all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Banty and McElkennon were a very positive influence on Monaghan county football in those dark times of div 4 stagnancy and I have a lot of respect for him.
Since Banty departed, Monaghan have been mostly poor in the qualifiers, handing Offaly a very rare championship win one year, beaten by Laos another year and then some other team last year.
Anything can happen this year in Wexford.

cornetto

Cavan and tipp will be close encounter two good teams who will run all day.tipp should have a few of their injured players back,quilivan? Home advantage could swing this cavans way,but don't underestimate tipp like we did in galway last year!!

Shamrock Shore

Quoteand then some other team last year.

;D

C'mon Main Street - get it out. No sense bottling it up. Lance that boil!

Maroon Manc

I see Limerick v Kilkenny is on SKY on Saturday at 7pm, have RTE announced which game they'll cover at 5?

Main Street

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 26, 2017, 01:10:20 PM
Quoteand then some other team last year.

;D

C'mon Main Street - get it out. No sense bottling it up. Lance that boil!
Still in therapy, possibly the memory will be released when it's deemed that I'm strong enough to handle it.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on June 26, 2017, 12:50:17 PM
Banty and McElkennon were a very positive influence on Monaghan county football in those dark times of div 4 stagnancy and I have a lot of respect for him.
Since Banty departed, Monaghan have been mostly poor in the qualifiers, handing Offaly a very rare championship win one year, beaten by Laos another year and then some other team last year.

Is it an attitude thing?

There's no way in hell that Monaghan should have been beaten by Longford last year, especially when Longford then limped out against Cork, whom Monaghan would very probably have beaten.

Although I would have said the same about Down beating Monaghan on Saturday. But at least with Down, they now have the opportunity to prove it wasn't just a case of them catching Monaghan on the hop.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 26, 2017, 01:12:01 PM
I see Limerick v Kilkenny is on SKY on Saturday at 7pm, have RTE announced which game they'll cover at 5?
Mayo Derry presumably.

Schkite

Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2017, 01:21:39 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 26, 2017, 12:50:17 PM

Is it an attitude thing?

There's no way in hell that Monaghan should have been beaten by Longford last year, especially when Longford then limped out against Cork, whom Monaghan would very probably have beaten.

Although I would have said the same about Down beating Monaghan on Saturday. But at least with Down, they now have the opportunity to prove it wasn't just a case of them catching Monaghan on the hop.

I think having the 2 tough games with Donegal then only a week to regroup for a game Longford team was a big factor, but there was definitely an attitude problem aswell. They must have been over confident and didn't prepare for a battle, and once Longford got on top our boys didn't have the appetite for a fight back. I'd hope that experience would guard against any sort of complacency but then I thought that for the Down game too!

It's a banana skin for our first qualifier, but if we can get over that hurdle I think we can get back to the quarter finals and give it a crack. But we need to have the stomach for the back door this time, we certainly didn't last year.

Croí na hÉireann

*pokes head around door, shuffles up to bar

Pint of plain and a whiskey barman. Actually make that a double.

*glances left, then right

Well lads

*stares ahead
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

At least you're still drinking. We have to leave now. G'Luck.

Shamrock Shore

*approaches sad lad in a Westmeath jersey at the bar to offer consolences*

*thinks better of it*

*quietly leaves*

mrdeeds

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 26, 2017, 03:24:10 PM
At least you're still drinking. We have to leave now. G'Luck.

Why did McNamee not start? Jaysus he's a huge physical player.

AZOffaly

In fairness he's played hardly any football for Offaly this year. I'd imagine 3 games in 3 weeks was stretching it for him.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 26, 2017, 01:23:50 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 26, 2017, 01:12:01 PM
Mayo Derry presumably.
Mayo v Derry confirmed for RTE coverage. Safe to say as long as Mayo are in the championship that all of their games will get live TV coverage.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU