RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

lads can anyone familiar with the area give directions of how to get to the wake and where to park the car etc, thanks in advance

Goats Do Shave

QuotePáraic, a Chara
>
> I wish to convey some information to you regarding the wake and
> funeral arrangements for the late Michaela McAreavey (neé Harte). This
> is done only to assist with queries you may be receiving on the
> matter.
>
>
> Michaela's remains will be repatriated to her family's home at
> Glencull Road, Ballygawley tomorrow evening (Friday).
> All day tomorrow (Friday) the house will remain totally private.
>
> A wake for Michaela will take place on Saturday and on Sunday at her
> family's home.
>
> On Monday the funeral Mass will take place in the neighbouring
> Ballymacilroy Church at 12.00 noon (this time is subject to
> confirmation). The family home will be strictly private on Monday,
> also.
>
> The families of Michaela and her husband John have requested that, if
> desired, donations in lieu of flowers may be made to either the
> 'Cormac Trust' or the 'Spirit of 'Paul McGirr' .
>
>
>
> It would be hoped that the wishes and requests of the families can be
> fully complied with by all sympathisers and mourners.
>
> Many thanks.
>
>
>
> Le gach dea-ghuí
>
> Damhnaic Mac Eochaidh
>
> Rúnaí

Sent to Pauric Duffy & to be circulated throughout the GAA clubs in Ireland...

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: Banana Man on January 14, 2011, 10:40:00 AM
lads can anyone familiar with the area give directions of how to get to the wake and where to park the car etc

Perhaps EC could keep us posted on this?
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on January 14, 2011, 11:10:39 AM
lads can anyone familiar with the area give directions of how to get to the wake and where to park the car etc

From ballygawley roundabout head for omagh, just as the overtaking lane begins at the bottom of the hill at glencull primary school (about a 1 /12 from roundabout) there is a turnoff to the left, house is in there about a mile or so,

I'd imagine once you get that length the cars will be parked arround there and you will have no bother finding the house
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 14, 2011, 02:00:13 AM
Article Taken from Belfast Telegraph
written By John Campbell

Down chairman Seamus Walsh spoke last night of the special affinity which exists between his county and Tyrone.

Walsh was among the first to contact his Red Hands counterpart Ciaran McLaughlin to express sympathy following the death of Michaela McAreavey and has since reflected on the support his own county received from Tyrone in relation to recent tragic events.

Walsh said: "We had the sudden death of 17-year-old Minor footballer Patrick Dinsmore last year while playing for his club Warrenpoint and then just a week before Christmas the mother of our county Allstar Danny Hughes died just four weeks after having been diagnosed with cancer.

"These were two heavy burdens for us to bear but we got great support from many sources especially Tyrone."

And when Down staged the Golden Jubilee celebrations in the Slieve Donard Hotel Newcastle to mark the capture of the 1960 All-Ireland football title, Tyrone were among the counties to enthusiastically embrace their jubilations.

"I would have to say that we have a very strong bond with Tyrone. The marriage of Michaela Harte and John McAreavey was seen by us all in a sense as a further cementing of this bond but sadly we now find ourselves preparing for Michaela's funeral," added Walsh.

And he has pledged "every support" from the county board for the Harte and McAreavey families.

"Their pain is beyond comprehension. Words seem totally inadequate at a time like this. We all have families whom we cherish and to lose a loved one in such terrible circumstances defies belief," said Walsh.

The Down link with Tyrone will be brought very much into focus once again next month when a combined Warrenpoint-Rostrevor side will take on a South Down team in a special match in memory of the late Patrick Dinsmore.

The game will go ahead at Moygannon, Warrenpoint with a 2pm throw-in and the proceeds will go to the Cormac Trust, the fund set up in Tyrone in the aftermath of the sudden death of Tyrone captain Cormac McAnallen six years ago.

Walsh said: "We feel that this is a very deserving cause to benefit from monies raised through this game.

"Cormac McAnallen, like Patrick Dinsmore and Michaela McAreavey, was an exceptional person. He set a great example for everyone with whom he came into contact.

This just shows how important the GAA is. Without the GAA, Tyrone and Down mightn't even have a continued existence. Those British districts are what appear on most maps of the occupied territories. It is great to see the solidarity across the counties at a time like this.
The response of the whole GAA community to this senseless tragedy has been very impressive. We are all GAA people at the end of the day and it brings people together like no other sport.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Banana Man

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 14, 2011, 11:24:32 AM

From ballygawley roundabout head for omagh, just as the overtaking lane begins at the bottom of the hill at glencull primary school (about a 1 /12 from roundabout) there is a turnoff to the left, house is in there about a mile or so,

I'd imagine once you get that length the cars will be parked arround there and you will have no bother finding the house

nice one lad, appreciated

EC Unique

The wake is open to the public tomorrow and Sunday. Parking areas are being currently sorted out but the main one will be down the Water-side road which is the next road on the right heading towards Ballygawley. It will all be well signed, if you get to the general area it will be easy to follow instructions and there will be plenty of stewarts on duty.. Mini buses will be shuttling people to and from house. These are the only details I have so far heard. I will post more as I hear it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

It's a wonderful measure, not just of the genuine affection in which beautiful Michaela was universally held, but also of the GAA as family that Michaela's tragic death has reaffirmed, once again.

We may remonstrate and accuse, sometimes bitterly, sometimes intemperately, as part of the daily and weekly cut and thrust of our great games; at times (apparently) implacably opposed to cyber-representatives of our one-time on-field opposition.  An event such as this, however, only shows that up as the utterly forgettable and frivolous family in-fighting that it most assuredly is.

It has been extremely heartening and uplifting to see the genuine outpouring of grief for Michaela and concern for her people, from all quarters, bar none, for a very special person.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

020304 Tir Eoghain

Aoise

Her body is back in Irish soil while her soul is no doubt in heaven - Rest In Peace young lady.

HIGH BALL CENTRE FIELD

My sincere sympathy to John and the Harte family.

May God help to lighten the load of grief and sadness for John, Mickey, Marian and the Harte family and all who mourn Michaela's death and give you all consolation during these extremely sad days.

RIP

blanketattack

I would love not to see a single photo or second of video camera footage of the wake, the removal or the funeral but unfortunately these days the media have no morales and no doubt there will be a huge presence of photographers, reporters and cameramen at the funeral taking close-up photos of the grieving families.

EC Unique

Quote from: blanketattack on January 14, 2011, 02:21:04 PM
I would love not to see a single photo or second of video camera footage of the wake, the removal or the funeral but unfortunately these days the media have no morales and no doubt there will be a huge presence of photographers, reporters and cameramen at the funeral taking close-up photos of the grieving families.

I can assure you that efforts will be made to keep them at a respectfull distance but as you say they have no morales. A money shot is all they want. :-[

020304 Tir Eoghain

I believe the cortege is now on its way down the M1.

Baile an tuaigh

My family and neighbors are going to the wake. People should leave earlier to avoid the crowds. If I didn't reside in Chicago I would be there. Tough times a head for the families.