CONNACHT FINAL ROS v SLIGO 18th July 2010

Started by Rossfan, June 28, 2010, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: ross4life on July 23, 2010, 09:44:52 PM
Quote from: mannix on July 23, 2010, 09:25:30 PM
What Mayo man or woman really cares about the connaught title? 39 or forty of them and only 3 of the titles that mean anything at senior level.

You would care more if you didn't win so many or have a long famine without one

I care about them. If we could a couple back to back it would be a sign we were developing a serious team that could maybe compete for an AI. We cant build a team by losing our first round and going out in the first round of the qualifiers. When we cant win Connacht we are not in a good place. One of the reasons we haven't won an AI in so long was because even when we had strong teams we found it difficult to put titles in province back to back.
We ve never shown any interest in qualifier route - and for this successive managements must take the blame. This years showing in Longford was worse than usual. If Mayo doesn't care about Connacht then it looks like it doesn't care about AIs either with performances like that. Mayo need to win Connachts to progress. Losing 2 championship matches this summer did not progess our younger players a bit. I m sure the next manager will be targeting a Connacht next year.

ross4life

Quote from: mannix on July 23, 2010, 11:01:22 PM
ross4life, you are probably right. Still, can you see my point.

Kinda, Mayo had more that enough chance's to win another All Ireland in recent years, i was in croker when ye beat Kerry 96 Tyrone 04 & Dublin 06 i can't help feeling you peaked before the finals

i Think Moysider is right key to success might be winning back to back titles (for Mayo)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shrewdness

Donal Shine, Kevin Higgins and Paul Garvey now have the full set of Connacht Winners medals at Minor, Junior, Under 21 and Senior. Great achievement for 21 year olds.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mannix on July 23, 2010, 09:25:30 PM
What Mayo man or woman really cares about the connaught title? 39 or forty of them and only 3 of the titles that mean anything at senior level.

mannix,!!
I don't think a single Mayo lad or lassie gives a damn about Connaught titles but some just might about Connacht ones.
BTW; Don't we have 42 of them yokes?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi