David McKeown

Quote from: longballin on April 23, 2018, 04:40:19 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 23, 2018, 01:07:20 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2018, 11:16:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2018, 11:09:11 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2018, 10:51:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2018, 09:50:53 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 22, 2018, 09:36:17 PM
The video of that young girl being attacked in Bangor. Horrible.

f**king rotten!! Women should be done for attempted murder.. hopefully the mob get them and Alison Morris has a campaign on it through the Irish news

so should the 'men' who were encouraging it

Anyone involved, but let's not get clouded here, both girls tried to kill her

and girl charged with GBH and got bail. Joke of a justice system

They were all refused bail I thought

Got police bail and court this morning remanded them.

So I'm reading. As I say I didn't hear that mentioned today but then again I wasn't particularly paying attention.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2018, 04:26:43 PM
"Protesters" attempting to storm a children's hospital.
These people would generally be found in a Jeremy Kyle audience. Vermin.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2018, 05:02:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2018, 04:26:43 PM
"Protesters" attempting to storm a children's hospital.
These people would generally be found in a Jeremy Kyle audience. Vermin.

Don't think the parents are helping matters in this case
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

The parents are within their rights to fight tooth and nail for their child but at some point some sense needs to kick in. I take it the taxpayer is bankrolling all of this.

TabClear

Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2018, 03:38:18 PM
Quote from: TabClear on April 23, 2018, 03:22:47 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2018, 01:54:02 PM
Irish bond yields up to duration 4 years are negative
You buy a bond and you get less back. You could just burn the money

https://www.investing.com/rates-bonds/ireland-government-bonds

There still are benefits for certain investors. I read somewhere up to 30% of the global government bond market is trading on a negative yield. Is pretty counter-intuitive though
You are still losing money.

NOt necessarily, you could be potentially betting on a forex movement to more than address the negative yield putting you in profit. Or alternatively you could be closing out a larger loss elsewhere e.g you have to put the money somewhere and you think equities will drop by 10% over the same period, hence a 1% loss on a government backed bond is the best option.

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2018, 05:25:13 PM
The parents are within their rights to fight tooth and nail for their child but at some point some sense needs to kick in. I take it the taxpayer is bankrolling all of this.

Of course they are, but they have no right to suggest staff at the hospital intend to murder their son or invite people to come down to the hospital and disrupt it.

seafoid

Quote from: TabClear on April 23, 2018, 05:26:33 PM

There still are benefits for certain investors. I read somewhere up to 30% of the global government bond market is trading on a negative yield. Is pretty counter-intuitive though

NOt necessarily, you could be potentially betting on a forex movement to more than address the negative yield putting you in profit. Or alternatively you could be closing out a larger loss elsewhere e.g you have to put the money somewhere and you think equities will drop by 10% over the same period, hence a 1% loss on a government backed bond is the best option.
If you invest 100 and get 99 back you are losing money. It doesn't matter what happens in equities.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2018, 05:28:59 PM

Of course they are, but they have no right to suggest staff at the hospital intend to murder their son or invite people to come down to the hospital and disrupt it.
100. Apparently people on the "Alfie's Army" Facebook page were asking people to set off fire alarms in the hospital.  >:( Evacuating a hospital whilst people are in theatre or critical care seems like a sensible thing to do! 

TabClear

Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2018, 05:43:15 PM

If you invest 100 and get 99 back you are losing money. It doesn't matter what happens in equities.

The first example I gave is a scenario where you could be up money despite a negative yield. Lets say you are a € investor and you buy $100 of bonds and the forex rate when you bought meant it cost you €100. Bond matures with a negative yield and you get back $99. , However  the forex curve has moved so your $99 is now worth €105 therefore you have made money.

The second one was an example of why investors purchase these bonds irrespective of whether they expect to make a loss, i.e. they  get back less than they put in but the alternative was a larger loss. In my mind you up money on where you would have been had you not bought the negative yield bond albeit down on your original position.

seafoid

Quote from: TabClear on April 23, 2018, 06:13:14 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2018, 05:43:15 PM

The first example I gave is a scenario where you could be up money despite a negative yield. Lets say you are a € investor and you buy $100 of bonds and the forex rate when you bought meant it cost you €100. Bond matures with a negative yield and you get back $99. , However  the forex curve has moved so your $99 is now worth €105 therefore you have made money.

The second one was an example of why investors purchase these bonds irrespective of whether they expect to make a loss, i.e. they  get back less than they put in but the alternative was a larger loss. In my mind you up money on where you would have been had you not bought the negative yield bond albeit down on your original position.

The net present value of a payment of 100 in 4 years priced off Irish bonds is greater than 100.
That is insane. A biRd in the bush is worth more than in the hand.

Currency might change the deal but currencies can fall as well as rise
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

David McKeown

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2018, 12:09:04 PM
Watched the video last night - don't know how this one goes down as GBH with intent. More like attempted murder to be honest.

I have just seen the video and it's Definitely not attempted murder. Depending on the injuries it may not even be a GBH although I'd expect at least an attempted GBH. Vile and reprehensible
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: David McKeown on April 23, 2018, 07:23:57 PM
Watched the video last night - don't know how this one goes down as GBH with intent. More like attempted murder to be honest.

I have just seen the video and it's Definitely not attempted murder. Depending on the injuries it may not even be a GBH although I'd expect at least an attempted GBH. Vile and reprehensible

It was one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a while. To think that someone actually recorded it. People can be reprehensible. I hope these people get the full force of the highest end of whatever tariff in the event of conviction. Dreadful behaviour 

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2018, 05:28:59 PM

The father has now doubled down on his comments about murder.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: David McKeown on April 23, 2018, 07:23:57 PM

How is it not attempted murder? Repeated pounding of the head against concrete? That happened at least twice. A couple of hundred punches to the head? Holding her head under the water in a fountain when she tried to escape? Sorry, but that girl would be dead by now if she didn't get away when she did.

Boycey

That video of that wee girl really annoyed me today...

Between that and the fcukwits at the hospital I'm despairing for the human race at this stage...