Black Ball

Started by Dinny Breen, September 28, 2017, 07:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: bennydorano on September 28, 2017, 05:02:22 PM
Some uncomfortable  viewing, Luke Fitzgerald v Kimmage in podcast - initiated because they got into a Twitter spat over the Dubs cheating. First time I've ever felt that Kimmage has been bested and left floundering tbh.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/the-left-wing/the-left-wing-listen-in-full-as-luke-fitzgerald-and-paul-kimmage-face-off-on-dublin-cheating-and-doping-in-sport-36177454.html
I'm really not sure what podcast you were listening to.

Kimmage calmly eviscerated Fitzgerald and poor Lukey was certainly metaphorically, perhaps literally gasping for air at the end of it. I'd say he'll be keeping the head down for a while after it but Kimmage may well have done for his fledgling media career right there.

Fitzgerald came across like a mixture of one of these pro-Trump INTERNET troll types who disintegrate like wet toilet roll when they have to actually debate, and a Fianna Failer on the back foot on the Vincent Browne show circa November 2010. A total lightweight.

His contribution was so cringe-inducing that it made for genuinely awkward listening.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: bennydorano on September 28, 2017, 05:48:49 PM
Kimmage is a Dub supporter too not a fly by night type so I'm sure he didn't say it lightly, dunno how much of a GAA man Fitzgerald is & I got the impression that he thought Kimmage was approaching the point as a 'cyclist who doped', not as a Gaa man.
He wanted Mayo to win before the All Ireland final was played when they didn't he went on bizarre rant. Strange support for Dublin there.

bennydorano

Quote from: sid waddell on September 29, 2017, 08:16:22 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 28, 2017, 05:02:22 PM
Some uncomfortable  viewing, Luke Fitzgerald v Kimmage in podcast - initiated because they got into a Twitter spat over the Dubs cheating. First time I've ever felt that Kimmage has been bested and left floundering tbh.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/the-left-wing/the-left-wing-listen-in-full-as-luke-fitzgerald-and-paul-kimmage-face-off-on-dublin-cheating-and-doping-in-sport-36177454.html
I'm really not sure what podcast you were listening to.

Kimmage calmly eviscerated Fitzgerald and poor Lukey was certainly metaphorically, perhaps literally gasping for air at the end of it. I'd say he'll be keeping the head down for a while after it but Kimmage may well have done for his fledgling media career right there.

Fitzgerald came across like a mixture of one of these pro-Trump INTERNET troll types who disintegrate like wet toilet roll when they have to actually debate, and a Fianna Failer on the back foot on the Vincent Browne show circa November 2010. A total lightweight.

His contribution was so cringe-inducing that it made for genuinely awkward listening.
The one on the link provided. Found out since this is an 8m version and the full interview was 44m, so maybe not a true reflection tbf. Views on the interview as per usual seem to the usual 2 camps, Kimmage minions & rugger buggers claiming victory.

Dinny Breen

As a rugger bugger PK made an eejit of LF but then I accept rugby has a drugs problem as do all sports including football and hurling. Human nature and the will to win as we saw with Keegan and those Dublin footballers will nearly always supersede morals and ethics. There is however different levels of cheating from sophisticated doping programs, to feigning injury, to ball tampering to deliberately injuring a player etc etc. In my opinion rules and laws of the game are there to provide a framework, you know in sport that if you break the rule/law there will be consequences, best example is probably in soccer, player is through on goal, last defender takes him out, straight red card, the player knows it, the ref knows it, everyone knows it, to me that is not cheating, it's playing the game within the framework.
#newbridgeornowhere

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 28, 2017, 03:01:55 PM
I think for a lot of these end of game fouls like happened in the AI final,we are trying to solve the wrong problem.
The object of dragging these men down and throwing the tee away etc is time wasting. If that is the case, the referee should be adding the time additional time on, which at the minute doesn't really happen.

if players thought that the time would be added on again anyway, there wouldn't really be any point in the time wasting.
Players do this to buy them time to get set up again and pick up any loose players. Not just to waste time. Adding on the time is no big deterrent, when you've illegally managed to stop a quick counter attack.
A free at the other end of the field for kicking away tees and blocking the kick out would be a bigger deterrent.

Rossfan

And good strong Refs who would implement that against the bigger teams and Authorities with the strength and balls to back them up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM