it was crap and im havin nahin more to do with it. snakes with tits the lotta them

Ya it was good and leaves scope for more series as someone has said. But jaysus it wasnt half the drama of the Antrim cship semis today 😃😉

toby47

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 29, 2021, 04:20:24 PM
Gillen was terrible in Kin.  I liked it due to it being set in Ireland but it wasn't anything special to be honest.

I watched The Leftovers when it was on and although it was a bit nuts, I still thought it was very good.  Theroux was brilliant in it.

Has Gillen ever been good in anything? (and he has been is some brilliant shows)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: toby47 on November 01, 2021, 08:24:27 AM
Thoughts on the Kin finale?
Haven't seen it yet but I'm sure nrico2006 will be along shortly with plenty of spoilers.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.