all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Donegal haven't got motoring at all this championship. You'd think two games against Longford and Meath would have been enough to burn off the dirty diesel but there still not right. Galway have a big chance here, IMO.

Main Street

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2017, 03:41:11 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 09, 2017, 12:13:46 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 09, 2017, 09:48:04 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 08, 2017, 11:41:29 PM
If someone followed your script, they'd get misdirected due to the misplaced apostrophe.

The phone's autocorrect was the culprit there.
The blame game ::) 

You have an iphone? turn off auto correct, as  the predictive three word choice works much better.
On the fly settings can be made  by holding down the emoji under the keyboard.
Or more formal,   Settings -  General -  Keyboard.

He's from Tyrone, so you'll have to explain the highlighted words to him.
I suppose the starting point of any solution for any discord between a Tyrone man and his phone is,
"It's not the phone that's the problem".

Predictive 3 word  text is when you type in 'Tyrone', it suggests as a follow-up word, 
paranoia, cynical, cheats.

ONeill

What way is the other side of the draw? Who do Dublin and Down meet in their quarter finals?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2017, 08:48:51 PM
What way is the other side of the draw? Who do Dublin and Down meet in their quarter finals?

B side will be Tipp, Carlow, Armagh and Monaghan. Hopefully Monaghan and Armagh are drawn against eachother (and so we would play the winner of Tipp v Carlow in Round 4 if we lose to Tyrone) - beating a team once in the championship is hard enough but twice even more so (as we found out with Derry).

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 09, 2017, 06:15:10 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 09, 2017, 04:45:15 PM
I don't have good memories of playing Donegal in Castlebar!

We are sooooo inconsistent, it's hard to know what a 2 week break will do for us........

They had 4 weeks to work on things after the Mayo game and they did almost everything worse today.

Donegal have not been great but I can't see Galway recovering from such an utterly dreadful performance in time.

Donegal will be licking their chops after watching that match today, how do you recover from that?

tippabu

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 09, 2017, 08:54:39 PM

B side will be Tipp, Carlow, Armagh and Monaghan. Hopefully Monaghan and Armagh are drawn against eachother (and so we would play the winner of Tipp v Carlow in Round 4 if we lose to Tyrone) - beating a team once in the championship is hard enough but twice even more so (as we found out with Derry).

I'm hoping for the exact same thing!!

OgraAnDun

Quote from: tippabu on July 09, 2017, 09:21:09 PM

I suppose Down would be the preferred draw compared to Kildare alright. You never know, hopefully Tyrone end up in the qualifiers.

tippabu

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 09, 2017, 09:44:52 PM

I suppose Down would be the preferred draw compared to Kildare alright. You never know, hopefully Tyrone end up in the qualifiers.

Who knows, nobody thought monaghan would be in the qualifiers at this stage. If ye do get us or carlow and win that a handy 1/4 final against the dubs for ye!!

OgraAnDun

Quote from: tippabu on July 09, 2017, 09:49:57 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 09, 2017, 09:44:52 PM

Who knows, nobody thought monaghan would be in the qualifiers at this stage. If ye do get us or carlow and win that a handy 1/4 final against the dubs for ye!!

There's similarities between the Down footballers and the Cork hurlers over the past couple of years so maybe that's an omen! Dubs will be waiting in the semi to try and stop us swaggering into the final  ;)

Mourne Rover

Will Galway/Donegal and Mayo/Cork end up as a double bill at somewhere like Limerick ?

tippabu

Quote from: Mourne Rover on July 09, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
Will Galway/Donegal and Mayo/Cork end up as a double bill at somewhere like Limerick ?

No

Seamus

Quote from: Mourne Rover on July 09, 2017, 09:55:07 PM

Cork would never agree to Limerick, it's like a home ground to Mayo at this stage.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

omagh_gael

Quote from: Main Street on July 09, 2017, 07:39:19 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2017, 03:41:11 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 09, 2017, 12:13:46 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 09, 2017, 09:48:04 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 08, 2017, 11:41:29 PM
If someone followed your script, they'd get misdirected due to the misplaced apostrophe.

The phone's autocorrect was the culprit there.
The blame game ::) 

You have an iphone? turn off auto correct, as  the predictive three word choice works much better.
On the fly settings can be made  by holding down the emoji under the keyboard.
Or more formal,   Settings -  General -  Keyboard.

He's from Tyrone, so you'll have to explain the highlighted words to him.
I suppose the starting point of any solution for any discord between a Tyrone man and his phone is,
"It's not the phone that's the problem".

Predictive 3 word  text is when you type in 'Tyrone', it suggests as a follow-up word, 
paranoia, cynical, cheats.

Type in Monaghan and the suggestions throw up:

Tyrone    Quarter Final       Defeat

The aul Monaghan knees are shaking at the prospect of meeting the red hands in Croker again ;)

cornetto

Galway  v donegal will probably castlebar.
after today's performance hard to get motivated,but Jesus they trained hard for today and just didn't happen.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: cornetto on July 09, 2017, 11:02:34 PM
Galway  v donegal will probably castlebar.
after today's performance hard to get motivated,but Jesus they trained hard for today and just didn't happen.

Galway and Donegal will be in Sligo you'd imagine.

The game was held there when a teenage Michael Murphy beat Galway on his own a good 10 years or so ago.