The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: Jinxy on May 29, 2017, 09:11:15 AM
I watched the intro last night and switched it off almost immediately.
No interest in Des Cahill trying to turn TSG into soccer AM with his 'banter'.
Also, they've obviously re-jigged the look of the show to resonate with simpletons who spend most of their lives on social media.
No doubt that's the result of some focus group or other.
I do not care for it one bit.

But Dessie is a real celebrity now after Dancing with the Stars.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

sambostar

I've series record set on TSG, watched Down game live earlier & couldn't believe the standard of commentary so just gone back to check some of it now. Here's Martin Carney when asked to build up the game just prior to throw-in:
"Look at Down for openers, like in the last 3 years, they've played something I think like 7 games and in championship, they've only won 1 & that was eh eh against Leitrim I think in qualifiers"
WTF is that for delivery, it's a f*cking joke that we pay a license fee to listen to this chancer. Have Down played 7 games with only 1 championship win in last 3 years or is this what Martin thinks?? These are simple facts which should be easily delivered by someone with any competence. RTE are sadly lacking in this

imtommygunn

Tsg with des cahill in charge is really just fit for recording and fast forwarding through the crap to see the actual matches and that is it. Has been for years.

Brolly is full of crap, tomas o'se is heading that way too. Whelan or dolan aren't great either. Cahill wants banter and/or controversy.

The whole thing needs rethought and a whole new cast entirely but no one ever seems accountable for anything on the show as it is all we've got so still gets viewing figures.

omagh_gael

After Shane O'Donnell's post match interview Des, classy as ever, just said "...the big smily head on him!" Jaysus, fecking Christ this is brutal.

Did anyone notice the banger going off at full time? Some noise off it, the whole terrace behind the goals will need fresh drawers after that!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 04, 2017, 10:31:59 PM
After Shane O'Donnell's post match interview Des, classy as ever, just said "...the big smily head on him!" Jaysus, fecking Christ this is brutal.

Did anyone notice the banger going off at full time? Some noise off it, the whole terrace behind the goals will need fresh drawers after that!
Unfortunately I'm without a tv. Doesn't seem I'm missing much with the shit that Des has said that's posted on this board.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: sambostar on June 04, 2017, 10:02:05 PM
I've series record set on TSG, watched Down game live earlier & couldn't believe the standard of commentary so just gone back to check some of it now. Here's Martin Carney when asked to build up the game just prior to throw-in:
"Look at Down for openers, like in the last 3 years, they've played something I think like 7 games and in championship, they've only won 1 & that was eh eh against Leitrim I think in qualifiers"
WTF is that for delivery, it's a f*cking joke that we pay a license fee to listen to this chancer. Have Down played 7 games with only 1 championship win in last 3 years or is this what Martin thinks?? These are simple facts which should be easily delivered by someone with any competence. RTE are sadly lacking in this

Was he wrong?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Tubberman on June 04, 2017, 10:40:55 PM
Quote from: sambostar on June 04, 2017, 10:02:05 PM

Was he wrong?

Unfortunately not.

sambostar

It's not whether he's wrong or not, he's meant to be delivering facts or stats but he can't even put it into a coherent sentence. He says he thinks they beat Letrim, either they did or didn't & you've had all week to do your research. And the constant "eh, like, eh" is embarassingly amateurish

Tubberman

Quote from: sambostar on June 04, 2017, 11:01:09 PM
It's not whether he's wrong or not, he's meant to be delivering facts or stats but he can't even put it into a coherent sentence. He says he thinks they beat Letrim, either they did or didn't & you've had all week to do your research. And the constant "eh, like, eh" is embarassingly amateurish

OK but that seems minor in comparison to some of the other faults the programme has

sambostar

Quote from: Tubberman on June 04, 2017, 11:09:47 PM

OK but that seems minor in comparison to some of the other faults the programme has
That's just 1 example of many. Ger Canning is rubbish too, he referred to Jarlath Burns as ex Down captain at 1 stage. They should both be dispensed with, it's a woeful standard.

sambostar

And it's not a minor issue that the "expert" analyst can't string a sensible coherent sentence together

OgraAnDun

Quote from: sambostar on June 04, 2017, 11:19:00 PM

That's just 1 example of many. Ger Canning is rubbish too, he referred to Jarlath Burns as ex Down captain at 1 stage. They should both be dispensed with, it's a woeful standard.

Kevin McKernan also "ruined the game" for doing something that Armagh were castigated for not doing against Tipp.

mrdeeds

Spillane and O Rourke. Holy fook. Taking some shite.

Tubberman

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 04, 2017, 11:23:14 PM
Spillane and O Rourke. Holy fook. Taking some shite.

And the presenter talking more shite than the pair of them

mrdeeds

Spillane goes to say something and interrupts himself.