all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: StephenC on July 01, 2017, 06:57:00 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 01, 2017, 06:52:24 PM
Ah well. Both sides were dire. The missed. Oh sweet Jesus. Donegal going nowhere fast. But congrats to Donegal on being the least worst

That about sums it up. A terrible performance from both teams with Longford's inaccuracy from place balls being the difference. We are going nowhere as you said.

Well let's hope at least we can get a couple of favourable draws and scrape through games to get some experience. I would have bitten your arm off this year for a quarter final spot, but it sounds like there's just too much work to be done with this group to achieve that this season.

Jinxy

Please form an orderly queue to put us out of our misery.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 02, 2017, 12:47:10 AM
All the first round winners lost today in the second round.

20 teams left in the race for Sam.

You'd wonder if mayo/meath/donegal hadn't been at home, would they have made it through

omagh_gael

omagh_gael

Big two will be happy to have avoided eachother but they're both tricky games. They'll be well tested.

Shamrock Shore

Meath won't have a prayer if it's an Ulster ref.

50:50 otherwise

AZOffaly

Was anyone listening to the draw. Seriously if Des Cahill is this bored with the whole thing he should just f**k off.

From the Bunker

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 03, 2017, 09:11:46 AM
Was anyone listening to the draw. Seriously if Des Cahill is this bored with the whole thing he should just f**k off.

It was real cringe stuff!

Maroon Manc

The wife is worried the Mayo game won't be on TV, I suspect they'll go for Meath v Donegal and obviously Waterford v Kilkenny.

tippabu

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 03, 2017, 09:20:09 AM
The wife is worried the Mayo game won't be on TV, I suspect they'll go for Meath v Donegal and obviously Waterford v Kilkenny.

Last year at this stage they showed fermangh mayo at 3.30 and both hurling qualifiers at 5 and 7 so could yet be 3 tv games

Main Street

It's a good draw for the neutral, could be two very interesting games.

Cunny Funt

Looks to be mandatory for every Mayo championship game to be televised nowadays.

Taylor

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 03, 2017, 11:21:24 AM
Looks to be mandatory for every Mayo championship game to be televised nowadays.

Looking that way with Saturdays game live as well.

The other game would probably have been closer but watching Donegal has got so bad lately RTE have to think of the advertising revenue and viewing figures

Owen Brannigan

08 July   Clare v Mayo   Qualifier Round 3A   RTÉ
08 July   Qualifier Round   Sky Sports
09 July   Galway v Roscommon  Connacht Final   RTÉ

stevecw

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 02, 2017, 12:47:10 AM
All the first round winners lost today in the second round.

20 teams left in the race for Sam.

Unlikely to see that happen again this weekend, 3 of the 1st round winners have a big chance of progressing.

Would expect Armagh to beat Westmeath. Carlow should beat Leitrim too. Cavan v Tipp is tough to call, but Cavan might squeeze through.
Monaghan will definitely beat Wexford, they are the only 1st round winner who will certainly lose.