Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on February 11, 2008, 08:59:42 AM
Don't believe the daily columns of newprint heralding new times ahead for Antrim on the back of the Walsh Cup performances was good preparation for Antrim. There is no new dawn (yet).  Steady progress year on year will be the only way and players heads should not be filled with sweetie mice after a decent 2-3 week spell, which they have been. Back to earth with a bump I'm afraid. Keep at it

Agreed Skull, i think the management should be advising the players a little better. I saw about three or four interviews from players in various media outlets proclaiming the "new dawn" of Antrim hurling. Talk like that only sets you up for a fall. The league was always the priority.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hoof Hearted

skull
do dunloy play this week or 24th ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

NAG

I think the management should be adivising themselves a bit better after sambo's uncalled for out burst against previous players.

Minder

Quote from: NAG on February 11, 2008, 10:44:55 AM
I think the management should be adivising themselves a bit better after sambo's uncalled for out burst against previous players.

Agreed, some of the players and management are too interested in soundbytes and pontificating in the press.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hoof Hearted

cheers skull
24th suits me better than 17th, might take a wee scoot down to that, i would know a few of those dunloy boys, older generation mind you.
would really love to see them make the breakthrough this year.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

theskull1

Yes
It's Dunloy's Centenary this year drici, hence the NHL game this Sunday

NAG

So, it looks like Antrim will play none of their NHL matches in Casement this year.

So whats the complaint hard station?

Dunloy have reached 100 years a significant land mark and they deserve to be honoured epseically with the amount of county players they have provided over the last 20 years.

imtommygunn

Well we've 2 - but you can't blame the fixtures committee etc for what's going on with Cork.

Maybe it'll be resolved by then.

NAG

Sorry I took that as a complaint i think for one it is a good thing to get the county games out on the road and opens it up to a different audience that wouldnt really go to casement.

milltown row

i'm all for games going out of Casement, and hopefully when my own club hits the 100 club in two years we will also have that privilege of holding a National League game. but we have a poor record of games held out of Casement (not that Casements record is great). having traveled to Dublin on Sunday and seeing the state of the ground and the trouble our lads had at dipping the ball, at least with Casement we have a pitch that is one of the best surfaces in Ireland. is Dunloys pitch up to the task?

on another note, can anybody remember the last NHL game at Dunloy? i was there and i think they were playing Wexford can anybody give details of the game?

NAG

Where would wexford stay when they are up? I always found it very insulting when teams came up to play Antrim from the deep south and stayed in the Carrickdale on the border.

Minder

Is any club that has their centenary upcoming get a National League game or is it just if you have sent a load of players to the county? Facilities obviously are a prerequisite........

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2008, 02:37:49 PM
Milltown Row (the pitch, not the poster) is good aul craic for a match. You walk down the lane and nearly go on your arse in your boots. Then you practice your swing by beating rats into the river.

;D ;D

Rumour has it the rats wouldn't be seen dead in the changing rooms

Hope you take slagging in good humor milltown  :)

milltown row

yes i do lads and i'm the first to complain about facilities within my club.

a club so big with so many members, but it's always the same ones doing the work aroud the pitch. nets, changing rooms, repairs, pitch repairs and  whatever else needs doing.

we have a meeting in the next few weeks regarding our 100 year celebrations and top of my list would be to bring a NHL/NFL match to the club. and before we entertain that our facilities would have to match the likes of Dunloy, Ballycastle (through gritted teeth) and the other quality facilities out there

we've ran a few do's and are starting to generate money but being as successful as we've been it's had a knock on effect with the purse strings.

so Skull, can you remeber that game back must have been clos to 20 years ago?