all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMG1

Quote from: T Fearon on June 17, 2017, 06:47:04 PM
Is Jack Dowling,Antrim a son of former Armagh player Dermot Dowling?
Yes he is

cornetto

So the winners tonight
Laois
Sligo
Derry
longford

drawn against

Meath
Mayo
Clare
Loser tyrone/donegal

seafoid

Longford used to be a May thing. I think they could rattle Meath.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

*stroking cat*

Hello Mr Jinxy....we've been expecting you!

magpie seanie

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 17, 2017, 06:59:06 PM
Sending off for Antrim was a turning point for 2 reason

1) Antrim down to 14
2) give us a chance to. Ring on a fast player Kyle Cawley to replace a injured Mark Breheny.

I hope Mark is okay. It I think he should be a sub for the next day, once sligo played fast direc football they were unstoppable.

Don't know why Kevin McDonnell didn't start .

Absolutely no defensible reason for this. And the ongoing joke selection of keeper almost cost us. Thankfully Antrim shot themselves in the foot with the sending off. Frustrating to have this going on because I think we could be decent of the team was picked properly with some sort of tactics and gameplan.

Mayo in Castlebar the next day, wait till you see.

Main Street

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 17, 2017, 10:58:11 PM
Well. I spose it's hard to prove intent - only the player knows this - but it was kicked with such force and direction that it look pretty intentional. Hard to know hoe this will pan out but it looks like his summer is over.

BTW I forgot to say the reason the ref had his back turned was because he was busy sending on another Louth lad!
It could be a new one for the CCCC.
If the Louth player had intended to hit the umpire with the ball, then he surely would have missed the target.

Jinxy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 18, 2017, 08:47:38 PM
*stroking cat*

I bet we get Laois.
We always get Laois.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Jinxy on June 18, 2017, 10:35:25 PM
*stroking cat*

I bet we get Laois.
We always get Laois.

It's been 25 or so years since Longford faced Meath (a hammering) so perhaps we are due a game. The only home game we've a chance of hosting in Longford would be Clare. Rest would have to be in neutral.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 18, 2017, 08:58:32 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on June 17, 2017, 06:59:06 PM
Sending off for Antrim was a turning point for 2 reason

1) Antrim down to 14
2) give us a chance to. Ring on a fast player Kyle Cawley to replace a injured Mark Breheny.

I hope Mark is okay. It I think he should be a sub for the next day, once sligo played fast direc football they were unstoppable.

Don't know why Kevin McDonnell didn't start .

Absolutely no defensible reason for this. And the ongoing joke selection of keeper almost cost us. Thankfully Antrim shot themselves in the foot with the sending off. Frustrating to have this going on because I think we could be decent of the team was picked properly with some sort of tactics and gameplan.

Mayo in Castlebar the next day, wait till you see.
It beggars belief, let in a ridiculously soft goal and was damned lucky not to give away another in the first half, our best keeper is beyond in the States and probably the next best walked off the panel, mind you if you were sitting on the bench for that clown you'd wonder why bother. It almost makes one pine for the somewhat more moderate hopelessness of Fizzy. McDonnell not starting was a mystery and it was only McHugh's unfortunate injury that let him in for any decent run of it, has to start the next day.

The sending off worked for us well in that aside from them going down a man, Breheny's withdrawal let Kyle Cawley in and he injected a good deal more pace into the attack and caused them problems. In fairness there are far harder defences to break down than Antrim's but the scoring in the second half was impressive in any case. A decent manager and there might be something to work with there for sure.

SCFC

Quote from: Jinxy on June 18, 2017, 10:35:25 PM
*stroking cat*

I bet we get Laois.
We always get Laois.
If he can't beat the current Laois team, ye should consider disbanding your football team.

Owenmoresider

Meath v Sligo
Mayo v Derry
Donegal v Longford
Laois v Clare

highorlow

Mayo v Derry, Castlebar.

If changes aren't made they will do to us what Fermanagh failed to do last year. AOS needs to start this game in FF with Loftus or Regan playing off him. Cillian needs to stay inside also.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go