2017 Total Eclipse

Started by Shamrock Shore, August 20, 2017, 11:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Stew.

Are you in the Winnebago over to some part where there will be a total eclipse tomorrow?

Next full eclipse visible in Ireland (the very south) will be sometime on 23 Sep 2090

stew

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 20, 2017, 11:47:49 PM
Stew.

Are you in the Winnebago over to some part where there will be a total eclipse tomorrow?

Next full eclipse visible in Ireland (the very south) will be sometime on 23 Sep 2090

Wish I was Shore, I am stuck in Armagh, I have three friends heading south to experience it, complete with cameras and telescopes etc, I would have been with them if I had have been stateside. (
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

omaghjoe

Orior

About 7 or 8 years ago a friend of mine traveled to China to see a total eclipse. He saw nothing - it was cloudy.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Shamrock Shore

I think in a few million years there will be no more total eclipses as the moon is moving a few inches away from earth each year.

It's an amazing set of coincidences that gives rise to the total eclipse.

RedHand88

It always amazes me how then can predict these things to the second, decades in advance.

Hardy

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 21, 2017, 11:16:47 AM
It always amazes me how then can predict these things to the second, decades in advance.

- and that they've been able to do it for 330 years.

Tony Baloney

We have a site in NC which I think sits in the 96% band so a good few from work are going to see it.

AZOffaly

I thought this was about Bonnie Tyler

stew

My mates are heading to southern Illinois to a University there, apparently that is going to be the spot were the eclipse lasts the longest, hotel rooms have been booked out for years, I wish I could be there.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Lots of spots on that mainline have been sold out for months. Columbia Missouri, parts of Idaho - really cool if you're into it I guess.

I'm at 32000 feet right now and can't see a damn thing. Must be on the other side of the plane.

Muck Savage

Just seen it here in California, about 75%. Was pretty cool.
This is the third time I saw one, this was by far the best view.

Puckoon

Will it still be visible in SoCal in 20 minutes?

Eamonnca1

We got about 80% cover here. Started at about 9:15 this morning, a lot of interest at work. Not much work done this morning. I set up a projection contraption using binoculars and it worked well.