Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

From the Bunker

This season is all about getting over the line in the League. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

It's not about building a team.

It's not about playing nice football.

It's not about bringing in a rookie Manager.

Big Sam, Mark Hughes?

The biggest problem is bringing in a decent Manager with premier League experience is that they don't understand the Scottish game.

Most of the candidates are used to an expectation of mid-table, not being relegated.

The expectation at Celtic in the Domestic League is to win every game.

lenny

None of these things are going to happen so you can forget about it. Celtic are an extremely well run club and a couple of bad results won't cause the board to panic. There is also a plan there for progression within the club ie John Kennedy has been earmarked as the next manager. He would've already been the manager if Rodgers had stayed a bit longer and allowed Kennedy a bit more experience as number 2. Celtic will not appoint someone like big Sam or mark hughes, it just won't happen. The bottom line is the players are good enough to do a lot better and the results will improve. It'll be interesting to see how Sevco react when they're put under a bit of pressure.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2020, 04:55:13 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 25, 2020, 04:44:42 PM
Who can Celtic bring in to save the day

Ideally you'd want a guy who can hit the ground running.

The kind of manager you bring in mid season is usually a different beast to what you'd bring in at the start.

Someone like a Big Sam maybe?

Big Sam hahahahahahahhahaha

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 25, 2020, 07:28:00 PM

The kind of manager you bring in mid season is usually a different beast to what you'd bring in at the start.

We have a lad who was sacked by Bolton and Hibs in charge.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2020, 03:57:58 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 25, 2020, 01:59:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2020, 01:52:03 PM
Lennon has to go.

No ifs, buts, maybes.

He has to go.
I hope the f**k they sack him today as I don't think I could listen to you for another day. It's bad enough losing or drawing but then having to listen to your shite. Like a nagging wife ffs

Nagging shite?

He has to go because the results and performances are completely abject.

As we speak Sevco are busy opening up a 6 pt lead.

How many more dropped points do you think we can afford.

You are too emotionally invested in the manager to speak with any degree of objectivity.

Because i know NL personally has nothing to do with how i feel, remember i've been a Celtic fan long before NL was on the scene and will continue long after he's gone. 40 years a fan and i've seen many a manager come and go but all you do is spout every day "sack him, sack him, hasn't a clue, he's out of his depth". I know it's been a shit season so far compared to what we're used too but sack him tomorrow and who's going to turn it around? Don't make me laugh FFS Sam Alderdice & Mark Hughes, both of them have done Feck all and know not one thing about Scottish Football. Henrik Larsson? knows plenty about Scottish Football but his management has been pretty poor TBH.
We're 6pts behind with a game in hand (realistically 3pts). So in all the yapping we've all done we're ONE game behind with 2/3 rds of the season still to play and 3 Rangers games still to play, from the start of the season we've had disruption after disruption with isolations and positive covid tests not to mention injuries. Rangers have not had any of this and i'll be shocked if they don't get hit with a few of these pretty soon and when they get disrupted like we have we'll see how they cope. Panicking over nothing, we'll come good i've no doubt in that and Sevco have it coming to them too.
So lets pretend the Board think like you and sack NL, who's going to come in and do it? as mentioned above all a load of shite. If he's sacked the only man for me to finish off the season is Gordon Strachan.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 25, 2020, 07:41:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2020, 03:57:58 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 25, 2020, 01:59:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2020, 01:52:03 PM
Lennon has to go.

No ifs, buts, maybes.

He has to go.
I hope the f**k they sack him today as I don't think I could listen to you for another day. It's bad enough losing or drawing but then having to listen to your shite. Like a nagging wife ffs

Nagging shite?

He has to go because the results and performances are completely abject.

As we speak Sevco are busy opening up a 6 pt lead.

How many more dropped points do you think we can afford.

You are too emotionally invested in the manager to speak with any degree of objectivity.

Because i know NL personally has nothing to do with how i feel, remember i've been a Celtic fan long before NL was on the scene and will continue long after he's gone. 40 years a fan and i've seen many a manager come and go but all you do is spout every day "sack him, sack him, hasn't a clue, he's out of his depth". I know it's been a shit season so far compared to what we're used too but sack him tomorrow and who's going to turn it around? Don't make me laugh FFS Sam Alderdice & Mark Hughes, both of them have done Feck all and know not one thing about Scottish Football. Henrik Larsson? knows plenty about Scottish Football but his management has been pretty poor TBH.
We're 6pts behind with a game in hand (realistically 3pts). So in all the yapping we've all done we're ONE game behind with 2/3 rds of the season still to play and 3 Rangers games still to play, from the start of the season we've had disruption after disruption with isolations and positive covid tests not to mention injuries. Rangers have not had any of this and i'll be shocked if they don't get hit with a few of these pretty soon and when they get disrupted like we have we'll see how they cope. Panicking over nothing, we'll come good i've no doubt in that and Sevco have it coming to them too.
So lets pretend the Board think like you and sack NL, who's going to come in and do it? as mentioned above all a load of shite. If he's sacked the only man for me to finish off the season is Gordon Strachan.

Sam Allardyce had to work his way up from the League of Ireland.

Neil Lennon got handed the Celtic job before he even had qualifications. He got the road at clubs like Hibs and Bolton. There is no way Lennon would have ever gotten a job that big but for the fact that he was a Celtic reguar who was born in the O6 and was with Celtic during a successful period.

He got the job on his status among the Celtic fanbase, unfortunately he's not up to the job - that is patently obvious.

I don't think you'd have to go far to find a better and more competent manager than Lennon. You can laugh all you want but Allardyce's managerial record is far superior to Lennon, he has taken on many jobs before and dramatically improved the fortunes of the teams he has managed.

We need someone to come in and make an immediate impact as Lennon's Celtic are a complete and utter shambles at present.

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2020, 07:36:12 PM

Bitter man...everyone knows how the Bolton job went and he left by mutual consent and as far as Hibs manager goes...well lets just say when Judas ran for the coin a move was manufactured for NL from Hibs to Celtic and everyone knows that but you're just twisted and can't find something bad enough to say about him...Sad ::). NAG nag nag

bennydorano

Sounds ridiculous but could see Martin O'Neill or WGS parachuted in if things get much worse tbh, an experienced head anyway. 3pts (hopefully) behind is nothing but it has been pants lately and has he got the dressing room as much as he used to? I'm not so sure.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 25, 2020, 07:49:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2020, 07:36:12 PM

Bitter man...everyone knows how the Bolton job went and he left by mutual consent and as far as Hibs manager goes...well lets just say when Judas ran for the coin a move was manufactured for NL from Hibs to Celtic and everyone knows that but you're just twisted and can't find something bad enough to say about him...Sad ::). NAG nag nag

It's a fact.

Tell me what clubs will be queuing up for Lennon when he leaves Celtic?

It's nothing to do with bitterness, it's nothing personal against Lennon. The only one being personal and emotional here is you. It's quite clear and obvious Lennon is not he man for the job, it's evident in our results and performances. The club are a shambles, that responsibility lies with the manager - there is a large swell of complete and utter disillusionment in the fanbase at where this team are going under Lennon and it's completely valid. The problem is you are taking it far too personally. The guys isn't up to the job, I believe that, many others on here too. Y

You have shown time and time again you can't stand back and be objective. Lennon would never have got a job the magnitude of the Celtic job elsewhere, that's a just a matter of fact, it's not bitterness. It's the same way a guy like Sokskjaer or a guy like Lampard would never have gotten the Man Utd or Chelsea jobs only for their standings in the club.

How Rogic has been left out for so long is a disgrace, his first start of the season today, two assists and he was instrumental in the penalty awarded too. He has barely been given a look in the past 18 months.

What Celtic need right now is a manager who knows what he's at and we need him in ASAP before the title is gone. How much more do we fall behind Rangers before we act? How much more can we afford to fall behind Rangers. We don't play in the league next weekend, we are likely to be 9 points behind Rangers by this time next week. Does that seriously not set alarm bells ringing in your head. It should for any Celtic fan.

Angelo

I'd blow my brains out if we sack Lennon only to bring in Strachan.

illdecide

Angelo

SHEEDY

It's been a dodgy start to the season but it's too soon with the lennon out shouts. More than enough quality in the squad to turn the results around.
nil satis nisi optimum

Angelo

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 25, 2020, 08:28:24 PM
It's been a dodgy start to the season but it's too soon with the lennon out shouts. More than enough quality in the squad to turn the results around.

At what point do the alarm bells start ringing?

Itchy

not sure can you blame neil Lennon for some of the shite in that game. Duffy wants a kick in the hole, he is playing like he is too good for scotland. Thats the 3rd game I have watched him in and he has been piss. Now we know he is capable of a lot more but it is easy to blame the manager