Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

His story of the crash and afters was harrowing, the memories couldn't have been good for the soul.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 17, 2020, 12:17:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on February 17, 2020, 10:00:21 AM
QuoteI'm Henry Gregg, 34 Windsor Avenue, who played football. Who was useful at it on good days and rubbish at it on bad days. That's what I want to be remembered for - not something that happened on the spur of the moment."

A man with no ego, he always looked to me as though he carried a great weight on his shoulders.....

I'd say the memories of what he saw in Munich were pretty stark. He saved a lot of lives that day and could only be described as an absolute hero. RIP Harry Gregg
Absolutely and losing his wife and daughter to cancer at a young age added to his awful memories. What a legend. Gone but never forgotten.

Cunny Funt

Great cross by Wan-Bissaka and header by Martial. The only real bit of quality in uneventful half of football. Bailly back after a long lay off and did well in that 1st half

laoislad

Some joke that McGuire wasn't sent off.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on February 17, 2020, 08:56:57 PM
Some joke that McGuire wasn't sent off.

Goal should have stood as well!

Milltown Row2

Jesus Utd all over Chelsea! Some dive early on, well spotted by ref and carded accordingly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Helix.

Take that win tonight! Here's hoping get some sort of a winning run over next few weeks!

GJL

Cunny Funt

A first league double over Chelsea since 1988.

A good a much needed win for United in venue that's a real bogey ground for United in the PL.  Got a bit of luck on that first Chelsea goal getting disallowed but Williams was pushed to the ground. 2nd goal chalked off was offside.

Great timing for Maguires first league goal. Bruno Fernandes with his first assist and unlucky he didn't score when his free kick came off the post. Ighalo close to a debut goal also.

As for Chelsea they are only 4th because of Uniteds lack of consistency and lucky for them United are unlikely to hit a consistent run of form for the remaining 12 games.

BennyCake

In Ole we trust.

And VAR of course.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on February 17, 2020, 10:10:22 PM
In Ole we trust.

And VAR of course.

VAR works.

Chelsea may feel hard done by, but a push and offside were plain

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2020, 10:15:34 PM
In Ole we trust.

And VAR of course.

VAR works.

Which push?

Fred's one on Azpilecueta or the resultant one on Williams.

Ludicrous decision.

On the other hand, I thought the one NOT to send off Maguire was probably justified.

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on February 18, 2020, 12:41:17 AM
In Ole we trust.

And VAR of course.

VAR works.

Which push?

Ludicrous decision.

On the other hand, I thought the one NOT to send off Maguire was probably justified.

Strange one last night. The Fred push probably goes unpunished in the majority of cases , especially in the box unless the player goes to ground. However there is no question that Fred's actions is what cause Azpilucetta to "foul" Williams. On that basis you cannot let the goal stand so do you award a penalty to Chelsea?

Red card decision I am not sure about. Probably was on the basis that Son got a three game ban for something similar but there wasnt much in it for me.

NAG1

Quote from: J70 on February 18, 2020, 12:41:17 AM
In Ole we trust.

And VAR of course.

VAR works.

Which push?

Ludicrous decision.

Fred jostled him as is the norm for 99.9% of corners in the EPL or football in general, the Chelsea player then placed two hands on Williams back and pushed, don't think they come any clearer than that.

Geoff Tipps

Good win for United. Bad as they are they'll get 4th.