European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Sevilla 3 Real Madrid 0 at half time. A strange night in La Liga.

gawa316

Just the  one game ban for Ronaldo

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gawa316 on September 27, 2018, 02:00:24 PM
Just the  one game ban for Ronaldo
As expected was nothing in that sending off.

Cunny Funt

Spain 0 England 3 at half time. England's last away win in Spain came in 1987.

under the bar

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 15, 2018, 08:46:58 PM
Spain 0 England 3 at half time. England's last away win in Spain came in 1987.

Suppose it's  coming home again then?

Boycey

In fairness they were very good particularly in the 1st half, although unsurprisingly Sky did lose the run of themselves a bit post match.

Cunny Funt

El Clasico on today, it doesn't feel the same with no Ronaldo and Messi playing.

Cunny Funt

Barcelona top after a 5-1 win. The champions of Europe Real Madrid way down in 9th place.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 28, 2018, 05:12:51 PM
Barcelona top after a 5-1 win. The champions of Europe Real Madrid way down in 9th place.
surely has to be the end for madrid manager after that result. Conte waiting in the wings.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Not European I know but did anyone else watch the Copa Libertadores Final 1st leg tonight between Boca Juniors and River Plate?
Some atmosphere,decent enough game also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on November 11, 2018, 10:41:50 PM
Not European I know but did anyone else watch the Copa Libertadores Final 1st leg tonight between Boca Juniors and River Plate?

Was it as good as the Turin game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

Missed it, when is the next game?

Dortmund v Bayern was a cracker, Sancho looks like a real talent. Won't be long out in Germany.

TabClear

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 14, 2018, 01:39:44 PM

Dortmund v Bayern was a cracker, Sancho looks like a real talent. Won't be long out in Germany.

Illustrates the problems that young english talent have in the PL at the big clubs to get an opportunity. At Man City for example, Sancho/Foden i think will both be stars in future years but if you are behind the likes of David Silva/KDB  in the pecking order how are you ever going to get a chance? Sancho had to  leave and Foden is getting limited game time.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: TabClear on November 14, 2018, 03:24:58 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 14, 2018, 01:39:44 PM

Illustrates the problems that young english talent have in the PL at the big clubs to get an opportunity. At Man City for example, Sancho/Foden i think will both be stars in future years but if you are behind the likes of David Silva/KDB  in the pecking order how are you ever going to get a chance? Sancho had to  leave and Foden is getting limited game time.

You'd have to be as good as Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney or Mbappe were at 18 to be getting in the City starting team, thinking about it Ronaldo at 18 wouldn't have been good enough.

Even if City loaned Foden out I don't think he'd start in any other premier league team just yet. He's too small, this time next year will be different.

I've seen so many top class English youngsters aged 17/18/19 that I'd consider very special; There going to have another Golden generation with Gomes & Greenwood at United, Foden, Sancho, Gibbs-White, Reiss Nelson, Sessegnon & Hudson-Odoi.  That England team that won the u17 world cup is the best youth team I've ever seen.

Greenwood is progressing very quickly at United, he's just turned 17. In terms of how good Giggs was at 17 I don't think he's too far off that.