mod3

Started by ziggysego, February 11, 2008, 09:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Go anywhere nice for the weekend?
Testing Accessibility

Gaaboardmod3

It was lovely. Apart from getting reported posts, PMs and emails on my blackberry when I'm out for a meal with family.  It's fairly sad when you can't even leave your PC at home for fear of world war 3 breaking out.

At least mod1 was here to keep order.

maddog

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 11, 2008, 10:04:01 AM
It was lovely. Apart from getting reported posts, PMs and emails on my blackberry when I'm out for a meal with family.  It's fairly sad when you can't even leave your PC at home for fear of world war 3 breaking out.

What were you doing with the phone on when out for a feed. Switch it off.

Gaaboardmod3

Because the little fella is being minded by his granny, and I need the phone on in case she needs to ask a question. Thanks for the advice though :D

his holiness nb

Why do you do it?

Dont get me wrong I think the site is great, but to be a Mod, you must be a little nuts?  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 11, 2008, 10:16:35 AM

Why do you do it?

Dont get me wrong I think the site is great, but to be a Mod, you must be a little nuts?  ;)

It sounds unbelievably corny, but I do it because I genuinely really like the GAABoard, and I remember it when none of this rubbish went on. Of course there was slagging, and banter, but very rarely any of this feud crap, or gratuitous nasty abuse between posters. It's not that long ago either.

I want to try and help the board be a place where lads can come, have a decent chat about a whole host of things, with like minded individuals and enjoy it. The pub analogy has been used before, and I agree with it. It's like a virtual local, and I think we have to make sure that the local isn't overrun by people who want to come in and throw glasses.

I enjoy the board, and I enjoy reading and posting on it. I want that to continue for as long as possible.

That's why I do it.

Plus, I'm nuts.

maddog

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 11, 2008, 10:12:42 AM
Because the little fella is being minded by his granny, and I need the phone on in case she needs to ask a question. Thanks for the advice though :D

Any time.
What did we all do before mobiles and blackberries i wonder?

Red Sky

Quote from: maddog on February 11, 2008, 10:26:38 AM

Any time.

Granny probably called on the experiences she had when bringing her own kids up, bet it all worked out ok.

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: Red Sky on February 11, 2008, 10:28:49 AM
Quote from: maddog on February 11, 2008, 10:26:38 AM

Any time.

Granny probably called on the experiences she had when bringing her own kids up, bet it all worked out ok.

That would be me. Whether it all worked out okay is a matter of conjecture. :D

Gnevin

Can't she just report the fella and which rule she believes he broke like the rest of us?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Zapatista

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 11, 2008, 10:21:08 AM

Plus, I'm nuts.

Gaaboarbmod is an anagram for - Go mad abroad :o

Is that what happened on your holidays?

brokencrossbar1

Hopefully your break put you in better form so that you won't be unleasing your ire on poor innocent bystanders this week ;)

Minder

I picked a pile of wild blackberries one summer and had the skitter for two days.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Zapatista

Quote from: Minder on February 11, 2008, 12:47:55 PM
I picked a pile of wild blackberries one summer and had the skitter for two days.

Yer suppose to eat them not stick them up yer arse.

Minder

Quote from: Zapatista on February 11, 2008, 12:50:38 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 11, 2008, 12:47:55 PM

Yer suppose to eat them not stick them up yer arse.

No it was the summer before i stuck them up my ring
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"