Ladies GAA Finals

Started by mrhardyannual, September 23, 2017, 12:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

I enjoyed the game and I certainly wouldn't say that he overall standard and skills on display were patchy at best. There were some very good players on the pitch. Some strong running, good tackling and some good finishing too 

sid waddell

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 26, 2017, 07:10:51 AM
I enjoyed the game and I certainly wouldn't say that he overall standard and skills on display were patchy at best. There were some very good players on the pitch. Some strong running, good tackling and some good finishing too
Your multiple uses of the word "some" would strongly indicate that you know full well that the overall standard and the skills on display were indeed patchy at best.

Zulu

I seem to recall the following from the men's All Ireland final -

Lee Keegan and Dean Rock dropping two easy score attempts short

Brian Fenton soloing the ball into Colm Boyles hands under no pressure

COC missing a free from in front of the posts

Doherty shooting one on one straight, more or less and at the perfect height for a save, at Cluxton

Paul Flynn missing a handy point

There's a few more I could add as well. And these are teams that have massive money pumped into theme and are a level above everyone else.

Like every other team sport, the men's is at a higher level but only the most churlish could claim there wasn't a very high level of football in that All Ireland final.

rosnarun

Quote from: ballinaman on September 25, 2017, 06:13:12 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 25, 2017, 05:44:25 PM
This was first ladies game I've watched this year i addition to the one I watched last year. Is Mayo's star forward always that greedy? I counted 6 wides and one shot dropped short in a 15 minute period either side of half time yesterday, it was a very similar performance to last years game when they were knocked out when she was attempting shots from ridiculous angles.
Yes

yes but when on form she'd beat dublin on her own  hence her 'Greed'

as regard the crowd a lot of it has to do with the effort of clubs around the country . 70 girls went on 2 buses from Durrow ballinamere and that was replicated all over the country and in dublin itsselfA reat case of getting priorities correct  as regard pricing ETC
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on September 25, 2017, 11:31:28 PM
An average figure of 410,000 viewed the final on a peripheral channel,  broadcasted in a 'foreign' language.

Of course when a subscription channel finally is allowed to get their exclusive hands on this particular lucrative franchise, add on some super duper chalk board punditry which  due to amazing advances in technology also  takes advantage of commenting on slow motion and freeze frames, astounding all and sundry, Croke Park will manage to reduce this viewing  figure from 400,000  to 10,000 and yet proclaim it to be a revolutionary watershed in the history of the  GAA and a resounding success.
Has some channel got exclusive rights to another GAA franchise? RTE Radio is it?

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on September 26, 2017, 11:08:01 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 26, 2017, 07:10:51 AM
Your multiple uses of the word "some" would strongly indicate that you know full well that the overall standard and the skills on display were indeed patchy at best.

You read too much into things mate.
But let's say you're right. That would be the same as a lot of men's games

Orior

Quote from: Zulu on September 26, 2017, 12:25:45 PM

Doherty shooting one on one straight, more or less and at the perfect height for a save, at Cluxton

There's a few more I could add as well. And these are teams that have massive money pumped into theme and are a level above everyone else.

Like every other team sport, the men's is at a higher level but only the most churlish could claim there wasn't a very high level of football in that All Ireland final.

Sure, but did any players get a marriage proposal after the men's AI final?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Syferus

Quote from: Orior on September 26, 2017, 11:18:11 PM
Quote from: Zulu on September 26, 2017, 12:25:45 PM

Sure, but did any players get a marriage proposal after the men's AI final?

Whether a joke or serious that sort of comment is seriously depressing to see.

Main Street

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 26, 2017, 04:40:35 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 25, 2017, 11:31:28 PM
An average figure of 410,000 viewed the final on a peripheral channel,  broadcasted in a 'foreign' language.

Of course when a subscription channel finally is allowed to get their exclusive hands on this particular lucrative franchise, add on some super duper chalk board punditry which  due to amazing advances in technology also  takes advantage of commenting on slow motion and freeze frames, astounding all and sundry, Croke Park will manage to reduce this viewing  figure from 400,000  to 10,000 and yet proclaim it to be a revolutionary watershed in the history of the  GAA and a resounding success.
Has some channel got exclusive rights to another GAA franchise? RTE Radio is it?
Has you got some serious question or is you just discharging an exclusive brain fart?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on September 25, 2017, 06:45:16 PM
This was first ladies game I've watched this year i addition to the one I watched last year. Is Mayo's star forward always that greedy? I counted 6 wides and one shot dropped short in a 15 minute period either side of half time yesterday, it was a very similar performance to last years game when they were knocked out when she was attempting shots from ridiculous angles.
Yes

It was born as much for her knowing for a decade and a half it was her or bust. Grace Kelly looks a real talent now, though.

No All star nomination for Grace Kelly. A bit of an over site there by the LGFA. One of Mayo's better players this year. 

Halfquarter

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 03, 2017, 08:19:09 PM
Yes

And how did Cork get nine nominations ?

It was born as much for her knowing for a decade and a half it was her or bust. Grace Kelly looks a real talent now, though.

No All star nomination for Grace Kelly. A bit of an over site there by the LGFA. One of Mayo's better players this year.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Halfquarter on October 04, 2017, 12:28:41 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 03, 2017, 08:19:09 PM
Yes

And how did Cork get nine nominations ?

Based on the Donegal and Cork games,  the non-selection of Grace Kelly does look poor. However, leaving that aside is the Ladies nominations where the league form is given weight not a better system than the men's where only the c/ship semi-finalists seem to be considered. Donegal, for instance, League finalists and c/ship quarter-finalists have 5 nominees. Mayo's league and Connacht c/ship were disastrous.