The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on April 25, 2018, 01:00:03 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 25, 2018, 12:36:24 AM
Imagine if Klopp  and Liverpool beat Bayern in the final.. The romance of it would be off the scale.  Klopp managed Dortmund when Bayern beat them in the 2012 final.
2013. And Heynckes is back as Bayern manager too.

I think Bayern will win the other semi-final. They really owe Madrid one after being robbed barefaced last year in a tie in which they were the better team.

The thing is that I fear Bayern more than I fear Madrid. I think we'd wallop Madrid.

Have to get through next Wednesday first though. And there could be some nervous moments. The atmosphere in the Stadio Olimpico tends to be just a touch more imtimidating than Eastlands.

But we've never lost there in four previous matches in Europe.

2012 was Chelsea alright. There was a series of 3 finals where 2 teams from the same country played and the dominant party (Bayern, Real)  bitchslapped the underdog  (Atletico, Dortmund) for Business as usual.

I think Real are weaker this year too. A bit like Man U or Kilkenny at the end.

Salah is something special
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on April 24, 2018, 11:03:56 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 24, 2018, 10:56:03 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 24, 2018, 10:52:01 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 24, 2018, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 24, 2018, 10:35:14 PM
Two Liverpool fans stabbed reportedly.......

Saw some footage outside the ground alright

One reported dead now, man in his 70s

Jesus that's terrible

f**k sake that's awful news
I've read in a few places that he was Irish. Is that confirmed?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Asal Mor

Looking at that rte report, David Orstein on twitter has posted photos of a group of Roma fans, some armed with belts. One armed with a claw hammer. Looks to be indiscriminate attacking rather than two opposing firms fighting. In one photo there's a gang of them attacking a guy on his own.

GJL

Salah is just unreal and the way Liverpool play suits him perfectly. Has to be in with a strong shout for the Balon de oro.

manfromdelmonte

What did ye expect when fans organise a stoning of the City bus before the previous game

You don't mess with those Italian ultras

Minder

No confirmed fatality on bbc site ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 25, 2018, 08:07:30 AM
What did ye expect when fans organise a stoning of the City bus before the previous game

Cop on.

Minder

Henderson has his critics but he was immense last night, as was Wijnaldum when he came on.

Over the Bar

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 08:12:41 AM

Cop on.

Whilst not true they organised the stoning of MCFC bus,.  LFC supporters club must accept some responsibility for events.  By organising a "Welcome" they were effectively requesting a hostile and intimating atmosphere.   If you call thousands onto the streets, many drunk, you have to expect violence to break out and then escalate which is what happened, and not just from a few isolated fools as being suggested.

Roma  came prepared for that and sadly things escalated again.  Make the atmosphere as intimating as you like inside the ground, but to ask for that outside where you've no control over it is madness and it will be reciprocated unfortunately.

TabClear

Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2018, 08:41:27 AM
Henderson has his critics but he was immense last night, as was Wijnaldum when he came on.

Ox could be done for a while if its a ligament. Pity, he was in great form and it leaves us light in midfield now if any of Milner,Hendo or Gigi get injured.

Strange feeling this morning, if you had offered me a 3-1 before the match I would have bit your arm off but feel like we let them off the hook. Lat night and Saturday further emphasized how poor we are at defending a lead when we stop our high tempo, pressing game and let teams come onto us. The likes of TAA, Lovren,Gomez, Karius are always liable to make a mistake. Really hope we do not go to Rome and try to sit back as that will be asking for troubles.

Has there ever been a better individual season by a player in the premier league than Salah? The only ones that I think come close are Suarez in 2013/14 (31 league goals, no penalties and missed 6 games at the start), Ronaldo in 2007/08 or  Henry in 2003/04. Shearer had a coupel of great goalscoring seasons but did nt have the magic that the other players have.

Minder

Quote from: TabClear on April 25, 2018, 08:56:38 AM

Ox could be done for a while if its a ligament. Pity, he was in great form and it leaves us light in midfield now if any of Milner,Hendo or Gigi get injured.

Strange feeling this morning, if you had offered me a 3-1 before the match I would have bit your arm off but feel like we let them off the hook. Lat night and Saturday further emphasized how poor we are at defending a lead when we stop our high tempo, pressing game and let teams come onto us. The likes of TAA, Lovren,Gomez, Karius are always liable to make a mistake. Really hope we do not go to Rome and try to sit back as that will be asking for troubles.

Has there ever been a better individual season by a player in the premier league than Salah? The only ones that I think come close are Suarez in 2013/14 (31 league goals, no penalties and missed 6 games at the start), Ronaldo in 2007/08 or  Henry in 2003/04. Shearer had a coupel of great goalscoring seasons but did nt have the magic that the other players have.

I just think they expended that much energy getting to 5-0 some of them were absolutely fcked, teams at this stage of the champions league are always going to have a few chances.

laoislad

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 25, 2018, 08:52:44 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 08:12:41 AM

Cop on.

Whilst not true they organised the stoning of MCFC bus,.  LFC supporters club must accept some responsibility for events.  By organising a "Welcome" they were effectively requesting a hostile and intimating atmosphere.   If you call thousands onto the streets, many drunk, you have to expect violence to break out and then escalate which is what happened, not a few isolated fools as being suggested.

Roma  came prepared for that and sadly things escalated again.  Make the atmosphere as intimating as you like inside the ground, but to ask for that outside where you've no control over it is madness and it will be reciprocated unfortunately.
Some of ye are really sad ignorant f**king arseholes.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

I know i was watcjing it on my phone (in spanish)  but i did struggle to see what Henderson did so well, maybe just sitting there and being the go to man, but I wouldnt have put him up there as immense.. (And i like him as that type player)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Henderson was excellent for 70 minutes. He broke up everything Roma tried to do. Made tackles and played good passes to the dangerous players. He tired near the end, and got overrun in the charge of the light brigade stuff that Roma were doing. Henderson gets  a bad rap but I guarantee you people who play with him appreciate him.