TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: JoG2 on October 22, 2021, 01:01:07 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 22, 2021, 12:57:28 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2021, 11:48:47 AM
Ah jaysus, Will Ferrell? I've never found anything he's ever done in any way funny.

Robin Williams the same. He always reminded me of a child sugared up to the tits on sweets, who should be hit a slap in the bake and told to sit the f**k down.

Good Will Hunting?? A masterpiece

And Doubtfire!

His performance in one hour photo was good also.

On the topic of TV Show recommendations, 2 episodes in Chucky looks decent so far.

Jeepers Creepers

Wasn't fussed on Robin Williams off screen (interviews) but enjoyed most of his films.

Jonkunlon

Kin has really found it's feet now. It's very addictive viewing at this stage. Pace of the show has really picked up. Highly recommended.

Rudi

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on October 22, 2021, 02:44:08 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2021, 02:23:10 PM
Ah jaysus, Will Ferrell? I've never found anything he's ever done in any way funny.

Robin Williams the same. He always reminded me of a child sugared up to the tits on sweets, who should be hit a slap in the bake and told to sit the f**k down.

And Doubtfire!

Doubtfire is fine. Because it's not him being him. You can sort of pretend it really is an aul doll. When he stops the stupid voices and dicking about, I could get through some of his stuff but I tend to avoid him if I can.

Never seen Hunting. Sounds very tedious.

Good Will Hunting he is brilliant, shows he can actually act a bit. 

Anyone watching Maid on Netflix? Surprised me how good it actually is.

Yip Maid is good, yer one cant catch a break, based on a true story.

JimStynes

Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2021, 02:19:07 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 22, 2021, 01:02:26 PM

None of Will Ferrell's stuff gave you any sort of laugh at all? Tough crowd

Not a titter. Screaming random shite at the top of your voice is not my idea of funny.

Old School, wedding crashers, other guys, step brothers, blades of glory, anchorman and I'm sure a few others I've forgotten are funny movies. What movies do you find funny?

nrico2006

I loved Good Will Hunting but that had nothing to do with Robin Williams. 

As for Will Ferrell, most of his stuff is overrated especially Anchorman.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Kin spoiler - The beardy lads auld fella has a beard too!!!

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on October 22, 2021, 11:23:43 PM
Kin spoiler - The beardy lads auld fella has a beard too!!!

Great cameo thought he was class!

Main Street

Quote from: Rudi on October 22, 2021, 09:37:30 PM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on October 22, 2021, 02:44:08 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2021, 02:23:10 PM

And Doubtfire!

Doubtfire is fine. Because it's not him being him. You can sort of pretend it really is an aul doll. When he stops the stupid voices and dicking about, I could get through some of his stuff but I tend to avoid him if I can.

Never seen Hunting. Sounds very tedious.

Good Will Hunting he is brilliant, shows he can actually act a bit. 

Anyone watching Maid on Netflix? Surprised me how good it actually is.

Yip Maid is good, yer one cant catch a break, based on a true story.
A message to those who don't get Robin Williams,  that's not a Robin William's issue.
Maid will stroll the tv drama awards, it has a superbly talented cast, the maid/young mom  is luscious in every scene she's in (artistically speaking), so good she reminds me of Paula Beer.

quit yo jibbajabba

Yeah ive had a few. Yeah we maybe goin over old ground. But if theres a better single episode of comedy than The Office -Training Day (s1 ep4) i wanna hear it. If you disagree fight me in the chapel carpark tomoro morn after mass

*Honourable mention to Fr Teds "Aiiiiiiii dont beeeeleeeeve it" episode 😉

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 24, 2021, 01:01:58 AM
Yeah ive had a few. Yeah we maybe goin over old ground. But if theres a better single episode of comedy than The Office -Training Day (s1 ep4) i wanna hear it. If you disagree fight me in the chapel carpark tomoro morn after mass

Hopefully you'll be saying this later on today  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Dont even know what yer on about 😉😉

imtommygunn

Quote from: JimStynes on October 22, 2021, 09:49:32 PM

Not a titter. Screaming random shite at the top of your voice is not my idea of funny.

Old School, wedding crashers, other guys, step brothers, blades of glory, anchorman and I'm sure a few others I've forgotten are funny movies. What movies do you find funny?

I like quite a few of those but I really do not like anchorman. I just don't find it funny.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 24, 2021, 12:01:33 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 22, 2021, 09:49:32 PM

I like quite a few of those but I really do not like anchorman. I just don't find it funny.

Elf is a classic  ;D

Jonkunlon

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 24, 2021, 01:01:58 AM

British The Office?