Football Rule Changes

Started by trileacman, October 01, 2017, 04:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchard park

Quote from: under the bar on October 01, 2017, 09:20:09 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 01, 2017, 06:18:16 PM
Maybe the next rule change will be to exclude Dublin from the championship on the strength of them being far too good for the opposition.
The kick-out change should be called the Cluxton rule.

Sorry Stephen you've been the best goalkeeper in the history of the game but we have to bring in a rule change because you're too good. Next year can you please be a little bit shitter then everyone else and give them a chance like a good little boy.

It would be a better rule of the GAA put a stop to Dublin's financial doping which  allows their players to be professionals in all but name.  Why does every other county player have to get up for work on a Monday while the Dublin squad can head to Coppers knowing they can have the week of of they want?  That and never having to play an away championship game in over 5 years is a f**king joke.

What a load of utter shite....... back it up with hard facts..... I'll throw you Cluxton, Flynn, Fenton, fitzsimons, O'Sullivan,  McMahon, Cooper, bastick, mcauley, Mccaffrey, Callaghan,  Andrews, Connolly  as names who disprove your assertions  about a week off

longballin

Quote from: Orchard park on October 01, 2017, 10:50:43 PM
Quote from: under the bar on October 01, 2017, 09:20:09 PM
Maybe the next rule change will be to exclude Dublin from the championship on the strength of them being far too good for the opposition.

Sorry Stephen you've been the best goalkeeper in the history of the game but we have to bring in a rule change because you're too good. Next year can you please be a little bit shitter then everyone else and give them a chance like a good little boy.

It would be a better rule of the GAA put a stop to Dublin's financial doping which  allows their players to be professionals in all but name.  Why does every other county player have to get up for work on a Monday while the Dublin squad can head to Coppers knowing they can have the week of of they want?  That and never having to play an away championship game in over 5 years is a f**king joke.

What a load of utter shite....... back it up with hard facts..... I'll throw you Cluxton, Flynn, Fenton, fitzsimons, O'Sullivan,  McMahon, Cooper, bastick, mcauley, Mccaffrey, Callaghan,  Andrews, Connolly  as names who disprove your assertions  about a week off

It's excuses from counties who should be doing much better. Man up!

TheGreatest

The only way to beat Dublin and Cluxton is to change the rules, sounds like cheating to me. Its also cowardly.

I wonder did the delegates discuss with their county keepers regarding this.

Good people are trying to modernise the game, the dinosaurs in Croke Park want to bring it back to the 70s.

TheGreatest

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 01, 2017, 09:42:44 PM
Financial Doping is the BIG Issue! F***ing S**tloads of money into one county and expecting all the rest to keep up with volunteers makes the whole thing farcical. Not to mention the HOME game farce we have to put up with every year.

Dublin are treated like royalty.

Some serious financial doping being done in Connaught, it a disgrace, wont some think of Leitrim please.

Mayo 1,632,448 compared to Leitrims  378,101. EUR

Crazy stuff.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 01, 2017, 08:28:17 PM

Those sideways kick outs don't require any skill and are an eyesore. Picking out a man in space 25-50 yards away is a great skill and nobody is better at it than Cluxton. This is a good rule change. We're losing nothing and gaining more contested kick outs.

Im usually not for rule changes, but i have to agree here.
I dont really see much of a down side to this one.If anything it will encourage teams to push up and contest kickouts.
I also dont see how it has really anything to do with cluxton, he is just one keeper of many who happens to use the really short kickout from time to time.
All this does is eliminate the sideways/ really short ones.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 02, 2017, 09:22:22 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on October 01, 2017, 08:28:17 PM

Those sideways kick outs don't require any skill and are an eyesore. Picking out a man in space 25-50 yards away is a great skill and nobody is better at it than Cluxton. This is a good rule change. We're losing nothing and gaining more contested kick outs.

Im usually not for rule changes, but i have to agree here.
I dont really see much of a down side to this one.If anything it will encourage teams to push up and contest kickouts.
I also dont see how it has really anything to do with cluxton, he is just one keeper of many who happens to use the really short kickout from time to time.
All this does is eliminate the sideways/ really short ones.

Should hopefully eliminate kick outs going out for a 45
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

AZOffaly

I don't think this goes against Cluxton. I don't remember too many of his kickouts being lateral. The Cork Mayo game was the one where it was most obvious. I don't think this is a bad rule.

general_lee

i think they should bring in a rule that for every rule change another cannot be made for at least 5 years.

Syferus

Quote from: TheGreatest on October 02, 2017, 09:17:09 AM
Financial Doping is the BIG Issue! F***ing S**tloads of money into one county and expecting all the rest to keep up with volunteers makes the whole thing farcical. Not to mention the HOME game farce we have to put up with every year.

Some serious financial doping being done in Connaught, it a disgrace, wont some think of Leitrim please.

Crazy stuff.

Didn't get the reaction you wanted I see. Might be time to try a new account again.

trileacman

Quote from: general_lee on October 02, 2017, 04:31:38 PM
i think they should bring in a rule that for every rule change another cannot be made for at least 5 years.

I'd have been in favour of that once but "change for change sake" is now the populist cry and there's no point in swimming against the tide of armchair experts. I'd propose that rules changes should be mandatory every 12 months rising to every 6 months after 3 years. Maybe if we bastardise the game with soccer/Afl/rugby rules often enough people will eventually be forced to accept the game for what it is instead of trying to create some Corinthian utopia of sporting excellence in a game between Carlow and Leitrim.

I'm deadly serious about that. People are now so convinced with "change" and progress" that the only way to tackle it is to go far beyond they're own suggestions in a race to the bottom. Hence I'm advocating lowering the voting age to anyone fit to mark a legible x on a ballot paper.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Esmarelda

Not a rule change as such, but what do people think about the extra extra-time periods and the prospect of free-taking to decide championship games?

I'm pretty sure these were passed at congress but there's been no chat on here about them.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 02, 2017, 05:17:42 PM
Not a rule change as such, but what do people think about the extra extra-time periods and the prospect of free-taking to decide championship games?

I'm pretty sure these were passed at congress but there's been no chat on here about them.
The extra periods of extra time probably no harm but lose a championship game maybe even AI with free taking will be awful.

criostlinn

Crazy stuff.

Look, I know you're not the sharpest tool in the box and with the big step up into secondary school, things cant be easy for you but surely to god even you can figure out why a team who played in the championship over 3 months longer then the other may spend more money.

And that's simplifying it for you. I wouldn't even dare ask you to consider other expenses like underage team, players TRAVELLING to training, stays in Dublin for matches in croke park, etc etc.

Instead of all this money been pumped into Dublin GAA I think consideration should be put into spending a few more bob on the education system in the capital.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: criostlinn on October 02, 2017, 05:45:17 PM

Crazy stuff.

Look, I know you're not the sharpest tool in the box and with the big step up into secondary school, things cant be easy for you but surely to god even you can figure out why a team who played in the championship over 3 months longer then the other may spend more money.

And that's simplifying it for you. I wouldn't even dare ask you to consider other expenses like underage team, players TRAVELLING to training, stays in Dublin for matches in croke park, etc etc.

Instead of all this money been pumped into Dublin GAA I think consideration should be put into spending a few more bob on the education system in the capital.

We Dubs may not match up to the academic excellence of the average Mayo man - but we are All Ireland champions   :P
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Bord na Mona man

I'd outlaw the 2 handed push in goals.
There is little skill involved and they look ugly. Some of them are borderline throws.

A new rule should insist that only one hand makes contact with the ball with a clean striking action.