TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

And dont get me started on his old woman fetish 😃😃

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 02, 2021, 06:34:49 PM
And dont get me started on his old woman fetish 😃😃
Don't be telling me you wouldnt have a rattle at Gerri yourself. Just me?!  ;)

quit yo jibbajabba

I never thought of her that way till young Culkin did Tony

Now, if i speak i am in trouble 😉😉😃

laoislad

Just finished the last episode of Kin there tonight , I didn't think it was that bad at all.
Good series overall I thought.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lenny

Quote from: laoislad on November 02, 2021, 09:53:29 PM
Just finished the last episode of Kin there tonight , I didn't think it was that bad at all.
Good series overall I thought.

Liked it also, really good ending too.

Hound

I also thought Kin was good and I really enjoyed it. 
Acting by most of the kids wasn't great alright, but the main cast were very good. 
Don't at all get the hate on Gillen, he always plays unlikeable fookers, so maybe that brings an inherent bias, but I thought he played the part of weak leader really well. The meeting with his brother really put what he'd been doing before into perspective.

JPGJOHNNYG

Just watched season 3 of sex education. WTF has happened to that show. Season 1 was great, fun, fresh. Interesting concept of Otis and Maeve offering advice to their fellow pupils with their various problems, some funny some serious. The latest season has been dung. Most of the likeable characters have become pretty horrible. With the exception of Adam, his dad and the Swedish guy you would have zero empathy for the rest. The new characters seem to have been added to tick a box and then crowbarred in to an already terrible script. Please no season 4. I guess the one positive is the kids have already been in final yr of school for 3 seasons so realistically they can't drag it on for much longer

lurganblue

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 03, 2021, 08:57:01 AM
Just watched season 3 of sex education. WTF has happened to that show. Season 1 was great, fun, fresh. Interesting concept of Otis and Maeve offering advice to their fellow pupils with their various problems, some funny some serious. The latest season has been dung. Most of the likeable characters have become pretty horrible. With the exception of Adam, his dad and the Swedish guy you would have zero empathy for the rest. The new characters seem to have been added to tick a box and then crowbarred in to an already terrible script. Please no season 4. I guess the one positive is the kids have already been in final yr of school for 3 seasons so realistically they can't drag it on for much longer

I was thinking that during the last series myself.  Surely it was time to start introducing new characters if they planned to carry the series on.

tbrick18

Been watching Locke and Key with the kids on Netflix.
Good show.

Milltown Row2

Watching Vikings on Prime, enjoying it so far on season two, wife hates it, which makes watching it easier
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2021, 12:31:13 PM
Watching Vikings on Prime, enjoying it so far on season two, wife hates it, which makes watching it easier

First few seasons were brilliant.
It got a bit too long drawn out towards the end as a lot of these shows do.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 03, 2021, 01:38:01 PM

Yeah I can imagine, will probably wean off it when it goes down that road, very like The Last Kingdom for obvious reasons, which I also enjoyed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 03, 2021, 11:23:19 AM
Good show.

What age are your kids? Is it suitable for a 13 year old?

tbrick18

Quote from: dec on November 03, 2021, 02:01:39 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on November 03, 2021, 11:23:19 AM
Good show.

What age are your kids? Is it suitable for a 13 year old?

I'm watching it with a 13 and 14 year old.
I think it's rated 15, but there's no real graphic content. It is a bit "scary" I guess so depends on the 13 year old.

Hound

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 03, 2021, 01:38:01 PM

Agree with that, but I think it got good again in Season 5.
Well, without giving away any spoilers, there is part of the story (maybe 10-20%) which is in Iceland - and that's absolute garbage, but the rest is really good.
I'll be starting the final Season 6 shortly.