Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on February 10, 2008, 06:03:43 PM
just a special word for Wes brown who played today and his father passed away during the week fair play to him must have been hard

Never heard that either. Must have been impossible amid all the extra emotion of the day too.

Terrible result, but totally deserved. Still far too short of options up front, could have done with Henrik today.
At least Pool and Chelsea drew. Need Blackburn to hold the Gooners now, not holding out much hope.
Totally agree with Ronaldo sentiments. Never ever proved himself when it really matters, but he's young and that should come with experience.

whyarerefssobad

don t no why they let manucho out on loan might not have been there today but would be useful in the run in
always look on the bright side

The Real Laoislad

I was pissed off with the way Sky Sports kept going on about how good the City fans were for respecting the minute silence...Why should they be complemented?
For fucks sake anyone with any sort of morals or decency would respect a minutes silence no matter who its for,You shouldn't have to complement someone for doing it surely it just common manners and shouldn't be too hard to do
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 10, 2008, 06:09:16 PM
Totally agree with Ronaldo sentiments. Never ever proved himself when it really matters, but he's young and that should come with experience.

Yez were all wetting yourselves last week over him!

He's not going to win it single-handedly every week.

ExiledGael

Quote from: J70 on February 10, 2008, 06:18:55 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on February 10, 2008, 06:09:16 PM

Yez were all wetting yourselves last week over him!

He's not going to win it single-handedly every week.

Yez?

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 10, 2008, 06:18:47 PM
I was pissed off with the way Sky Sports kept going on about how good the City fans were for respecting the minute silence...Why should they be complemented?
For fucks sake anyone with any sort of morals or decency would respect a minutes silence no matter who its for,You shouldn't have to complement someone for doing it surely it just common manners and shouldn't be too hard to do

And if a few idiots spoiled the whole thing the media would be all over that as well while sanctimonious United fans would be up in arms over the behaviour of rival fans. The hype goes both ways.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 10, 2008, 01:34:10 PM
Of all the numerous jerseys United have had since the Premiership began and God knows they take the biscuit in bringing out new strips,they one they are wearing today is as nice as i have seen a good old fashion no bullshit jersey

Totally agree, pity the players didn't live up to the standard set by that jersey though. It's Arsenal's to lose now I think... :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Minder

It just shows you when Ronaldo is not firing and Rooney isnt playing United are not as good as we are led to believe. Four defeats already is not championship winning form.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

Minder take the 2 best players out of any team and see how they play!!

Minder

Quote from: new devil on February 10, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Has Ronaldo not been playing?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Poor performance. The lack of creativity was disappointing. I think Fergie will regret not signing another striker in January. I think every squad needs 4 strikers.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Goats Do Shave

Ronaldo will win back to back player of the year awards!

Every player has a few quiet games a season!

Minder

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 11, 2008, 08:08:08 AM
Ronaldo will win back to back player of the year awards!

Every player has a few quiet games a season!

It just seems Man Uts are not able to absorb those "quiet games", im not sure in the grand scheme of things United fans really give a s*it about player of year awards.

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Quote from: new devil on February 10, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Not trying to upset anyone but Chelsea have been missing Lampard Terry and Drogba who are injured or away as well as Essien Mikel and Kalou (although hes shite)
Its got to do with the attitude of the players around when the big guns are missing and evidently Man U wither.
Its all about the Hurling.

Jack_Black

people tend to forgot John O'Shea was playing. anything could happen when he is on

getting subbed and putting Giggs LB, just says it all

God he is awful.

poor, poor result, agree with most comments on ronaldo, and exceptional talent, but really needs to stand up and be counted against the big teams. Rooney is and always will be the main man for me anyway.