Best memory of the Championship so far

Started by meathie, July 24, 2007, 01:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 24, 2007, 04:57:10 PM
Ok its half bold.  :-\

Grand i'll be able too sleep tonight now i won't have to worry about getting gunned down gangland style for upsetting the Dubs :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tyrone Dreamer

From a Tyrone point of view Mulgrews goal against Donegal. Showed we were finally back on form. Doohers ovation wasnt bad either - deserved it big time. Just hope his injury doesnt restrict him from here on in. Id say Derry's moment of the year wasnt Muldoons goal but Devlins point against Armagh - in fact id say there was no contest. Seeing the joy from the Sligo people including O'Hara and the kit man was great to.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Loup Bandit on July 24, 2007, 01:54:53 PM
I also thought Sligo's win was worth a mention, but for me as a Derry man, it was Enda Muldoon's chipped goal against Mayo in the qualifiers. Something special!  ;D

That was the nail.

dubsnsubs

Bernard Brogans goal for me too and even though I dont like any other counties I have to admit Sligo brought a small grin to my face. Hope they reach the semis now!

DUBSFORSAM1

Sligo winning Connaught
Monaghan beating Derry
Derry beating Armagh
Waterford beating Clare
Dublin winning Leinster

Loup Bandit

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 24, 2007, 07:20:18 PM
Quote from: Loup Bandit on July 24, 2007, 01:54:53 PM
I also thought Sligo's win was worth a mention, but for me as a Derry man, it was Enda Muldoon's chipped goal against Mayo in the qualifiers. Something special!  ;D

That was the nail.

Didnt mean for that to be the nail in the coffin Fishead!  :D
A super bit of skill though im sure you will agree, not something you see every weekend!

Also on the same game as some one mentioned, McGarrity's introduction was very heartening, fair play to him!

timmyot501

Ciaran Hanrattys first goal against Down. It was a good move and a deadly finish.

Slogo's win against Galway

SuperHans

Sorry Ziggy i completely condone violence on the pitch, it adds nothing to the excitement or atmosphere and doesnt belong in our gentlemanly game

we are blue... etc

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 24, 2007, 04:44:08 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2007, 04:40:58 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 24, 2007, 04:37:29 PM
Fergal Byron wacking Jason Sherlock as he came out to collect a ball ;)

Not good either  >:(

It's been a bad year Ziggy i can't think of any other high points for Laois...Ask me again saturday night after we wooop Derry's arses

Was that as good as it got for us Laoislad? Munnelly's goal against Dublin was savage craic when it happened but of course it doesn't seem like a highlight now. Very underwhelming year for Laois Laois Laois. Is getting to a Leinster final an underachievement?

O'Hara's goal was the top one for me so far. The Munster football final would also be up there, a really cracking game of football.

In Hurling it has to be the look Babs gave Richie Bennis when he threw his arm around him in the post-second-match interview. I'm still laughing about it.

meathie

Just thought I would resurrect this again and see if there are any changes. Still enjoyed Sligos title and now for me, Meaths win over Tyrone has taken over the Galway one  ;D The second the ref blew the whistle in that game at the end was my best moment so far. Also Limerick winning in a way. Even though I support Waterford in hurling I couldnt but be happy for Limerick.

Tankie

Beating Meath always has to be a top memory in any Dublin supports memory.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Uladh

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 17, 2007, 08:09:57 PM
Derrys winning score against Armagh, no one, including myself gave Derry a chance, they ended up a kick of a ball away from an All Ireland semi final and I even got a day out in croker to watch them against the Dubs. Hopefully Down will be back next year.

That can't be right... i collected a tidy sum on that one

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'll save Mike Sheehy the bother (just in case some people get the wrong idea that he's anti-Tyrone or something equally outlandish): the final whistle in the Meath vs Tyrone clash, oh what unbridled joy!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sligeach

Waterford vs Cork, Limerick vs Tipp and most definately Limerick vs Waterford. Just for the sheer fight in the Limerick players.

Sligos Connacht win though ;)

oakleaf stateside

Quote from: Davitt Man on July 24, 2007, 02:38:50 PM
Ronan McGarrity coming on as a sub for Mayo against Cavan only 6 months after he was diagnosed with testicular cancer
lived and played with ronan in newyork a nice lad he is. glad to c him pull through
Dont Do It