Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

no one is taking any joy in seeing this happen to the club. They had asked for the game to be called off on weds night on sat to give them a bit of breathing space and then on Sunday asked for the game to be called off which i was very surprised at more so.

It must be very disappointing for the supporters and those who run the club to see this happen. I dont like to see it happen to any club but its clear theres a problem there, more so than just a few lads going away to work or travel.
hurl like f**k boi!

Leyland

Over the past 12 months we have the following players not playing/available for a host of reasons;

Fergus Donnelly, Eoin MAlonan, Saul MCaughan, stoogie Mcafee, Shane Jennings, loaf McCaughan, TT Butler, Paddy Joe Graham, Diarmuid McShane, Dermot Donnelly, Stevie McGarry, Conal Brown,

And that's just off the top of my head.

Again although current management are not ideal, I certainly wouldn't blame them for the current mess. Players don't have the pride in their club that other clubs do and as I said earlier our leadership within club is pathetic and ultimately are probably the main reason this current mess have arrived at.

Div 2 is probably our best option as things stand and allow us to sort out everything within club.

I know who I'd take back to manage the mess!

Usain

Quote from: Leyland on July 03, 2017, 02:30:00 PM
Over the past 12 months we have the following players not playing/available for a host of reasons;

Fergus Donnelly, Eoin MAlonan, Saul MCaughan, stoogie Mcafee, Shane Jennings, loaf McCaughan, TT Butler, Paddy Joe Graham, Diarmuid McShane, Dermot Donnelly, Stevie McGarry, Conal Brown,

And that's just off the top of my head.

Again although current management are not ideal, I certainly wouldn't blame them for the current mess. Players don't have the pride in their club that other clubs do and as I said earlier our leadership within club is pathetic and ultimately are probably the main reason this current mess have arrived at.

Div 2 is probably our best option as things stand and allow us to sort out everything within club.

I know who I'd take back to manage the mess!

??

Mcquillans man

Well if the club is in the mess that you say it is and you blame the people that run the club why don't you leyland stand up at the agm and challenge them for there position and see if you could run it any better in stead of sitting here criticising them . And who would you have back taking the team ?? I don't think it matters who takes the team cause the players are simply not there or not interested.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Mcquillans man on July 03, 2017, 03:09:00 PM
Well if the club is in the mess that you say it is and you blame the people that run the club why don't you leyland stand up at the agm and challenge them for there position and see if you could run it any better in stead of sitting here criticising them . And who would you have back taking the team ?? I don't think it matters who takes the team cause the players are simply not there or not interested.

It's definitely not management's fault. There's a decent bunch of lads there. Blaming management is the easy option. There's a much deeper rooted issue. I've been at a number of blitzes recently with Dunloy and from U6 up you have Gary O'Kane, Mal Molloy, Shane Elliott, Paddy Martin, Sean McIlhatton etc coaching teams. Ballycastle don't seem to be able to get this Calibre of coaches in from their pool of past players. That's one of their main issues. I know nothing about the committee only hearsay so I've no comment on that.

We need Ballycastle to fulfill their potential and I hope they can soon for the good of us all.

MoChara

Is this Cushendall Loughgiel match tomorrow confirmed to be for Feis and League ?

hurlingstick

Quote from: MoChara on July 04, 2017, 12:40:13 PM
Is this Cushendall Loughgiel match tomorrow confirmed to be for Feis and League ?

Feis game now on Thursday. League game postponed.

MoChara

Quote from: hurlingstick on July 04, 2017, 01:25:44 PM
Quote from: MoChara on July 04, 2017, 12:40:13 PM

Feis game now on Thursday. League game postponed.

Cheers

Na Glinntí Glasa

bit of a headache that one. someone got sent off on sunday for cdall so they wouldnt be available for the replay. Both clubs wanted it to be double header for the points and feis but with the players suspended for the feis but not for the league it caused a bit of a problem

well, thats the reasoning i was told last night
hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 05, 2017, 09:30:38 AM
bit of a headache that one. someone got sent off on sunday for cdall so they wouldnt be available for the replay. Both clubs wanted it to be double header for the points and feis but with the players suspended for the feis but not for the league it caused a bit of a problem

well, thats the reasoning i was told last night

Aye that's what I was curious about myself, Ryan McCambridge was sent off during the Feis on Saturday and I think Natty has a suspension for the league currently

Milltown Row2

Dunloy game v Castle off tonight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

was over at the Lgiel v Cdall game last night. An odd game for a neutral to watch as either team could of won it and lost it at the same time. I know that sounds odd but lgiel started off really well and looked like they were for blowing Cdall away and then had a big lull where Cdall did the same to them.

Second half was much the same but Lgiel took their scores when they had them whereas Cdall shot poor wides, esp from the placed ball. I think they missed 5 overall for the hour. Both teams looked good and bad in periods of the game. The red card def hurt Cdall loosing Martin Burke in full back for an off the ball tussle with Joey Scullion.

Cdall went for goal near the end of the game when 3 down and if they had of took their points instead they would of prob had a chance of a draw. Paddy Burke had a brilliant game in centre half, a real classy hurler.

hurl like f**k boi!

Minder

Bad showing by u-21s tonight
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ashman

Quote from: Minder on July 19, 2017, 09:20:01 PM
Bad showing by u-21s tonight

Minder

What is wrong here .  Antrim hurling seems to be drifting aimlessly .

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Beat by a good Derry team. What's wrong with that. Antrim don't have God given right to beat us