USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Onwards and upwards, though safe to say that we'll need to be a bit more switched on from the throw-in for the final.

Any word on Stevie's injury?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM
Onwards and upwards, though safe to say that we'll need to be a bit more switched on from the throw-in for the final.

Any word on Stevie's injury?

Heard it was his heal and nothing serious. Anyone confirm this?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

longrunsthefox

Hope it is Monaghan..will be a tough, tight game. The final last year was awful...over in 15 minutes. Fermanagh would be the same.

StGallsGAA

QuoteHope it is Monaghan..will be a tough, tight game. The final last year was awful...over in 15 minutes. Fermanagh would be the same.

So that's Fermanagh beaten in both games then!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 20, 2010, 07:31:06 PM
QuoteHope it is Monaghan..will be a tough, tight game. The final last year was awful...over in 15 minutes. Fermanagh would be the same.

Eh? It is very clear what I said. Antrim = crap  Fermanagh = crap. Monaghan would give Tyrone a good game.

imtommygunn

That has to be the most condescending post I have ever read on this board.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 20, 2010, 08:45:14 PM

It's the truth. Antrim in Ulster final was over in 15 minutes last year and Fermanagh would be the same. Galls man wanted it spelled out... be careful what you ask for  ;)

under the bar

Eh? It is very clear what I said. Antrim = crap  Fermanagh = crap. Monaghan would give Tyrone a good game.

At least Antrim pushed Kerry all the way in their last championship meeting unlike yourselves... ;)

haranguerer

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 20, 2010, 08:34:06 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 20, 2010, 07:31:06 PM

You're bound to get your wish then - as fermanagh are crap, monaghan are bound to beat them easily...

imtommygunn

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 20, 2010, 08:51:27 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 20, 2010, 08:45:14 PM

It's the truth. Antrim in Ulster final was over in 15 minutes last year and Fermanagh would be the same. Galls man wanted it spelled out... be careful what you ask for  ;)

All I ask for is that in the next few months an attitude like that comes back to haunt you  ;)

longrunsthefox

Quote from: under the bar on June 20, 2010, 09:00:42 PM

At least Antrim pushed Kerry all the way in their last championship meeting unlike yourselves... ;)

Ourselves beat Kerry in our last three championship meetings  :D

Maguire01

It's funny how if you 'big up' the smaller teams before a game you're a 'cute hoor' or patronising, yet when someone says something like this they're condescending. You just can't win!

I'd have to agree with longrunsthefox. Fermanagh might beat Monaghan next week but I could definitely see Monaghan giving Tyrone a better run in the final than Fermanagh.

haranguerer

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 20, 2010, 09:51:31 PM
It's funny how if you 'big up' the smaller teams before a game you're a 'cute hoor' or patronising, yet when someone says something like this they're condescending. You just can't win!

I'd have to agree with longrunsthefox. Fermanagh might beat Monaghan next week but I could definitely see Monaghan giving Tyrone a better run in the final than Fermanagh.

:D By virtue of what - your crystal ball?

When are Monaghan people going to realise they're no good? In this - their golden era, each year they'll have one decent win, 'put-it-up-to' a big team (by virtue of being dirty bastards), still get beat, and believe that if they'd beat said team they'd also have beat every other team said team beat to win AI.

I love following Fermanagh, because any win they have is unexpected. Of course we get a little carried away, but nothing compared to the delusions a lot of monaghan ones seem to have. Mebbe theres something in those mushrooms...
Btw, the game v monaghan is exactly 50:50 imo.

armaghniac

Quotethe game v monaghan is exactly 50:50 imo.

If you believe that I suggest that you get on to your bookie right away, they don't think so.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haranguerer

I know that...I'll have a few quid on, but not much, because even if they are overpriced, I still make it evens they'll get beat