China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Adobe is cancelling its annual Summit in Vegas. That's a big deal.

I wonder how many other conferences are gonna be cancelled. Think of the flights not taken, hotel rooms sitting empty, restaurants getting less business.

The economy is going to crash and burn.

armaghniac

Quote from: Will it ever end on January 24, 2020, 08:39:08 PM
Are we genuinely living in a world that believes China will build a hospital in 10 days! The mind boggles!

This hospital has now been closed as it is no longer needed.

Quote from: BennyCake on March 02, 2020, 11:35:31 PM
So, flights cancelled by some airlines due to low demand. Funny they didn't cancel them 2 weeks ago.

Was there less demand 2 weeks ago?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AFM

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 02, 2020, 10:12:39 PM
Quote from: AFM on March 02, 2020, 09:53:59 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 02, 2020, 09:09:38 PM
"Another bore-feast whose attitude would quickly change if God Forbid it came home to roast in their world.   No one know the full effect of this of how it will mutate why is it is so wrong to take precautions in an era when the world is now a much smaller place and we are all in effect in it together!"

Forgive me, but I simply can't understand any of that.

It's ok, ask an adult.

Preferably one who can construct a semi intelligent sentence or 2, perhaps?

Sounds like you are in lumber then!

AFM

Quote from: BennyCake on March 02, 2020, 11:35:31 PM
So, flights cancelled by some airlines due to low demand. Funny they didn't cancel them 2 weeks ago.

Good to know they have the publics interests at heart!

Yes so if you are flying on Ryanair to Italy they can cancel your flight but if you are flying on Ryanair to Italy and don't want it now due to the outbreak, you have no legal right to cancel, you have to love big business.  Can someone please break this down for playwiththewind1st, he can't read and has no access to an adult who can help him, thanks in advance!

lurganblue

The panic has fairly set in among the people in our office (mostly the women).  "We need to get signs up!"  "Hand sanitizers!!!! Quick."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on March 03, 2020, 09:10:33 AM
The panic has fairly set in among the people in our office (mostly the women).  "We need to get signs up!"  "Hand sanitizers!!!! Quick."

I've tried not touching my face today, apparently you touch your face 30 times in an hour, very difficult to do. I deal with the highest  risk people so I've been wiping surfaces more often than normal. At this rate though I'll run out of sanitizerz and wipes!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Not helped by the attitude of some people who sound like they actually would like this to be the end of days.

AFM

Jarleth is getting some stick from his letter to parents in St Pauls.

AFM

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 03, 2020, 09:29:01 AM

Not helped by the attitude of some people who sound like they actually would like this to be the end of days.

Or folk who would happily put others at risk with the attitude, I am alright stuff the rest of you.

highorlow

Looking at the latest graph's on this it has flatlined in China and looks to be flatlining elsewhere also. Today's numbers in Italy, France, Germany and Spain should tell a tale. Likely 2 versions of the virus knocking around. We are lucky that when it arrived here we have a cold snap with frost at night, that will stop the spread. 60% recovery rate so far and more and more each day.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: highorlow on March 03, 2020, 11:02:18 AM
Looking at the latest graph's on this it has flatlined in China and looks to be flatlining elsewhere also.

WHAT?!?!

Did The Donald draw your graphs?

Just the 9% increase in numbers outside of China yesterday.

Which is admittedly better than the 21% increase on Sunday, but 1 day is not a trend.

(China has seemed to have plateaued, just a 0.25% increase yesterday - but bear in mind the draconian measures they have taken which is restricting the spread.
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

Looking at the latest graph's on this it has flatlined in China and looks to be flatlining elsewhere also. Today's numbers in Italy, France, Germany and Spain should tell a tale. Likely 2 versions of the virus knocking around. We are lucky that when it arrived here we have a cold snap with frost at night, that will stop the spread. 60% recovery rate so far and more and more each day.

So there is no frost at night in Korea?
How could a night's frost stop it when people are in buildings.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highorlow

QuoteWHAT?!?!

Did The Donald draw your graphs?

Just the 9% increase in numbers outside of China yesterday.

Which is admittedly better than the 21% increase on Sunday, but 1 day is not a trend.

(China has seemed to have plateaued, just a 0.25% increase yesterday - but bear in mind the draconian measures they have taken which is restricting the spread.

Rhetorical, I take it.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

AFM

You should submit your findings to WHO and get someone to teach you maths.  You and getoverthebar will be saying next I can walk why all these ramps into buildings - ridiculous!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: AFM on March 03, 2020, 12:24:59 PM

You should submit your findings to WHO and get someone to teach you maths.  You and getoverthebar will be saying next I can walk why all these ramps into buildings - ridiculous!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

We may get someone to teach you English and basic sentence construction while we are at it so.

You sound like you are truly consumed by this all and it's really worrying you. Which is fair enough, but your inability to even accept others may not be too worried about it and will continue about their day to day lives is truly baffling. Not everyone wants to buy into the doom and gloom, nor do they want to be abused by someone who wants to force feed (unsubstantiated) end of days stuff to us. I have more to be optimistic about in life.