Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

There's always one idiot at every club in fairness.

Galbally just happens to have more than one.

trailer

Quote from: longballin on April 19, 2018, 02:35:04 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on April 19, 2018, 02:30:39 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 19, 2018, 02:16:45 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 19, 2018, 02:13:41 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on April 18, 2018, 06:42:25 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on April 18, 2018, 06:17:07 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 18, 2018, 04:22:22 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on April 18, 2018, 04:18:56 PM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on April 18, 2018, 02:13:47 PM
County Board do not have a sponsor for the Club Championship yet because Donnelly Bros pulled out after what happened with Mc Aleer and Rushe! FACT! That's why the draw hasn't been made yet!

Donnelly Brothers three year contract for sponsorship expired at the end of last season so it may also be related to that surely?

The negative publicity after the Galbally incident may have deterred them from renewing or perhaps they just thought they weren't getting value for money? They're still the kit van sponsor so it's not as if they've pulled out completely.

The way the club championship is rushed through totally diminishes it. A box ticking exercise.  Is little wonder they pulled the plug

What was the galbally incident?

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2016/09/12/news/banners-with-northern-ireland-map-removed-at-gaa-match-690737/

I never knew that happened. That's Galbally all over. What an arsehole.

You'll find it was an individual reaction not supported by Galbally.

Am i missing something here the banners were taken down because of co.uk??

was because they had a map of "Norhern Ireland" as in six counties - partitionist. Can see his point but there might have been a better way to go about it... like bring it up at next meeting

What point? It's Donnelly's f**king logo. Jesus wept.

Donnelly's "Here's a load of free sponsorship money."
Village idiot 1 "Sorry but due to the partitionist nature of your logo we cannot accept it."
Donnelly's "Ok - sure we'll give to some other sporting body who would be grateful"
Village idiot 1 "Thanks, I'll let the local OC of the IRA know"
Donnelly's "Dead on"
Village idiot 1 "Ireland is one step closer to reunification! Rejoice!"

longballin

Quote from: trailer on April 19, 2018, 03:39:07 PM
County Board do not have a sponsor for the Club Championship yet because Donnelly Bros pulled out after what happened with Mc Aleer and Rushe! FACT! That's why the draw hasn't been made yet!

Donnelly Brothers three year contract for sponsorship expired at the end of last season so it may also be related to that surely?

The negative publicity after the Galbally incident may have deterred them from renewing or perhaps they just thought they weren't getting value for money? They're still the kit van sponsor so it's not as if they've pulled out completely.

The way the club championship is rushed through totally diminishes it. A box ticking exercise.  Is little wonder they pulled the plug

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2016/09/12/news/banners-with-northern-ireland-map-removed-at-gaa-match-690737/

was because they had a map of "Norhern Ireland" as in six counties - partitionist. Can see his point but there might have been a better way to go about it... like bring it up at next meeting

Village idiot 1 "Sorry but due to the partitionist nature of your logo we cannot accept it."
Donnelly's "Ok - sure we'll give to some other sporting body who would be grateful"
Donnelly's "Dead on"

was worth discussing but not the huge OTT reaction of his... bit OTT there yourself by the way  ::)

Therealdonald

Quote from: longballin on April 19, 2018, 04:34:20 PM

Donnelly's "Dead on"

was worth discussing but not the huge OTT reaction of his... bit OTT there yourself by the way  ::)

Galbally getting a bad rep here for this. I'm sure there'd be a lot who would feel the same about the logo, just his measures were maybe extreme.

Under Lights

Donnelly's "Dead on"

Never try to be funny again

BennyHarp

It was probably this guy.

Quote from: Thebigdog on April 04, 2018, 07:09:31 PM
Yes can safely say Harte s biggest supporters would generally be middle class neo Catholic, SDLP types who would not have seen much action in the 30 year war.
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 19, 2018, 09:35:56 PM

It was probably this guy.

Quote from: Thebigdog on April 04, 2018, 07:09:31 PM
Yes can safely say Harte s biggest supporters would generally be middle class neo Catholic, SDLP types who would not have seen much action in the 30 year war.

Im not sure if this is a go at me by Benny but what I'm saying is his actions weren't endorsed by Galbally as a club, maybe by individuals in the club I dunno.

GaaFanatic123

Any other criac naw?

Seen a great wee piece on MFC's facebook page about having games on Saturdays,
Even a 50/50 split of fixtures on Saturday/Sundays would be great, like each week have a few games dedicated on saturdays, I know a lot of players like to go watch other clubs, esp there neighbors playing in matches, again its gong to raise attendances at grounds and would surely be welcomed by clubs and players! 

Tyrone95

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on April 20, 2018, 11:29:22 AM
Any other criac naw?

Seen a great wee piece on MFC's facebook page about having games on Saturdays,
Even a 50/50 split of fixtures on Saturday/Sundays would be great, like each week have a few games dedicated on saturdays, I know a lot of players like to go watch other clubs, esp there neighbors playing in matches, again its gong to raise attendances at grounds and would surely be welcomed by clubs and players!
Great idea regarding the 50/50 split of fixtures, I think if a motion like that was put forward for clubs to decide it would be passed.. Can't see the 'top table' in Garvaghy ever letting it happen though!

WT4E

Add to this disregarding Reserve structure and introducing stand alone divisions for seconds team which has relegation involved and can be played at different times like during the week or Friday evenings. This would add more incentive to teams to fulfill fixtures and compete for promotion as a team and not a club.

omagh_gael

Quote from: WT4E on April 20, 2018, 01:06:30 PM
Add to this disregarding Reserve structure and introducing stand alone divisions for seconds team which has relegation involved and can be played at different times like during the week or Friday evenings. This would add more incentive to teams to fulfill fixtures and compete for promotion as a team and not a club.

Do any other Ulster counties follow the separate reserve fixtures/leagues? I know Monaghan do as my cousins play junior B and they think it's a great system. In fact, Monaghan are also trialling a new system for senior teams too, great to see alternatives being given a shot.

WT4E

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 20, 2018, 01:14:58 PM
Quote from: WT4E on April 20, 2018, 01:06:30 PM

Do any other Ulster counties follow the separate reserve fixtures/leagues? I know Monaghan do as my cousins play junior B and they think it's a great system. In fact, Monaghan are also trialling a new system for senior teams too, great to see alternatives being given a shot.

I think Down do - use to work with a lad who played in Down and I think he said they did.

trailer

Split Reserves East & West to avoid long journeys and Div 1,2,3 in both. Play on a Friday night say. You'd soon see participation numbers rocket. But this is too good of an idea to be implemented. I'd love to play a bit but I work long hours and with young children the weekend is for them and not me.

general_lee

Armagh split the reserves into north and south and play on a Wednesday night. About a dozen teams in each league. About another dozen clubs don't field reserve teams and then there are a few that play division 3.

Tyrone Gaa

Omagh 4-8
Coalisland 1-16

Some game!!
Living the dream!!!