Top 10 movies quotes of all time

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, February 08, 2008, 09:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Well, it's that time of year again, with them Oscars on the horizon, and the American Film Institute have announced their Top 100 movie quotes of all time; here's the top 10 I got from the press this morning.  What do you think, or any that should have been right up there?

1   "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."   Rhett Butler   Clark Gable   Gone with the Wind   1939
2   "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."[2]   Vito Corleone   Marlon Brando   The Godfather   1972
3   "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."[3]   Terry Malloy   Marlon Brando   On the Waterfront   1954
4   "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."   Dorothy Gale   Judy Garland   The Wizard of Oz   1939
5   "Here's looking at you, kid."   Rick Blaine   Humphrey Bogart   Casablanca   1942
6   "Go ahead, make my day."   Harry Callahan   Clint Eastwood   Sudden Impact   1983
7   "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."[4]   Norma Desmond   Gloria Swanson   Sunset Boulevard   1950
8   "May the Force be with you."   Han Solo   Harrison Ford   Star Wars   1977
9   "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."   Margo Channing   Bette Davis   All About Eve   1950
10   "You talkin' to me?"   Travis Bickle   Robert De Niro   Taxi Driver   1976
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Minder

"Wax on, wax off" - Mr Miyagi - Karate Kid
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

illdecide

Don't get yourself into anything that you can't walk away from in 60 seconds when the heat is around the corner.   (Robert De Niro in the film "Heat")
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

downredblack

"and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!"  Braveheart

Minder

[Harry Callahan has to explain why he shot a man]
Harry Callahan: Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.
The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
[walks out of the room]
The Mayor: He's got a point.

5 Sams

"Wow is this the same car, it looks totally different". "Yeah its amazing". "Ok gentlemen lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet"

Mr Winston Wolf, Pulp Fiction ...
The Aristocrat Years

his holiness nb

"Yo Adrian, we did it!" Sylvester Stallone - Rocky

"say hello to my little freind" Al Pacino - Scarface

"funny how, funny like a clown?" Joe Peschi - Goodfellas
Ask me holy bollix

el_cuervo_fc

nrico2006

Rocky IV at the bottom of the stairas before the tunnel cruise:

Adrian - 'You can't win!'

T2 - 'Hasta la Vista, baby'

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

'What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here. I hired you boys to get some track laid, not jump about like a bunch of Kansas City faggots'
Taggart to Lyle, Blazing Saddles.

'What did you expect? Welcome Sheriff? Marry my daughter? You've got to remember, these are simple folk. The common clay of the new west. You know... morons'
Jim to Sheriff Bart, Blazing Saddles.

Taggart - 'I gottit, I gottit, we'll work up a number 6 on 'em'.
Lamarr - 'A number 6? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one?'.
Taggart - 'That's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whoppin' and a-whompin' every livin' thing to within an inch of it's life. 'Cept the women folks o'course'.
Lararr - 'You spare the women?'
Taggart - 'Nope, we rape the sh1t outta them at the Number 6 dance afterwards'.
Again, Blazing Saddles. I like Blaxing Saddles ;D

RONAN

"lets startin buildin sum hurtin bombs", Rocky Balboa, had me poundin the head of my mate in the Cinema!!!

Minder

"That uppity nigger went and hit me on the head with a shovel. I'd sure appreciate it sir, if you could find it in your heart to hang him up by his neck until he was dead."
-Taggart, Blazing Saddles

Drumanee 1

scarface "say hello to my little friend"

stpauls

Holden: If the buzz is any indicator, that movie's gonna make some huge bank.
Jay: What buzz?
Holden: The Internet buzz.
Jay: What the f**k is the Internet?

Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back, love that movie!

Stagmeister

'Yippee-Kay-Aye MotherF*cker' John McClane Bruce Willis Die Hard

'Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead' Butch Bruce Willis Pulp Fiction

'I love you Dad' (its the way he says it) Frank The Tank Will Ferrell Old School