Tyrone v Donegal - Sunday 18th June at 2pm

Started by Fuzzman, May 29, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

shawshank

Only if your from Antrim do the Gaa CCCC come after you when it's vague with video evidence

southtyronegael

would mattie have been that big a loss to tyrone anyway?  the lad does not seem to be enjoying his football this year hence the striking out. could see him walking off the panel any time.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 01, 2017, 11:01:24 PM
would mattie have been that big a loss to tyrone anyway?  the lad does not seem to be enjoying his football this year hence the striking out. could see him walking off the panel any time.

Only a man who is still driving around in a Ford Anglia could deliver posts with such bitterness and resentment.

Donnelly has won two All Stars on the bounce, I'd say he's enjoyed his football under Harte for the most part.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 01, 2017, 11:01:24 PM

Or maybe he was just sick of Chris McKaigue hanging off him for the previous 60 minutes.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

im talking about this year lads. mattie playing very poor and already been sent off twice this year before the mc kaigue incident. something not right. and as for talk of ford anglias, your watchin too many mickey harte interviews you brainwashed fool.

Owen Brannigan

Ford Anglia 105e (1959-1968), an ionic car of its time when Ford ruled the roost in car sales and production.  Just over one million produced but almost impossible to find one nowadays due to its problems with rust that has reduced many UK produced cars of that time to a pile of dust.  It was available as 2-door saloon, 3-door estate car and 2-door panel van.  It had a 997 cc engine but the later Super model had a 1198 cc engine.  A new Anglia saloon tested by the British Motor magazine in 1959 had a top speed of 73.8 mph and 0-60 mph in 26.9 seconds. A fuel consumption of 41.2 miles per gallon was recorded (amazing for this time). The test car cost £610.  Eventually, the Anglia was pushed into the background by the newer Ford Cortina which was available in 3 and 5 door models.  For those of a certain age you will remember the clanging sound of the engine being turned over before starting and the Ford engine shared by the Anglia and Cortina to be easy to jump start but with a starter motor that would often jam, only relieved by shunting the car back and forward while in gear.

If you want to drive around the rural roads of Tyrone in a Ford Anglia then you should seek out an import from South Africa where the rust problems were reduced by the climate.  The only problem is that it is expensive to buy a good running model that will take you to Clones. Beware of models that have been over modded with much of the original car stripped away.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C852949

Fuzzman

So much for staying off this board until Harte was gone eh STG. Still, it was good when it lasted.

With Brolly on such a mission to undermine Harte and his style of football on the media, I am surprised he's not doing the same on here. Wwwwwwwwwwait a minute!

StephenC

What did youse make of Jim's article about Tyrone and how he thinks this time is coached to a higher level than the legendary team of the noughties?

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/jim-mcguinness-mickey-harte-and-brendan-rodgers-share-same-vision-1.3100537

Fuzzman

I think Jim is right, that most teams are being coached a lot more now on how to play and certain moves.
The game is analysed and thought about a lot more now than even 5 years ago.
There is so much talk now about defensive and attacking systems and how to break them down and I love this term "Punching holes" which has creeped into our analysis.

Video and statistics have played a huge part in how managers and coaches train their teams now and so there is less room for individual flair I feel. Another phrase we've heard a lot lately is "we're not in the entertainment business" but we just want to focus in winning. "Winning at all costs" is another one.
The game has changed a hell of a lot over the last 10 years with managers learning off each other and then building on what they see was successful for another team.
I think McGuinness saw how well Tyrone brought their half forwards back to help the defence and hunt in packs back in 2003 and so he thought why can't we not bring more players back and then play on the break like a lot of soccer teams do.

McGuinness certainly has had the biggest impact on the game I think for a long time. His influence has made the game a lot more tactical and so a lot more coached as how teams would have to play to break down this defensive blanket system. A lot is being learnt from other sports like soccer and rugby. How teams defend the scoring zone and no longer play 1 on 1 defenders for the most part. How forwards make runs at different angles and rarely kick long passes any more as they will be intercepted by sweepers.

Personally, I was lucky enough to see Tyrone play in the late 80s and 90s and whilst we didn't win an AI I used to really enjoy our style of play and how we could tear teams apart with great pace and passing. If Michael Murphy had played back then he would have been a superstar as he would have had a lot more space to operate in around the square. No the full forward line is a horrible place to play nowadays and as we saw in the Ulster final last year, the
ball is rarely kicked into you and if you do happen to beat your man there's another 2 or 3 waiting on you. Recycle is the new way forward (or back actually) and more often than not a pass into the corners will often be recycled back out to the 40 where there is more room.

I enjoy reading Jim's articles as they dig a lot deeper than most peoples analysis but I'm not so happy how our game has changed and rarely enjoy watching any games any more. Maybe cos I bring my kids to see the Dubs annihilate all before them and the game is over by half time or else see Tyrone labour with their slow build up play against teams who nearly always line up in the same formation as they do.

southtyronegael

Fuzzman, i said I was stayin off the Tyrone forum cause its full of pukes.

greatpoint

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 02, 2017, 01:52:34 PM
Fuzzman, i said I was stayin off the Tyrone forum cause its full of pukes.

That's just Tyrone in general.

Fuzzman

Wow, a carlow poster. Are you the first we've had?
Who do you want to win between Tyrone and Donegal. We might meet in the next round of qualifiers.

I'm surprised there aren't more Donegal posters on this board over the years. Do they have their own board somewhere? What's the mood in Donegal this year? Do they think they're on the way back up already or are they worried the good years have gone?

A repeat of the Ulster final in the minor game I see.