2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I'll be driving up with my son - 3 spaces in the back if anyone wants a lift - or 2 if you're a bit hefty. Might as well car pool a bit. I'll be parking about 5 - 10 mins walk from Croke Pk.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2018, 07:42:15 AM
He shouldn't be dropped for that. He took it down immediately and apologised immediately. It was very poorly worded and not wise to put up so soon after the event, but a large portion of the country were saying the same thing. He basically said, that if the rugby lads were found innocent it means that the girl could be seen as guilty of making things up. He put it up in a bad way but took it down and apologised. I don't agree with what he said but I don't think he should be dropped. Definitely not long term. Drop him for this match maybe and then right back in it for the championship. We might as well forget about it if our top scorer is out for the year.

Welcome to the real world where people are held accountable for their actions.  Everytime Gary puts on the Laois Jersey he represents every man,woman and child in this county.  I cannot believe he was that naive to put that post up and not realize their is serious ramifications to getting involved in something like this.  Laois is looking for someone to take over naming right to O Moore park at the current moment.  What large company would touch a county that is anyway mired in controversy. Our main sponsor was dragged in,  all because somebody is attention seeking.  If any team is to succeed there has to be discipline within the ranks, and there has to be consequences to actions. 

redsetanta

I'm wondering if he was warned previously about comments on social media as dropping him for the biggest game of the year seems harsh. Surely a strong warning or provision that if it happened again he'd Be dropped would have done. Why can't lads have an alias or alter ego account for their ramblings on Twitter.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

Nah in hindsight it's best to drop him for the final as this will be seen as punishment enough. Also, we wont attract any major negative attention on Saturday as the man at the centre of the row will not be there. In hindsight, it was a good assertive move by management. It's appropriate punishment. Get him back for the championship and say no more about it.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2018, 10:17:19 AM
Nah in hindsight it's best to drop him for the final as this will be seen as punishment enough. Also, we wont attract any major negative attention on Saturday as the man at the centre of the row will not be there. In hindsight, it was a good assertive move by management. It's appropriate punishment. Get him back for the championship and say no more about it.

That's the most sensible course of action. 

High Fielder

I'd leave him sit for the rest of the year. A message needs to be sent to all the youngsters in the county and we need to be seen to be doing the right thing. No half measures. The County is bigger than the individual even if that means shooting ourselves in the foot.

town1980

High fielder I'm with you the individual has always been involved in some sort of controversy ask the joes club ...players just pass threw but they represent us as a county ballyroanabu our are spot on....I would be getting rid of him for the year if not for good

BallyroanAbu

A league final is a heavy punishment, for a county that is not in many.  But discipline and team must be above the individual or we will continue to return to this.

Giovanni

Quote from: High Fielder on March 30, 2018, 10:31:29 AM
I'd leave him sit for the rest of the year. A message needs to be sent to all the youngsters in the county and we need to be seen to be doing the right thing. No half measures. The County is bigger than the individual even if that means shooting ourselves in the foot.

I don't know about leaving him sit for the year but I couldn't agree more about the need to send clear messages to all the youngsters in the county. Everyone that pulls on a Laois jersey has a responsibility to behave with a certain decorum and most especially in public forums. The only thing is that this message has to be consistent across the entire spectrum of teams and officials - from the u-13s upwards. If John Surgue is a lone voice in trying to do the right thing, it'll never work.

ILikeStrawberryJam

It was a grossly insensitive and stupid  thing to say. Hes his own worst enemy. Fair play to Sugrue.
Dropping him is the right thing to do.

Missing a lot of heads tomorrow. I think carlow will edge it.

Unlaoised

Headache for John who was probably already trying to plan without Evan...With Paul also out I'm hearing it will be a tough ask to beat Carlow now.

Probably the right call but I hope its just this game as thats punishment enough.

Anyway one man's loss is another man's gain some fellow will get a start instead now and its up to him to take that chance be it david Conway ,Eoin Lowry ross munnelly etc...

some one will also get a place in the 26 now instead and maybe they could feature so on we go......

Still hasn't taken away from the day for me I can't wait!
LAOIS ABÚ

From the Terrace

without paul & gary, we will be bother to get scores. hopefully gary will learn from this. I think this will be a tight one, I hope we are capable of beating them without our best two forwards going on league form. As kevin keegan once said i would love it if we beat them. Laois ABU

Unison

Same old Laois. We have always been our own worst enemy. We tend to beat ourselves before we go onto the pitch. Its not the opposition we need to fear, but our own stupidity ::).

I'm sure the Carlow boys cant believe their luck.

G@@

This kinda tripe boils my blood. It's the responsibility of parents to give "messages" to youngsters, not some sports star.

Reading the fookwits on Twitter throwing digs at the county board is laughable, the vast majority of them - hard core feminists, wouldn't know what the inside of O'Moore Park even looks like.

It's high time normal folk start pushing back at these feminists and their left wing comrades as they will eventually get total control if they are let and God help life then or sports like the GAA then, cause they'd next to outlaw it.

Having to change aspects to our games up when some jumped up left winger squeals like a pig is not the way to be running the GAA organisation. Laois GAA should have told them in the nicest way possible to fcuk right off. Enough is enough.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Don Draper

Quote from: G@@ on March 30, 2018, 03:23:27 PM

This kinda tripe boils my blood. It's the responsibility of parents to give "messages" to youngsters, not some sports star.

Reading the fookwits on Twitter throwing digs at the county board is laughable, the vast majority of them - hard core feminists, wouldn't know what the inside of O'Moore Park even looks like.

It's high time normal folk start pushing back at these feminists and their left wing comrades as they will eventually get total control if they are let and God help life then or sports like the GAA then, cause they'd next to outlaw it.

Having to change aspects to our games up when some jumped up left winger squeals like a pig is not the way to be running the GAA organisation. Laois GAA should have told them in the nicest way possible to fcuk right off. Enough is enough.

Agreed, Gary was an idiot, but it seems free speech is only for the snowflakes in this social media age.

We move on.