American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Definitely not you. It's one of the reasons I use the red button, to skip to the other game whenever he opens his pie hole. It's one thing I love about NASN, no faux-yank British commentators or analysts, just the normal American pre-game and post game studios and guests. It's not exactly Opening night at the Paladium either, but at least they are Yanks, talking to Yanks.

turk

I saw the big furry fellow, Cecil on Sunday.

Who was the other tool they used to have on last year as an analyst, he was terrible, Jesse or somthing

Balboa

Quote from: turk on November 02, 2007, 11:30:57 AM
I saw the big furry fellow, Cecil on Sunday.

Who was the other tool they used to have on last year as an analyst, he was terrible, Jesse or somthing

Ther big furry fella isnt too bad because he played the game he can give a bit of insight, he was an Offensive Lineman i think. Kevin Cadle is an absolute balloon, you get at least 5 times a show when his autocue breaks down and he just stares at the camera...........

thejuice

Nick Halling: ugh, when I heard him say while commentating on a Bengals game he said "TJ Whosyamama" for TJ Housmanzadah. I almost got sick. Give it up lad. Cant wait to see TV3's coverage, just for a laugh. wonder will they do an ITV (John Barnes!, Gabby, Martin Johnson). Is it on air yet?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

ANYWAY!!!!

More Importantly, This weekend.

Indianapolis Colts Vs New England Patriots

Brady Vs Manning

Moss Vs Harrison

Unbeaten Vs Unbeaten

I cant wait!!!

Slightly favour Patriots. Colts are beating everyone whereas Patriots have detroyed everyone. But Colts have won this duel the last 3 times. I think this will come down to creating serious pressure on the QB. the WR are almost impossible to cover. And dont worry too much about the running game. Get in Brady or Mannings face and force mistakes. Not easy against 2 solid O-Lines but thats all they can do.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Is it in Indy this weekend? I think it is. I actually fancy the Colts. When you've been blowing out everybody, sometimes it's hard to win a close game. I think it could be high scoring though. I'll say Indy 35 - 31

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: thejuice on November 02, 2007, 12:05:23 PM
Nick Halling: ugh, when I heard him say while commentating on a Bengals game he said "TJ Whosyamama" for TJ Housmanzadah. I almost got sick. Give it up lad. Cant wait to see TV3's coverage, just for a laugh. wonder will they do an ITV (John Barnes!, Gabby, Martin Johnson). Is it on air yet?

Watched the show last night and its just a straight show from America showing highlights.  Whether TV3 will have their own show with their own people I doubt it very much.

BallyhaiseMan

i think Nick Halling is a good commentator,
Him and Kevin Cadle do a good job  in my opinion.

turk

I like Kevin and Nick aswell.

Remember when itv had the superbowl. they had martin johnson and some lad that played for the philadelphia eagles in the studio. Johnson was an excellent analyst. He was pointing out about the strengths and weaknesses of the offensive line, bad play calling etc and stuff you might not have noticed. Yer man from the eagles, he looked like yer man out of outkast, and didn't have much to contribute. i can't think of his name

Great Leap Forward

Whosyamama is a pet name Chad Johnson gave TJ a while back so Halling probably thought he was being funny by repeating it. Unfortunately #85 is a hard act to follow.

magickingdom

the patriots have covered the spread in every game this year (+5 this w/e) so go hit the bookies!

pga q school is on this w/e also and if anyone wants to follow bray's keith nolan's effort to get a card its here

http://pgatq.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/pgatq7/event/pgatq713/contest/1/leaderboard.htm?sort=place

he's in good shape after 3 rounds - tied 9th. top 26 plus ties get to the 2nd stage (3 stages in all)

magickingdom

big game is on sky sports 2 tonight at 9.15. heard on newstalk that 'total access' in the states did a non-stop 36 hour build up! heres a 2 min 50 sec one..

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803db328

stew

Quote from: magickingdom on November 02, 2007, 09:14:47 PM
the patriots have covered the spread in every game this year (+5 this w/e) so go hit the bookies!

pga q school is on this w/e also and if anyone wants to follow bray's keith nolan's effort to get a card its here

http://pgatq.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/pgatq7/event/pgatq713/contest/1/leaderboard.htm?sort=place

he's in good shape after 3 rounds - tied 9th. top 26 plus ties get to the 2nd stage (3 stages in all)

I am a patriots fan and have been for many years, they are the best team ever in my opinion and if they did manage to win tonight they will go undefeated in all likelyhood.

That said the Colts are brilliant themselves and I see them beating the Pats today, probably by a field goal, this will be some kind of game, a high scoring affair will suit the Patriots better than the colts.

Prediction. Colts 24 Pats 21.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Quote from: stew on November 04, 2007, 04:13:00 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on November 02, 2007, 09:14:47 PM

I am a patriots fan and have been for many years, they are the best team ever in my opinion and if they did manage to win tonight they will go undefeated in all likelyhood.

That said the Colts are brilliant themselves and I see them beating the Pats today, probably by a field goal, this will be some kind of game, a high scoring affair will suit the Patriots better than the colts.

Prediction. Colts 24 Pats 21.

Im a fatalist fan myself when my teams are playing, but I cant see anyone beating the patriots. Brady is just immense this year. Randy moss, Vrabel, all in all too much firepower.
Ill stand to be corrected in a couple of hours however. Hopefully not.

stew

At the start of the year I put a hundred on the Pats to win the superbowl and the Red sox to win the World series. When I found saw that the Celtics picked up ray Allen I knew they were going to break the bank to get Garnett so i stuck a hundred on them as well, they will take some stopping.

No matter what happens i am up money and who knows, the way the Bruins are going Boston could hold all four titles in the four top sports, how great would that be. 8)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.