Hoganstand GAA Quiz

Started by youbetterbelieveit, December 20, 2006, 10:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Fearon

Good man! May the potholes on your road be shallow and non detrimental to your tyres :)

Gold

Antrim and rossa camog who scored 4-5

Jane Adams
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tony Fearon

Nearly there already! Help would be gratefully appreciated with the following outstanding conundrums which have defied all googling attempts ;D.

The name of the Kilkenny Intermediate Hurling Championship trophy.

The winners of the Senior AI Hurling Vocational Schools title (ie County)

The name of the father and son as regards the former Meath Footballer of the Year who had a son on last year's Dublin panel.

The common link between the Cork goalkeeper, full back line and left half back on their 1952 AI Hurling Final team

Blue06

I will trade with you Tony.

I need the answers to the following.

30) Tipperary had two brother and sister combinations involved in the All-Ireland senior camogie and under 21 hurling finals, both held in Croke Park on Sunday September 10th, two boys with the hurlers and two ladies on the camogie team. Name them?

46) The Wicklow senior camogie champions for 2006 boasted two different sets of sisters and two first cousins. Name the club?

52) This former Dublin footballer and official will act as an advisor to the Dublin minor team in 2007. Who is he?

84) This famous footballer who had a long association with the sea, played against his native Galway for Dublin in the All-Ireland senior football final of 1942?

Tony Fearon

Blue. I can help you will all 4 (Though on the assumption that you are a Dub I'm surprised that you are unaware thatb Heffo will be assisting the Dublin Minors in 2007).

Do you want to do this by pm or email?

Blue06

Put them on here Tony shure we are all friends.

My title refers to the Breffni Blues not that other pale version.

The name of the Kilkenny Intermediate Hurling Championship trophy.
The Hanrahan Cup.  courtesy of the clare hurlers forum

The winners of the Senior AI Hurling Vocational Schools title (ie County)
Galway.  this site though I am afraid I can't verify this one.

The name of the father and son as regards the former Meath Footballer of the Year who had a son on last year's Dublin panel.
Paddy Christie article on Hogan Stand

The common link between the Cork goalkeeper, full back line and left half back on their 1952 AI Hurling Final team
The same 5 played in the same positions in 52, 53 & 54 All Ireland Final wins again hoganstand.