www.retrogaa.com

Started by Zulu, August 15, 2008, 11:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 22, 2009, 12:30:57 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2009, 11:59:41 PM
I asked the feckers to do a 1956 Tyrone geansai. All you needed was a big feckin badly-drawn hand on one side.

Not interested in less than 500 units. I wanted to do jerseys for the surviving members of the 1905 Peadar O'Neill Crowley's championship winning team, but the retro boys wanted me to commit to 500. Didn't deal.

:o surviving players of teh 1905 team??  :o

meathie

yes got 2 last year, still on the go, great jerseys. thought I was gonna be great with my retro jersey for the season until I turned up and saw every second Meath fan had the same!

saffron sam2

Quote from: donelli on May 22, 2009, 09:41:57 AM
I asked the feckers to do a 1956 Tyrone geansai. All you needed was a big feckin badly-drawn hand on one side.

Not interested in less than 500 units. I wanted to do jerseys for the surviving members of the 1905 Peadar O'Neill Crowley's championship winning team, but the retro boys wanted me to commit to 500. Didn't deal.

Yip, there weren't enough for it to viable for retrogaa (to make the jerseys). I can't remember exactly how many survivors there were, but it was certainly less than the necessary 500.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

armagh leg-end

lads anyone with a jersey can they tell me if they are big fitting?
Ard Mhacha Abu

Fear ón Srath Bán

Just took delivery of one today ale (Tyrone '86), and the medium is not particularly big fitting - a smaller fit than the GAA jerseys proper. Other than that it seems to be a top-class product.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Son_of_Sam

I bought one of the Mayo 1950 ALL-IRELAND CHAMPIONS jersies, well impressed with it. Can be worn as a jersey or a light jumper. GREAT  :)

donelli

i bought one. well pleased with it.
size wise, the retros are a size up from teh oneills. an oneills medium would be equivilent to a retro large.

saffron sam2

Latest product.

The retro hoodie.

http://www.retrogaa.com/index.php?cPath=105

Can be personalised (or clubilised if such a word existed) to any club on production of a valid jpeg. No minimum orders required.

Saw one on Saturday. Looks the part and, if previous testimonials are to be believed, will walk the walk.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

trileacman

Wan of Thon Jedward cubs have an 83 Dublin one that they wore during thon show (seriously) Made me like da wee pukes oddly enough, I mean fair play to him for wearing it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on November 25, 2009, 10:10:51 PM
Still waiting for the aul Rossa jersey to come out. Always wanted one of those.

They come in small, medium and Yash.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dublinnative

When I ordered a jersey off them, I signed up to the Newsletter.

I was sent this out last week NEWSITE discount code gets you 10% off everything

whitey

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on May 29, 2009, 09:39:47 AM
I bought one of the Mayo 1950 ALL-IRELAND CHAMPIONS jersies, well impressed with it. Can be worn as a jersey or a light jumper. GREAT  :)

Dont mean to turn a positive thread into a negative one, but who the hell authoruzed the co. board to change the Mayo crest a few years ago. the new crest looks like something that won first prize in a national school art contest.  For a county with such  great tradition and passion for the game I was dunbfounded when I heard about it!!! (PS Its Thanksgiving and I have had a few)

ballinaman

Quote from: whitey on November 27, 2009, 12:17:01 AM
Quote from: Son_of_Sam on May 29, 2009, 09:39:47 AM

Dont mean to turn a positive thread into a negative one, but who the hell authoruzed the co. board to change the Mayo crest a few years ago. the new crest looks like something that won first prize in a national school art contest.  For a county with such  great tradition and passion for the game I was dunbfounded when I heard about it!!! (PS Its Thanksgiving and I have had a few)

Lots of county Crests were changed around the same time. Basically the county boards have the sole rights to the new crest design for printing on merchandise, any tom dick or harry could have slapped it on a flag before and made a few quid.....Changed for money reasons basically.

dublinnative

Heard these guys are running a competition on Today FM on the Breakfast show, think its every morning this week.  Definately worth an entry...€300 worth of Prizes

Linda

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 22, 2009, 02:01:00 PM
Quote from: donelli on May 22, 2009, 09:41:57 AM

Yip, there weren't enough for it to viable for retrogaa (to make the jerseys). I can't remember exactly how many survivors there were, but it was certainly less than the necessary 500.

My grandfather, John Hughes, was a full-back for the Peadar O'Neill Crowley's from 1902 to 1907.  His obituary said that he was "the greatest Antrim full-back in hurling or football of his generation."  Do you know where can I get more information and maybe photos of the team?  Thank you for any help you can give.