Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: tyrone86 on June 13, 2018, 10:59:05 AM
Quote from: mackers on June 13, 2018, 10:51:06 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on June 13, 2018, 10:24:01 AM
Quote from: mackers on June 13, 2018, 10:19:40 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 13, 2018, 09:59:54 AM
I'd imagine the antics of some of the Armagh management team may have influenced the decision to push ahead with appeal.
The video of the footage that I saw also showed the Tyrone management heavily involved so I'd have thought it's not a factor in pushing for an appeal.  That's an irrelevance.

By heavily involved do you mean hitting a 19 year old and hospitalising him or heavily involved trying to pull men apart/off each other?
This 19 year old thing only goes so far.  The Armagh manager was in hospital on Saturday with concussion also. The Tyrone lad was the aggressor.  We're not dealing with children here.
That said, nobody will be more embarrassed and disappointed in himself than Martin.  He served his club, county and province (when it counted for something) with distinction and had an unblemished disciplinary record.  The red mist descended when he was attacked.  He hit back when he shouldn't have.  He'll take his punishment and move on.

Utter f**king bullshit

Have you absolute proof he is talking crap. There is more than a fair chance Mackers knows McQuillan. How do you know he did not suffer concussion? You may disagree with who was the aggressor and that would be fair enough.

By the way all this talk of hitting a 19/20 year old. McQuillan is in his 50s. I would suggest the younger man has the advantage there. To clarify I am not saying who was right or wrong as like the majority I do not know !

Rossfan

Up to the 1920s or maybe later the first thing you did after losing a game was to put on an objection.
Many a one failed because it wasn't on Irish water marked paper  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Throw ball on June 13, 2018, 11:22:15 AM
Quote from: tyrone86 on June 13, 2018, 10:59:05 AM
Quote from: mackers on June 13, 2018, 10:51:06 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on June 13, 2018, 10:24:01 AM
Quote from: mackers on June 13, 2018, 10:19:40 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 13, 2018, 09:59:54 AM
I'd imagine the antics of some of the Armagh management team may have influenced the decision to push ahead with appeal.
The video of the footage that I saw also showed the Tyrone management heavily involved so I'd have thought it's not a factor in pushing for an appeal.  That's an irrelevance.

By heavily involved do you mean hitting a 19 year old and hospitalising him or heavily involved trying to pull men apart/off each other?
This 19 year old thing only goes so far.  The Armagh manager was in hospital on Saturday with concussion also. The Tyrone lad was the aggressor.  We're not dealing with children here.
That said, nobody will be more embarrassed and disappointed in himself than Martin.  He served his club, county and province (when it counted for something) with distinction and had an unblemished disciplinary record.  The red mist descended when he was attacked.  He hit back when he shouldn't have.  He'll take his punishment and move on.

Utter f**king bullshit

Have you absolute proof he is talking crap. There is more than a fair chance Mackers knows McQuillan. How do you know he did not suffer concussion? You may disagree with who was the aggressor and that would be fair enough.

By the way all this talk of hitting a 19/20 year old. McQuillan is in his 50s. I would suggest the younger man has the advantage there. To clarify I am not saying who was right or wrong as like the majority I do not know !
I think the biggest issue is that McQuillian had no place on the field in the first place, let alone getting involved in a row. The same can be said for the subs from both teams.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

But... but... I thought it was only handbags according to some folk on here??!! 2 Concussions now?

Tyrone have some neck on them appealing the result and they wonder why nobody likes them??!

Whishtup

Quote from: Jinxy on June 13, 2018, 10:38:51 AM
Every high-profile controversial incident in the GAA since 1995, has either directly or indirectly involved Tyrone.

The world would be a very dull place without us, that's for sure.

Conflict/rebellion/deceipt/compassion/humour has been part of the psyche for hundreds of years.  Sure didn't Hugh O'Neill himself bawl his lamps out in front of the Queen, begging for redemption and then go on to spend her money on lead shot (that was supposed to be for the roof of his new house in Dungannon) to attack her forces.  There's no doubt about it, to outsiders we are generally a County of mad bastids who thrive on controversy.

Never a dull moment.

outsideoftheboot

immediately following the row, both teams had 2 players sent off. Armagh also had a management member sent off. Play then resumed, Following the next whistle to end the period another Armagh player was sent off after the whistle. This would suggest they should have had a player less on the field than tyrone when they resumed. I'm assuming tyrones appeal is based on this.

bigtogs

Quote from: passedit on June 13, 2018, 11:13:25 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on June 13, 2018, 09:46:54 AM
Appeal lodged I remember the Gaa when you where beat you where beat and you got suspended if needed and you accepted all like a man... I would love to have seen us win last Friday night we where beat fair and square and if no 23 had not spend the few seconds before the row goating(another thing we seemed to invent) Armagh's no 7 the row may not have happens... where the hell is our game going too...

False memory syndrome, the 'objection' is as old as the association. Two words Frank Murphy.

None the less we where beat fair an square take it on the chin...

mackers

Although I did not see the incident involving Martin myself I was told by someone who did that the Tyrone keeper threw a ball at him and his bib was pulled over his head and Martin reacted.  You may say that it's hearsay but I'd take the man's version of events over two Tyrone hillbillies that use abusive language to get their point across!!
On the subject of why he was on the field, he had watched his son take dog's abuse from Tyrone players for the whole of the match and I'd guess he went on to protect him/take him out of the melee.  Something that I'd say the rest of us would have done under the circumstances.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Jinxy on June 13, 2018, 10:38:51 AM
Every high-profile controversial incident in the GAA since 1995, has either directly or indirectly involved Tyrone...
and never involves Meath any more cos we usually only get two games a season now and are never in any worth while game worth fighting for.

Jinxy

Even your dogs lie down looking for handy frees.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Bearded One

Quote from: mackers on June 13, 2018, 11:53:18 AM
Although I did not see the incident involving Martin myself I was told by someone who did that the Tyrone keeper threw a ball at him and his bib was pulled over his head and Martin reacted.  You may say that it's hearsay but I'd take the man's version of events over two Tyrone hillbillies that use abusive language to get their point across!!
On the subject of why he was on the field, he had watched his son take dog's abuse from Tyrone players for the whole of the match and I'd guess he went on to protect him/take him out of the melee.  Something that I'd say the rest of us would have done under the circumstances.

Part true, the keeper did throw the ball at Martin McQuillan but it was after he had hit the player, this was in reaction to him striking Tom Loughran...the video doesn't show the initial stages of the fighting. At the stage McQuillan joined the trouble he was the first mentor involved and it certainly wasn't a peace keeping exercise. There is a pretty clear picture to show him in action in the Tyrone Herald actually.

I can only assume you weren't at the game Mackers if you think Ross McQuillan, or indeed any player from either team, received 'dogs abuse' for the whole game. There wasn't a dirty blow before the incident, it was a hard and fair game.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Fuzzman

I've not read this story so far and am only catching up on it now but I have to laugh at this GAA thinking that if you were beaten and you deserved to be beaten even if there was a clear instance of a rule broken.

I can think back to the AI final of 1995 when Charlie Redmond got sent off and didn't go off for a number of minutes.
Can you imagine this year if Kerry are playing Mayo in the AI final and Kieran Donaghy gets a 2nd yellow but the ref doesn't notice and he plays on and sets up a goal and Dublin lose by a point.

Do you think there would be a replay?
If Mayo played badly and were well beaten by 5 points would your attitude be different?

DuffleKing

The row stuff - which will yet accrue suspensions I would imagine - is irrelevant to Tyrone embarrassing themselves with this appeal.

Bad loser much?

mackers

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 13, 2018, 12:13:03 PM
There is a pretty clear picture to show him in action in the Tyrone Herald actually.
That's it then.  Case closed.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

keeperlit

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on June 13, 2018, 11:46:41 AM
immediately following the row, both teams had 2 players sent off. Armagh also had a management member sent off. Play then resumed, Following the next whistle to end the period another Armagh player was sent off after the whistle. This would suggest they should have had a player less on the field than tyrone when they resumed. I'm assuming tyrones appeal is based on this.

No- because one of the two armagh players that was sent off immediately following the row had already been substituted in normal time iirc.