TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Taylor on September 21, 2021, 08:22:53 AM
Stumbled upon something on BBC last night that I wish I hadnt.

Something about Tyrone - jesus christ  :o

The BBC are scraping the barrel of that's considered entertainment

Silver hill

Quote from: StPatsAbu on September 21, 2021, 09:31:58 AM

The BBC are scraping the barrel of that's considered entertainment

Unbelievable how something like that gets commissioned. It must be something to do with having a pot of money that BBCNI have to spend every year on 'home grown'  programmes. If that is the case, then wouldn't like to see the ones that were rejected. This isn't the first either, was it Soft Border Patrol a few years back.... About as funny as a kick in the stones.

nrico2006

Liked Kin so far but Gillen is seriously miscast in that role and the fella who plays Jimmy is also a poor choice for that role. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 21, 2021, 11:16:24 AM
Liked Kin so far but Gillen is seriously miscast in that role and the fella who plays Jimmy is also a poor choice for that role.

Never got the hype about Gillen not a fan at all have never thought he was good. Even Littlefinger a role which actually suited his style I still couldn't get over the voice he used!

BennyCake

Aye those Tyronies are a rare breed alright  ;D

Taylor

Quote from: BennyCake on September 21, 2021, 12:05:39 PM

Aye those Tyronies are a rare breed alright  ;D

I suppose we cant have it all Benny  ;)

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on September 16, 2021, 11:11:22 PM
Powerful stuff on Channel 4 there brilliantly acted harrowing tale of a Care home during the pandemic.

Well worth a watch!!

Aye this was a difficult watch. The wife was in tears very early on.  I didnt like the direction it took at the end but sure, cant have everything.

What was the craic with that show on BBC One Hundred Years of Union and Paddy Kielty applauding at a bonfire as the tricolour burned? I know he said after it that he didnt agree with the burning of the flag but why stand and applaud?

Milltown Row2

Would you applaud the burning of the Union Jack? Or have done in the past?

As for the show Help, that scene her on her own at night in the place was horrible.

Though I liked the way she brought the killing Eve character in for a split second when driving off with Tony
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

The point is more that he clearly disagrees with it but applauded it at the same time.  Can only assume he felt pressure in the situation.

Boycey

Quote from: toby47 on September 20, 2021, 03:47:17 PM
Has anyone watched the first 2 episodes of 'Kin'

What's the thoughts?

Quite enjoyed the 1st episode but thought the 2nd drifted off into same old clichéd territory and as someone else said what's the story with the fecking beards...

armaghniac

Quote from: Boycey on September 21, 2021, 09:55:54 PM
Quite enjoyed the 1st episode but thought the 2nd drifted off into same old clichéd territory and as someone else said what's the story with the fecking beards...

Probably inspired by other evil beard groups, like the Taliban or Tyrone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Is there a difference between Taliban and Tyrone?   (hypothetical  Q !!)

I didn't take to Raw and I won't watch this incarnate. I don't mind Gillen, he's done well ever since he got that part in The Wire s.5 (Carcetti?) but with him as a cliched gurrier, I tend to yawn.

nrico2006

Watched that North Water at the weekend, was very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J70

I liked the Michael Schumacher documentary on Netflix that was made with his family and various drivers and other protagonists from his career.

From the ending, it would seem he's never recovered much of his capabilities following the skiing accident.

Aside from the sadness of how he ended up, its an enjoyable watch and a great trip down memory lane, at least for me, for a period when I loved Formula 1. Lost touch with it after I moved to the states and Schumacher left Ferrari.

Although it does gloss over, slightly, what a single-minded, arrogant p***k Schumacher seemed to be at times. :)

toby47

Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2021, 07:12:02 PM
I liked the Michael Schumacher documentary on Netflix that was made with his family and various drivers and other protagonists from his career.

From the ending, it would seem he's never recovered much of his capabilities following the skiing accident.

Aside from the sadness of how he ended up, its an enjoyable watch and a great trip down memory lane, at least for me, for a period when I loved Formula 1. Lost touch with it after I moved to the states and Schumacher left Ferrari.

Although it does gloss over, slightly, what a single-minded, arrogant p***k Schumacher seemed to be at times. :)

A familiar trait a lot of the all time greats share.

Must give it a watch. Just a 1 off documentary?